Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The situation looks hopeless for our Viking hero. Should I just end the game the next turn?

Yes
- 1 (20%)
No
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 15, 2019, 01:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38

Author Topic: A Viking's Tale (SG)  (Read 51636 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Viking's Tale (SG)
« Reply #495 on: September 25, 2019, 08:19:24 pm »

Lets go back to the castle and rest and heal our injuries while we plan out our next raid.
+1
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 26, 2019, 01:31:28 pm »

"As the smoke gets diffused, your archers report a large army moving towards you. Sigurd, your loyal advisor and navigator, assumes that the large army moving towards the Norsemen is led by the king of Sardinia himself. In any case, a battle of tremendous proportions and importance is abound..."

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 27, 2019, 03:17:44 pm »

We need to quickly go back to the castle, rejoin our soldiers there, and get into position to fight the oncoming army, we also need to bar the main door of the castle so we can use the wall to our advantage.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 27, 2019, 04:12:06 pm »

We need to quickly go back to the castle, rejoin our soldiers there, and get into position to fight the oncoming army, we also need to bar the main door of the castle so we can use the wall to our advantage.
+1

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 27, 2019, 11:08:17 pm »

Alternatively, do we have time to just get in the boats and leave? Find somewhere else to raid?

Lost a LOT of guys there we are not ready to take an army, castle or no.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 28, 2019, 02:24:29 am »

Alternatively, do we have time to just get in the boats and leave? Find somewhere else to raid?

Lost a LOT of guys there we are not ready to take an army, castle or no.

If you don't remember, I wanted to end the game once the Sardinia's captured by Tod The Berserker. So yeah, I've put you up against the King of Sardinia himself, and now you'll either die or seize the throne for yourself. The game has gone for too long for my tastes, and I don't even enjoy GMing it at this point. I feel like the premise I've had is cool, but the execution's lacking, but since I've gained some experience as to how GM suggestion games, and not just RTDs, the game wasn't in complete vain.

Oh, and no retreating without heavy losses (both troops and your Viking's honor) is possible, since they're surrounding you from all sides. Even if you did retreat successfully, I would still end the game, with your men considering you an utter wimp and yeeting you off in the sea.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 28, 2019, 04:20:20 am »

Our last stand will be a fitting end. Sorry about having it go on for too long, I think our final battle at the castle will be a fitting end no matter if we take the throne or die Try ng

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 28, 2019, 01:52:32 pm »

"(3+1 for high ground/walls vs 1) The battle has been commenced! The Sardinians are trying to come close with their battering rams, and while the archers are spread pretty thin across the town's walls, they manage to burn two of the rams down. The axe throwers have also killed a small part of the Sardinian army."

There are six battering rams and twenty siege ladders remaining. Battering rams will reach the walls/gates in a turn; the ladders - in two turns.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 28, 2019, 02:07:05 pm »

Focus Attack on the Battering rams

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 28, 2019, 10:40:04 pm »

Are they guarding the secret entrance?

Maybe we can lead a raiding group out during the assault to kill the king in the back lines, or during the night.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 29, 2019, 01:28:41 am »

Are they guarding the secret entrance?

Maybe we can lead a raiding group out during the assault to kill the king in the back lines, or during the night.

Sorry, I haven't made this clear: not only you can't retreat from the island, but you can't go out and rush to the castle, either. You're stuck inside the now-decimated town, and the only non-destroyed part of it are the walls. Everything else is half-burned buildings and blackened boards minced in ashes.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 29, 2019, 05:01:47 am »

Oh damn we might me fucked.

And use whatever signal method we have to get our guys from the castle to come to our aid.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 29, 2019, 05:06:14 am »

Oh damn we might me fucked.

And use whatever signal method we have to get our guys from the castle to come to our aid.
+1

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 30, 2019, 10:12:42 am »

"(5 vs 3) One of the battering rams gets severely damaged, and the other one gets burned and destroyed. However, four remaining battering rams, operating in two pairs, have reached the gates. (6 vs 3)(4 vs 4) the first pair has managed to almost destroy an eastern wall, while the other pair coming directly from the north has damaged the gates, but also broke its steel ramming head in the process."

"Sigurd wrote a quick letter and gave it to his pet eagle, who in turn went flying to the captured castle."

The rams are here! 5 rams remaining, one's being repaired. There are twenty siege ladders, and they'll reach the walls in a turn. The reinforcements from the castle will arrive in three turns.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 30, 2019, 10:37:07 am »

Have the artchers continue to fire at the rams, while the some of our men get ready to take out the people using ladders and the rest get ready to attack any that get through the walls
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38