Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Shattered Lands  (Read 15438 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Shattered Lands (Ongoing, stragglers welcome)
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2018, 08:59:07 pm »

Does it require an actual action?
Yes. However Jerick just spent an action doing nothing, next time they or you have downtime, why not issue an alliance offer? (only one side has to)

I would also like to announce a deeper NPC reaction system.
Firstly, When conquering there is now a chance (if you opt into it) that the NPC will become your vassal (only Dukes and above.) That means you get only half their income and no loot, but you don't have to fight. Fight goes on as normal if they decline.
Secondly, coming to your allies' aid improves your reputation, while declining to help them or attacking your vassals/liege diminishes it. NPCs are more likely to ally and be vassalized by players who have good reputation, and may even rebel if goes low enough.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2018, 05:39:25 am »

I like this new NPC reaction system.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2018, 01:57:39 pm »

"We have begun the expansion of our not-so-humble people recently, and I have seen that our brothers of the Second Island live different from us! We follow the same core teachings, but differences propogate from there. We are no longer one tribe, but many! I, AS THE MASKED SHAMAN, DEEM US THE MASKED TRIBES!"
Upgrading *that first island* to a Duchy! Yay more actions!
If possible, use newly minted action to dump all 20 points into that very island for income.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Shattered Lands
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2018, 05:24:31 pm »

Duke RulerOfNothing attacks XXXIV, they lose 1 squad and eliminate the enemy. 7 points of loot are taken as spoils. They also invest 6 points into IL.

Duke The_Two_Eternities raids LXIV with 7 squads. The raiders choose to proceed cautiously and only obtain 1 point of loot.

Duke MonkeyMarkMario Attacks LXI. LXIans, it turns out are horrible cowards, and surrender as soon as they lose their first squad. 10 points of loot taken as spoils. The duke also extends an alliance offer to Count EvictedSaint, which is accepted.

Count Jerick Attacks II with 14 squads. His troops fall into an ambush, losing 7 and killing 2 enemy squads.

Masked Ghouls are now known as the Duchy of Masked Tribes.

Count EvictedSaint Attacks XL, he surrounds the remaining enemies and slaughters them to a man. 7 points of loot are taken as spoils.

Count TankKit unites the land of LVI under his rule.

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

Duke RulerOfNothing of Lland, points: 40 income: 12/turn offense: +5% Allies: MonkeyMarkMario

Duke The_Two_Eternities of Southron, points: 25 income: 10/turn

Duke MonkeyMarkMario of Li, points: 47 income: 13/turn offense: +10% Allies: RulerOfNothing

Count Jerick, points: 16 income: 5/turn

Duke KitRougard of The Masked Tribes, points: 20 income: 2/turn boats:2

Count EvictedSaint, points: 30 income: 2/turn

Duke TankKit, points: 20 income: 1/turn
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 06:45:56 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2018, 06:36:41 pm »

MonkeyMarkMario offered an alliance to me, not EvictedSaint.
Attack LX with 28 points
Invest 10 points into XXXIV

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2018, 06:44:33 pm »

So he did. I guess We have enough players for me to get confused.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2018, 07:41:11 pm »

Form the Duchy of Lewd from XXX and XL

Count Jerick, once I have some free actions to spend, I'll formally extend an alliance to you.  Until then, I hope we can be content with an informal alliance (although it's no less real to me despite it's informality).

Count TankKit: welcome! I ask that you do not expand north, and I will also extend an alliance to you.  I hope that our close borders will not exclude us from friendship, for I think we would both appreciate having an ally keeping one another's borders safe. :)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 07:56:16 pm by evictedSaint »

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2018, 08:05:32 pm »

Why do I keep getting slaughtered :(
Attack II with 90%
Count Jerick, once I have some free actions to spend, I'll formally extend an alliance to you.  Until then, I hope we can be content with an informal alliance (although it's no less real to me despite it's informality).
Sure thing an informal alliance for the time being then.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2018, 08:38:37 pm »

Send 50% of my troops to attack LXXI and and other 50% to attack LXXII.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2018, 08:54:00 am »

Count TankKit: welcome! I ask that you do not expand north, and I will also extend an alliance to you.  I hope that our close borders will not exclude us from friendship, for I think we would both appreciate having an ally keeping one another's borders safe. :)
I accept an informal alliance for now due to a lack of more than one action. I also ask that you do not expand south until the alliance is formal.

In the meantime, Conquer LV with all 90% of my force.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2018, 10:19:04 am »

Place 9 points into each island to create a wonderful economy!
((2+3+4)*2)=18 spent
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2018, 11:36:10 am »

Attack LXIV with 90%.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2018, 01:25:47 pm »

Duke RulerOfNothing attacks LX, they annihilate the enemy. 9 points of loot are taken as spoils. They also invest 10 points into XXXIV.

Duke The_Two_Eternities Attacks LXIV with 22 squads. They lose 2 squads and kill 9 enemies, the rest surrender. 10 points of loot are taken as spoils.

Duke MonkeyMarkMario Attacks LXXI with 23 squads. they annihilate the enemy. He also attacks LXXII with 24 squads. The duke's armies take 1 damage and destroy the enemy.  A combined 10 loot is brought back.

Count Jerick Attacks II with 14 squads. Jerrick flips his troops' switch from "slaughtered" to "slaughter"  and they easily annihilate the enemy taking no damage. 7 points of loot are taken as spoils.

The Masked Tribes raise their economy levels to 4 across the board for 20 points.

Count EvictedSaint  is crowned the Duke of Lewd.

Count TankKit attacks LV with 18 squads. Attackers start cautiously by eliminating 1 border patrol. no surrender.

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

Duke RulerOfNothing of Lland, points: 61 income: 17/turn offense: +5% Allies: MonkeyMarkMario

Duke The_Two_Eternities of Southron, points: 43 income: 11/turn

Duke MonkeyMarkMario of Li, points: 69 income: 15/turn offense: +10% Allies: RulerOfNothing

Count Jerick, points: 28 income: 6/turn

Duke KitRougard of The Masked Tribes, points: 2 income: 10/turn boats:2

Duke EvictedSaint of Lewd, points: 22 income: 4/turn

Duke TankKit, points: 21 income: 1/turn
[/quote]

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2018, 02:34:07 pm »

What is the exact mechanic for combat? I assume rolling is involved somehow? Right now the post just says "number vs number plus bonuses"

What number do npc's territories have?

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2018, 03:45:05 pm »

Continue attacking LV.

And yeah, I have the same questions as evictedSaint.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18