Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The situation looks hopeless for our Viking hero. Should I just end the game the next turn?

Yes
- 1 (20%)
No
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 15, 2019, 01:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 38

Author Topic: A Viking's Tale (SG)  (Read 51732 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: A Viking's Tale (SG)
« Reply #420 on: August 09, 2019, 01:42:16 pm »

"(2 vs 5-1)(1 vs 2) Tod attempts to knock out count Garibaldi, but he snaps out of the stun and parries Tod's blow. Meanwhile, the Norsemen keep losing the fight, even if the Sardinians aren't trying their fiercest to finish them off."

-2 heavy axemen, you have 24 housecarls and 25 heavy axemen right now. 4 turns until the morning.

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 10, 2019, 03:14:05 am »

Keep trying to knock out the count, and have our guys push to kill all the Sardinians in the inner yard so we can block the doors to the outer one.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 10, 2019, 08:15:42 am »

Keep trying to knock out the count, and have our guys push to kill all the Sardinians in the inner yard so we can block the doors to the outer one.
+1

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 11, 2019, 12:34:01 pm »

"(2 vs 3)(2 vs 4) Tod and Garibaldi clash their weapons together in a duel. Feeling that he's gonna get overwhelmed by the Norseman, the Sardinian noble pulls a dirty trick by kicking Tod in the knee, causing him to stumble. Meanwhile, the Sardinians get inspired and massacre multiple Northmen."

"In the sky, the moon's setting. Tod feels that he made a grave mistake resorting to subterfuge instead of plain assault."

-2 housecarls, -6 heavy axemen. You have 22 housecarls and 19 heavy axemen with you. 3 turns until the morning.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 12, 2019, 07:13:16 am »

Lets also play dirty by slinging dirt into the counts eyes, then knock him out.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 13, 2019, 01:30:23 pm »

"(1 vs 3)(2 vs 6) Tod tried to sling dirt into Garibaldi's eyes, but the Sardinian bashed him in the head, causing the Norsemen leader to get stunned. Seeing this, the Sardinians are continuing their massacre of the remaining Norse troops with even greater effort."

"The sky is slowly turning from dark blue to light blue, signifying that the sun shall rise soon."

-6 housecarls, -12 heavy axemen. You're stunned (-1 to all personal actions), you have 16 housecarls and 7 heavy axemen remaining. 2 turns remain until the morning.

((OOC: The situation looks pretty hopeless for Tod. I'll go ahead and make a poll, regarding if I should just end the game next turn, describing your demise.))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 14, 2019, 06:27:42 am »

Screw it lets just kill this damn count, then if we have a way to call our guys we should call them now (Probably should have done that earlier.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 14, 2019, 06:42:24 am »

Screw it lets just kill this damn count, then if we have a way to call our guys we should call them now (Probably should have done that earlier.)
+1

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 14, 2019, 03:59:56 pm »

+1
"Oddin!"
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 15, 2019, 01:24:22 pm »

The update will be delayed until tomorrow.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 16, 2019, 12:18:23 pm »

"(3-1 for being stunned vs 2)(5-1 for underwhelming numbers vs 2) Count Garibaldi lunges forwards with his sword raised, ready to finish off Tod; however, the stunned Viking leader has managed to parry the lunge, surviving the inevitable for now. Meanwhile, the Norsemen get cornered by the Sardinians, meaning that they'll fight until the last man standing. The Norsemen do their fiercest and push away the Sardinian forces with minimal losses."

"It is dawn right now; the sky's orange from the peaking sun, and the garrison on the walls is wondering where is the incoming Viking onslaught... It looks like the defeat is inevitable for the Norsemen."

-1 housecarl, -1 heavy axemen. You have 15 housecarls and 6 heavy axemen with you. One turn until the morning.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 02:44:03 am by CABL »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 16, 2019, 02:24:16 pm »

Where are our archers!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 17, 2019, 02:33:08 am »

Quickly Kill the count we need to hurt the Sardinians moral, also I hope the rest our guys were told to show up at dawn because we might be screwed if they don't show up soon.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 17, 2019, 02:48:30 am »

Where are our archers!

Sorry, was sleepy while writing the post. *ahem* You don't have any archers with you, since you've decided to go on a sneaky mission and capture the castle from the inside with some of your forces disguised as Sardinian peasantry.

But don't worry, Sigurd will react to you being absent on the mission for too long and will assault the Sardinian castle during the morning. Just pray to RNGesus that Tod will be imprisoned, and not horribly killed.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 18, 2019, 11:37:05 am »

"(5+1 for housecarls helping Tod vs 3) Regaining balance, Tod swings his axe and hits count Garibaldi in the right shoulder, making him drop his sword. A couple of housecarls decide to help their leader and finish off the Sardinian count, decapitating him. The Sardinian troops in the inner yard panic and let Tod go, as he takes the required seal to flush the water away from the well and use it as a secret passage entrance. As he exits the secret underground passage, he's struck by the sunlight as the sun in its zenith. The rest of Tod's army comes up near the secret passage, ready to assault the castle..."

It is morning. You can either do an old-fashioned ladder assault, or you can just use secret passage to immediately get inside the castle. Both methods have their advantages and weaknesses. You've reconciled with the rest of your army.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 38