Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Masterwork vs. Legacy Masterwork  (Read 3114 times)

Khorinis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New Masterwork vs. Legacy Masterwork
« on: November 21, 2018, 12:35:37 pm »

Do you guys play the new or the older masterwork? I find it difficult becaus the old masterwork version has a lot more features but it's missing all the cool new additions to the DF vanilla game and tools like armok vision don't work with the old version :(.

So I'm interested which version do you prefer?

Nidor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Masterwork vs. Legacy Masterwork
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 01:50:57 pm »

I like the old one for all the features MDF gives, like spawning sieges or transforming units, and has my favorite playable civ, the Necromancers, which in the new version Meph has stated is all but impossible to port over.

Though i do appreciate the newer version's trees, but not how it handled getting attacked by other civs. so Old version for sure.

coolphoton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 10:09:40 pm »

Same here. I play legacy. At least some of the DFhack scripts can be back ported though.

lightstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 08:06:16 am »

Do you guys play the new or the older masterwork? I find it difficult becaus the old masterwork version has a lot more features but it's missing all the cool new additions to the DF vanilla game and tools like armok vision don't work with the old version :(.

Havent played since 0.34
What are the cool things in Fortress mode that been added since then?

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 08:59:06 am »

Havent played since 0.34
What are the cool things in Fortress mode that been added since then?

Multilevel trees and fruit gathering, wandering monster hunters and mercenaries that petition your fort to stay for a while to kill things, taverns to help with marrying dorfs off, libraries to brainwash people into whatever ethics the books were written with/spread secrets like necromancy in an organic way/teach medical skills, temples to have lots of statues that angery dorfs can knock over and get cursed so you don't have to wait for RNGsus to give you a vampire accountant, the ability to quit a fort without destroying all your hard work, memory spans longer than that of a goldfish, the passage of time...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 09:00:53 am by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle