Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: Shattered Lands  (Read 15435 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Shattered Lands
« Reply #210 on: January 08, 2019, 07:03:13 am »

I'm going to rule that you need a border or use boats, and that you need to use an action to send troops, but they can stay multiple turns and recalling them is a free action.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 09, 2019, 03:45:30 pm »

I have been asked about making turns by PM, and I think it's delightful.
You have to post you are being sneaky however (both to let others know you are not idling, and to remind me when I'm making the turn), and any turns posted in-thread will receive priority over the actions you send by PM (you're either sneaky or you're not)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 09, 2019, 03:47:44 pm »

Am being sneaky, as such.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 09, 2019, 04:07:09 pm »

I am not a fan of hidden orders.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 04:16:21 pm by evictedSaint »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 12, 2019, 08:26:45 pm »

In this episode of Shattered Lands someone tries to be too clever for their own good.

King RulerOfNothing  Attacks XV and LVII, both are flawless victories. 16 total loot obtained. They also construct enough boats to transport 400 troops. Worrying news arrive from the midwestern border- XVI is taken and its garrison slain to a man.

King The_Two_Eternities Decides it is finally time for some much needed revanchism and makes the Masked Realms pay for the humiliations of the past. They attack LXVII and LXXX when they are amazed to find no defenders whatsoever. 14 loot is extracted from local peasants. An Alliance is ratified with RulerOfNothing. (technical note: you only attacked LXXX with 50 troops, due to not enough boats, not that it mattered)

King MonkeyMarkMario buys a mighty fleet (although it seems rather small now that you've read so far) of 13 ships. They also build a 70 foot high wall (having no problem funding it either) and 5 quivers of arrows. Someone is gearing up for a defensive campaign.

King Jerick Attacks IV, flawless victory. 7 loot is taken as spoils. They also attack XXXVIII, but are only able to defeat 4 locals, the rest have refused to surrender. They also invest in the economy, 6 new handcarts have been bought.

The Masked Realms Sends all their men out. The biggest group, of 40 men, goes on a covert attack of LXI but are rebuffed taking 11 losses. The other 14 men try to take over LXVI, taking 1 damage and inflicting 5 upon the enemy, who cowardly surrender. 11 loot is taken as spoils. While all that is going on, Südland openly rides into LXVII and LXXX and take them. It turns out fortifications aren't worth much if they aren't manned. Finally 10 points are refunded, since the region in question is no longer under Masked Realm control.

King EvictedSaint invests in infrastructure, 5 new clean outhouses are built, dysentery plummets. They also attack XVI with 127 men, wiping out the defenders. The territory is captured. 7 loot is taken as spoils. King Kitrougard is to busy sneaking around to do any diplomacy, apparently.

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)
King RulerOfNothing of Lland, Duke of Lland, Xevia, Viy, South Lland, points: 220 income: 99/turn boats:40 offense: +60% defense: +70% Allies: MonkeyMarkMario, The_Two_Eternities

King The_Two_Eternities of Südland, Duke of Southron, Southport, points: 190 income: 38/turn boats:5  defense: +20%  offense: +20% Allies: MonkeyMarkMario, RulerOfNothing

King MonkeyMarkMario of Li, Duke of Li, Bi, LXands., points: 138 income: 113/turn boats:22 offense: +100% defense: +100% Allies: RulerOfNothing, The_Two_Eternities

King Jerick of Redsvale, Duke of Redsvale, Redsvale(1), points: 198 income: 58/turn offense: +16% defense: +20% Allies: EvictedSaint, KitRougard

King KitRougard of The Masked Realms, Duke of Masked Tribes, XXI, points: 96 income: 28/turn boats:4 defense: +50% Allies: Jerick

King EvictedSaint of NSFW, Duke of Lewd, Adultcontent, points: 231 income: 114/turn Allies: Jerick
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 03:22:30 pm by a1s »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 12, 2019, 08:36:03 pm »

:thonk:

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 12, 2019, 08:43:43 pm »

Attack XVI with 60 points
Attack XXV with 60 points
Invest 21 points into IX
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 09:34:43 pm by RulerOfNothing »

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 12, 2019, 08:52:25 pm »

Suddenly, they all just piled back to their original island, abandoning all other captured land. Because the king was a sore loser, and was going to do a porcupine. NO TOUCH

Translation: Retract all occupation of land, scrape back all economic points possible, we're GOING HOME BOYS
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 12, 2019, 09:08:04 pm »

I have 22 boats, not 9.

Send 46 troops each to X, XXI, and XXXVI

The Kingdom of LI is claiming all the islands, we will tho respect our allies and not attack the islands they hold.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 12, 2019, 09:16:40 pm »

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 13, 2019, 05:19:05 am »

Neither my points total or income has changed since last turn despite gaining ground, investing on income and spending less than I should of been gaining.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 14, 2019, 03:22:49 pm »

Neither my points total or income has changed since last turn despite gaining ground, investing on income and spending less than I should of been gaining.
fixed.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 14, 2019, 04:09:20 pm »

Alright then time to be sneaky. Actions PMd.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 16, 2019, 10:08:09 am »

Still missing actions from TTE and Evicted Saint.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 17, 2019, 02:28:44 pm »

Update imminent.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18