Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Shattered Lands  (Read 15468 times)

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shattered Lands
« Reply #120 on: December 17, 2018, 05:34:10 am »

Invest 21 points into VI
Invest 21 points into VII
Attack VIII with 54 points

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 17, 2018, 05:58:43 am »

With all the big players allying against the smaller players, we're pretty much boned. It feels like you only have a chance in this game if you're one of the first people to apply, since there seems to come a point where you begin to snowball out of control. Maybe this game would be better if it had a limited number of players that started all at the same time? Ah well, we'll see what happens. This is fun either way.
90% Attack LVII again. For the glory of Adreksvalred!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 08:42:26 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 17, 2018, 08:25:45 am »

Maybe this game would be better if it had a limited number of players that started all at the same time?
Probably, yes. I guess I'll be smarter next time.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 17, 2018, 09:59:01 am »

Attack XLI with 26
Attack XXV with 27

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 17, 2018, 10:08:52 am »

Send 40 troops each to attack LXXVII and LXXXII, than form the duchy of LXands.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 17, 2018, 12:25:01 pm »

Attack XII with 21 points, Attack III with 19 points
Yeah the snowballing is a bit of an issue with this game. Actions and points are the resources in this game but actions are more valuable the earlier they are used so late joiners and anyone who gets screwed by bad rolls early on will always be at a disadvantage. If you want to have late joiners in future games here's what I'd do (it's not viable to implement it in this game now though); Give late joiners bonus points when they join based on how many turns it has been since the game started. If they join on the second turn they get five bonus points, the third turn ten, the fourth twenty. I'd also have it cap and stop increasing after a point.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 17, 2018, 11:09:38 pm »

I suspect after the first minor nation falls, all the other nations will surrender and become tributaries to their larger neighbors, causing the mega alliance between the bigger ones to crumble.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 18, 2018, 04:20:27 am »

Mhm. Even I, the guy who made the minor alliance for the most part, am thinking of just allying with someone else. How about us minor nations all join with one guy though, so we all still win together, even if not as directly as would be hoped?
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 18, 2018, 07:02:39 am »

Just waiting for The_Two_Eternities and KitRougard now.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 19, 2018, 04:59:51 am »

I guess they aren't going to post. Turn today.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 19, 2018, 09:23:26 am »

NOPE NOT DEAD
Split offensive on both the areas of that last island - That's like, 18 troops to each half of that island
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 19, 2018, 01:05:11 pm »

King RulerOfNothing invests in heavily in infrastructure, peasants adore their new interstate-12 road. They also attack VII, another flawless victory. 10 points of loot are taken as spoils.

King The_Two_Eternities could not be reached for comment.

King MonkeyMarkMario attacks LXXVII, crushing them and LXXXII, crushing them too, but taking 2 damage in the process. 11 total loot is aken as spoils. They also form the Duchy of LXands.

Duke Jerick Attacks XII with 21 points, losing 4 and destroying the opposition and III with 19 points, losing 1 and killing all defenders. Te counties turned out too be rather poor though, so  he only collects 7 loot.

The Masked Tribes sail out to take over the X/XXI island. The old divisions that have prevented the island from uniting soon become apparent: the frozen wastes of X breed strong warriors, who manage to destroy 4 masked warriors, while losing 6. The decadent south Xxians surrender without inflicting any losses on the enemy. 7 loot is taken as spoils.

Duke EvictedSaint Attack XLI with 26 troops and XXV with 27, and take both without a loss. 13 total loot is taken as spoils. 

Duke TankKit continues the disastrous offensive, this time losing only 5 troops and taking 2 of the enemy's with them. So... progress?

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

King RulerOfNothing of Lland, Duke of Lland, Xevia, points: 108 income: 56/turn offense: +5% Allies: MonkeyMarkMario

King The_Two_Eternities of Südland, Duke of Southron, Southport, points: 92 income: 18/turn boats:5 Allies: MonkeyMarkMario

King MonkeyMarkMario of Li, Duke of Li, Bi, LXands., points: 180 income: 29/turn offense: +10% Allies: RulerOfNothing, The_Two_Eternities

Duke Jerick of Redsvale, points: 59 income: 15/turn offense: +13% Allies: EvictedSaint, TankKit

Duke KitRougard of The Masked Tribes, points: 56 income: 12/turn boats:4 Allies: TankKit

Duke EvictedSaint of Lewd, points: 84 income: 20/turn Allies: Jerick, TankKit

Duke TankKit of Adreksvalred, points: 16 income: 4/turn Allies: Jerick, EvictedSaint, KitRougard

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 19, 2018, 01:34:37 pm »

Ah screw it, I'm giving my land to EvictedSaint. I'm not having fun and I can't possibly ever win or really affect anything at this point, so I'd rather help any ally win instead. In general I'm beginning to see the flaw with this game: It's too luck based. There's no strategy, no real way of affecting how you win except rolling a dice. While it's always nice to have some element of randomization in a game, this is just too much. You can give bonuses to how you fight but, again, it requires luck to get to the point where you can afford that. Even if everyone started at the same time the game would quickly be decided simply by whoever was the luckiest and is able to snowball out of control.

In conclusion, the game's fun but it bothers me how little you can affect battles. So yeah, I'm giving everything to EvictedSaint.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 19, 2018, 01:52:38 pm »

Damn dude, after reading that report I was gonna donate a couple dozen troops to help kick-start your offensive and get the ball rolling.  But I understand if you're not having fun, and I promise to treat your people with the respect they deserve.

Hey a1s, do I get TankKit's remaining 16 points?

Rename "Duchy of Adreksvalred" to "Duchy of Adult Content".
With 2 Duchies (Lewd and Adult Content) create the "Kingdom of NSFW". (20 points).
Attack VL with my remaining troops.

Also, doesn't RulerofNothing win a Tech Victory, since he has >50 points income and more than twice anyone else?

Winning:
tech victory is now based on income: 50 min income at least double second place and after turn 10;
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 02:03:05 pm by evictedSaint »

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 19, 2018, 02:13:40 pm »

Create a second Duchy and the Kingdom of Redsvale for 20 points.
(Invest 21 points into XI)

« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 03:49:47 pm by Jerick »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18