Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The situation looks hopeless for our Viking hero. Should I just end the game the next turn?

Yes
- 1 (20%)
No
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 15, 2019, 01:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38

Author Topic: A Viking's Tale (SG)  (Read 51734 times)

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Viking's Tale (SG)
« Reply #450 on: August 26, 2019, 02:41:45 pm »

Hmmmm, it's seems we are running low on some units...

Okay, so here is my plan.

The archers shall attack the Sardinians from the captured zones. Using that distraction, the heavy axemen and the axe throwers shall crash against the soldiers, who will be disorganized by the arrows.

Meanwhile have the atgeir wielders defense our entrances (and maybe help the first wave if things go south.) We shall keep the infantry and housecarls in the captured zones, and loot the armoury for anything useful.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 06:42:30 pm by Kakaluncha »
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 26, 2019, 03:36:00 pm »

The archers shall attack the Sardinians from the captured zones. Using that distraction, the heavy axemen and the axe throwers shall crash against the soldiers, who will be disorganized by the arrows.

Meanwhile have the atgeir wielders defense our entrances (and maybe help the first wave if things go south.) We shall keep the infantry and housecarls in the captured zones, and loot the armoury for anything useful.
+1 shouldn’t the first part be bolted too?

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 26, 2019, 06:45:27 pm »

+1 shouldn’t the first part be bolted too?

Fixed
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 26, 2019, 06:48:33 pm »

+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 27, 2019, 06:49:31 am »

+1

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 29, 2019, 01:03:31 pm »

((OOC: The reason for the schedule slip this time's plainly forgetting about the game, + slightly depressive and shitty mood.))

"(6 vs 3)(3 vs 2-2, demoralized) The Norse archers have took a high vantage by climbing the inner yard walls and shooting at the Sardinians in the outer yard. The archers have managed to inflict a lot of damage to the Sardinian levy, and then the melee troops of the Norsemen pour into outer yard and mercilessly slaughter the remaining Sardinians."

"(4)(6) The battle is over, and so the Vikings plunder the castle for some food and count Garibaldi's personal wealth stash. After that, they open the armory and find (1) that the building has some crossbow traps in it, and (2) a few of the troops get hit in the vital areas and die. The armory itself doesn't even have any weapons in it, probably meaning that every weapon was took by the now-dead garrison."

Looting time! +60 food, +155 gold. You've literally slaughtered everyone, so you don't get to have any prisoners. -2 axe throwers, -1 heavy axeman.

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 30, 2019, 04:28:41 am »

There's bound to be a map of the area in the castle that we can use to plot our next pillaging, after we look at a map we should go loot a small village and take some prisoners.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 30, 2019, 05:31:56 am »

There's bound to be a map of the area in the castle that we can use to plot our next pillaging, after we look at a map we should go loot a small village and take some prisoners.

+! we need to recover right now, and think what are we going to do next

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 30, 2019, 08:39:20 am »

+1

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 30, 2019, 06:49:01 pm »

+1
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 31, 2019, 12:44:02 pm »

"(4) You find a map of the Sardinia in the count's keep, and while you already have a map of Sardinia, you've decided that it's not a bad thing to have a supplementary one. The Vikings then proceed to heal their wounds at the keep before going any further raids."

It's afternoon. The troops have recovered from their wounds.

Update/Small note: I've forgotten that you have gave away the 310 prisoners back in Denmark, so you actually have 55 prisoners now.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 01:45:44 pm by CABL »

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 01, 2019, 03:15:44 am »

Lets use the map to find a small village to loot.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 01, 2019, 05:46:42 am »

Lets use the map to find a small village to loot.
+1

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 02, 2019, 01:52:02 pm »

"(2)(6 vs 3) The Vikings venture off the castle and towards a small village. Turns out, there's a sizable Sardinian patrol coming through it, so the Norsemen engage them in combat and quickly shatter them. (2)(2)(4+1 for patrol prisoners) The Norsemen then proceed to loot and burn the village, seizing small amount of valuables and food, and also capturing almost every villager and patrol member who didn't resist or flee."

+10 food and gold, +30 prisoners.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 02, 2019, 08:16:43 pm »

How about leave a small garrison at the castle and find a larger city to raid?

Need more food and we still have room for a lot more prisoners.

We can always retreat back to the castle and then the ships if a large force appears, and even a small amount of troops should be able to hold the castle for a while.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38