Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The situation looks hopeless for our Viking hero. Should I just end the game the next turn?

Yes
- 1 (20%)
No
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 15, 2019, 01:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38

Author Topic: A Viking's Tale (SG)  (Read 51715 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Viking's Tale (SG)
« Reply #435 on: August 18, 2019, 11:58:59 am »

Bring the army through the secret passages

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 19, 2019, 01:20:48 am »

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 19, 2019, 10:03:27 am »

+1
+1 But send some men to use ladders as well.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 20, 2019, 05:48:50 am »

Because I'm a bad, lazy GM, I should've clarified this earlier, but eh, better late than never: I'll type down the advantages and disadvantages of each method.

Ladders:
Pros: Allows somewhat less narrow entrance into the castle, preventing enemies surrounding your troops and killing them with ease.
Cons: Will take some time to make and prepare, and by that time the Sardinians will go back to the walls and find some high-ranking lowborn soldier to command the defenses; There'll be archers on high positions, enough said.

Secret entrance:
Pros: Can be done immediately, giving Sardinians far less time to prepare and find a new commander.
Cons: The ladder leading into inner yard's small, and the enemies can encircle you around the well, killing a lot of your troops.

With that in mind, you can either reconsider your choices until this evening (Yekaterinburg time, UTC+5) or leave your choice as it is.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 20, 2019, 06:58:46 am »

I say we send some guys to try to assault the front while the rest of the of us come up through the secret entrance, so we can catch them off guard.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 20, 2019, 08:25:49 am »

I say we send some guys to try to assault the front while the rest of the of us come up through the secret entrance, so we can catch them off guard.
Yes
+1

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 20, 2019, 01:46:43 pm »

Sorry, folks, but it's almost midnight here, and I'm having a shower and a bed time soon, so I'll have to delay the update yet again. Was busy watching a streamer all this time, and I forgot about the game.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 20, 2019, 02:08:31 pm »

It’s fine

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 21, 2019, 01:57:58 pm »

"(1 vs 5-2 for being demoralized and disorganized)(1 vs 4) Tod splits his army up and goes through the secret passage, while Sigurd takes the command of the ladder assault. Both go unfortunate, as the Sardinians just kept killing the climbing Vikings, while the ladder assault force took heavy casualties from the Sardinian archers' fire."

-15 atgeir wielders, -6 housecarls, -28 heavy axemen, -20 axe throwers, - 15 archers.

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 22, 2019, 05:43:35 am »

Keep pushing, we'll get through.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 24, 2019, 02:00:08 pm »

"(4 vs 2-2)(2 vs 5) The Norsemen finally push through the secret passage, slaughtering Sardinian swordsmen and spearmen in the inner yard. Meanwhile, the ladder assault force under Sigurd's command are closing near the castle's walls, but the archers inflict serious casualties yet again."

-9 atgeir wielders, -12 heavy axemen, -15 axe throwers, -15 archers.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 25, 2019, 05:16:47 am »

Lets move the capture inner yard and the armoury and get the guys that are currently attacking the walls to fake a retreat and join us by coming through the secret passage.

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 25, 2019, 07:06:07 am »

Lets move the capture inner yard and the armoury and get the guys that are currently attacking the walls to fake a retreat and join us by coming through the secret passage.

+1
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 25, 2019, 10:42:27 am »

+1
+1

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 26, 2019, 01:50:58 pm »

"(3 vs 6-1) Sigurd suddenly has decided to drop the ladders and retreat; the men are confused, but still follow the orders. The ladder assault force retreats quickly enough, but they still lose some troops from the archers' fire. The forces join together, and now Tod can command his complete army."

"Meanwhile, it seems that the Sardinian troops on the wall have realized that the Norsemen got inside through the secret passage, and so they're awaiting them to pour into the outer yard."

-8 heavy axemen, -10 axe throwers, -10 archers. The inner yard's captured.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38