Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Shattered Lands  (Read 15422 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Shattered Lands
« Reply #240 on: January 29, 2019, 01:36:47 am »

e_e

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 29, 2019, 01:38:48 am »

Cat got your tongue, I am willing to accept your surrender.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 29, 2019, 03:03:10 pm »

This may prove to be the final turn of the game, if the MNA is reduced to less than 465 points. Will they find a clever way to avoid that fate, or roll the dice on the biggest battle to date? Stay tuned to find out. 8)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 30, 2019, 06:43:57 am »

I'm being sneaksy

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 30, 2019, 07:19:18 am »

Hmmm. Not sure what I should do here.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 30, 2019, 05:32:58 pm »

I'm sure you will figure it out  ;D

I aim for a turn tomorrow evening, day after the latest, so I urge evictedSaint, TTE and RoN to submit their turns before then.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 30, 2019, 06:07:24 pm »

Attack LVII with 30 troops

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 30, 2019, 06:37:06 pm »

I think my attack has thrown evictedSaint off and he has no idea what to do.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 31, 2019, 03:40:24 pm »

Turn imminent

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 31, 2019, 04:26:27 pm »

The die is cast, if unimpressively.

King RulerOfNothing send 30 men to conquer LVII, in an honorable, if futile, gesture to show others there are corners of this map that can still be conquered without harming others. LVIIans beg to differ, but their cries are wholly ignored. 5 loot is obtained.

King The_Two_Eternities is constant in his impassivity.

King MonkeyMarkMario brings down his fist on a combined NSFW-Redsvale defense. Somewhat anticlimactically 21 Lians die, each taking with him 3 minor nationals (63 total). Such is the power of force multipliers.

King Jerick orders his troops to a assist NSFW in their defense. His success is marred only slightly by the 24 coffins arriving home for a heroes' funeral.

King EvictedSaint musters a defense of LXVIII out of thin air.  They hold their ground, but 39 of them pay for it.

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)
King RulerOfNothing of Lland, Duke of Lland, Xevia, Viy, South Lland, points: 206 (+30 Lian defenders) income:97/turn boats:40 offense: +60% defense: +170% Allies: MonkeyMarkMario, The_Two_Eternities

King The_Two_Eternities of Südland, Duke of Southron, Southport, points: 304 income: 38/turn boats:5  defense: +20%  offense: +20% Allies: MonkeyMarkMario, RulerOfNothing

King MonkeyMarkMario of Li, Duke of Li, Bi, LXands, Masked Tribes and XXI., points: 415 income: 127/turn boats:41 offense: +100% defense: +100% Allies: RulerOfNothing, The_Two_Eternities

King Jerick of Redsvale, Duke of Redsvale, Redsvale(1), points: 59 income: 59/turn offense: +42% defense: +30% Allies: EvictedSaint

King EvictedSaint of NSFW, Duke of Lewd, Adultcontent, points: 544 (+262 Redsvale Defenders) income: 124/turn offense: +35% Allies: Jerick

I would like to stress that secret orders are not only available to Jerrick (and remind everyone that withdrawing a defensive garrison is a free action, and the points can be reused on the same turn)

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 31, 2019, 04:47:05 pm »

I have to ask how exactly are battles calculated? Because I would have thought that having 710 + the natural defender bonus (a total of 780) would have done far more damage to a force of 300 +100% bonus (a total of 600). I know dice are involved but how is damage dealt? I want to know so we can have an idea just how much force it takes to stack wipe an enemy.

Also I don't think two eternities is coming back. He hasn't posted since he lost all his troops in attacking Kit and that was a while ago.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 31, 2019, 04:51:20 pm »

It's more than that - 745 troops with a 10% defender bonus is 820 against 610 - that's a difference of more than a third, yet we lost three times as many troops :(

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 31, 2019, 05:36:32 pm »

Fools, you cannot out match the power of the islanders. Can I change my kingdom name to Japan?
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 31, 2019, 05:37:34 pm »

I'm actually making the ratio into a bigger deal than it is for dramatic effect. In reality 63 is a low number, and 21 is ridiculously low.
The real range of outcomes lies between MMM inflicting a one-sided 610 casualties (least likely) to MNA destroying the attacking army (more likely) or both at the same time (probably the most likely of the three though still quite unlikely.)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 31, 2019, 05:53:10 pm »

Can I change my kingdom name to Japan?
Name change is a free action, but don't abuse it too much.

The real mechanics of comat are
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 05:57:12 pm by a1s »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18