Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 44

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 7: IC Thread!  (Read 39675 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 7: IC Thread!
« Reply #270 on: January 06, 2019, 11:10:00 am »

"We were only ambushed once. They got us, too, as we prepared to stay for morning meal at an inn. Now, in retrospect, the innkeeper was too friendly and asking too many questions. Still, even with all those narrow corridors and passageways, we were victorious and suffered no casualties."

"Do you know which of King's courtiers sent the letter to Joachim, asking him to come talk with Princess about their marriage?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 06, 2019, 01:51:53 pm »

Priscilla frowned.
"Lichteisen sent us a letter - or at least, someone purpoting to be them did. We kept this quiet and told no one the Princess the coming. This whole event has been a trap, then."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 06, 2019, 01:56:09 pm »

"That's... well, Joachim's parents received a letter signed by the King himself, telling that Princess Sophia needs to discuss their marriage plans. The letter also mentioned that the Princess will meet with him at Ondeviik, Lichteisen's summer villa. Having received such summons, Joachim's parents of course sent him without delay, along with proper entourage, of course."

"C-c-can I go?" The archer squirmed in his binds.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

GM_3826

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 06, 2019, 02:02:50 pm »

"We didn't send any messengers. So, more than likely, that was a fake." Johannes said.

"Now," Johannes said, turning to the rest of the group. "What do you suggest we do with the archer?" Johannes frowned at Sophia. "I'm sorry for getting you involved," he said.
Quote from: Albert Einstein
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Quote from: Albert Einstein, as well
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 06, 2019, 03:00:47 pm »

"The crime of assaulting the Royal family is treason, and the penalty of treason is death. Unless we intend to interrogate him further, I'll execute him here and now."

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 06, 2019, 04:16:12 pm »

"Is it likely he knows anything worth questioning him further for?" Jill asks. "Or would it be worth taking him along as evidence... that'd probably be too hard though. Nor is a death less then what bandits deserve... Oh! I forgot to introduce myself. Jill Frost, at your service. Or, well, the Lichteisen's service considering they're the ones whom hired me, but doubt that makes much difference right now."

Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 06, 2019, 04:29:01 pm »

"Do you guys mind if I talk to him a while?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 06, 2019, 04:31:37 pm »

"Pleased to meet you, Miss Frost. Your timing was impeccable."
"If we'd captured one of those spies that ran into the brush, perhaps they'd have known more. This archer is just a minion."
She looked down at the archer as she readied her axe, only for Venza to speak. She lowered it and puffed on her pipe.
"Talk away, Venza, if you think it might help."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 06, 2019, 04:45:08 pm »

"Right.."

Drags the Archer off to near the trees.

Venza sighs and says, "I'm guessing you know what trouble there is here. Attacking a noble often ends with your death, and I think that even had you succeeded, these foreigners would have just killed you off."

"As it is, they will kill you. And for attacking a Noble, well.. The Law is rather well cut.."

Venza falls silent before pinning the archer with a Stare...

"Assuming you haven't committed too many crimes, you can gain a pardon by cooperating with us instead.. Though you may not be able to pick out the foreign backers, a drawing of the noble in question could give you a reduced sentence if it pans out."

"You'd likely spend the year in jail, but afterwards, you would be free to go, assuming you got a proper job. Banditry is dangerous business, as you now well know."
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 04:46:40 pm by TricMagic »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 06, 2019, 05:02:12 pm »

"I-I don't remember their faces! I don't! There were others that listened more carefully! I don't know anything!!" In that very moment, the Princess came over.

"Um... is he, is he, did he provide any information?" Sophia's breath was level now and her shaking was gone.

She was better.

"If he helped us... in any way... then, then, then he will be set free." The captive archer looked at the Princess blankly, presumably in shock.
SigFlags!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 06, 2019, 05:06:35 pm »

sigh

"He hasn't given us much, but as much as he knows. We at least know that some nobles with foreign backing likely hired them."

"Given that, it might still be a good idea for him to travel with us. Not like there is anything waiting for him anymore. And those cloaked ones may still be around."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 06, 2019, 05:11:54 pm »

"...Are you sure, your highness? He'd have murdered you without a blink, should the circumstances be reversed. Little doubt he'll only go and cause trouble for other people."
"I can give him a quick death. He won't suffer, but I'm loath to let a traitor walk away unpunished."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 06, 2019, 05:14:19 pm »

"I... I... no, he will be set free. Some believe that Hede's grace should not be encompassing criminals, but I disagree with that viewpoint." She took a deep breath and looked at Priscilla.

"Undo the bindings, Priscilla. I mean... please."
SigFlags!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 06, 2019, 05:25:47 pm »

Priscilla met the Princess' gaze... then nodded approvingly as she exerted her authority.
"...As you wish, your highness."
She stepped towards the bandit, raising her axe high. It flashed downwards, and... severed his bonds cleanly. She gave him a sharp look
"Her Highness has given you a second chance. I'd suggest you make the most of it - go and learn an honest trade, and stay away from criminality. Next time the law has you, you'll not be so lucky - especially if it's me you meet again."

GM_3826

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 06, 2019, 05:28:25 pm »

Johannes nodded. He expected this.

"You are too kind, Sophia."

Of course, maybe that's not a bad thing. Johannes thought as he smiled. I just hope all that kindness does not go to waste on those that would abuse it...
Quote from: Albert Einstein
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Quote from: Albert Einstein, as well
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 44