Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The situation looks hopeless for our Viking hero. Should I just end the game the next turn?

Yes
- 1 (20%)
No
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 15, 2019, 01:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38

Author Topic: A Viking's Tale (SG)  (Read 51496 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: A Viking's Tale (SG)
« Reply #300 on: June 11, 2019, 12:24:10 pm »

((The walls are almost 5 meters tall, and yes, there are staircases leading atop the wall.))

"(1 vs 2) Tod and his housecarls hurry it up and make no efforts to hide themselves from the guards. (4 vs 4) a small squad of guards with longswords have proven to be challenging enough for the Norsemen, taking one of them down. The Norsemen win the skirmish, eventually, but it took a while for the guards on the walls to make their move towards the gates."

-1 one housecarl, 2 turns left before the gates are closed. You've seven housecarls with you rn.

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 11, 2019, 01:13:17 pm »

Hide in the town and kill anyone who finds our position. Fill a cart with random materials with one person hidden under them and hope the cart is let through. If this first attempt is successful, repeat with the other carts.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 11, 2019, 05:32:47 pm »

Right we climb the walls and make a rope from our belts and cloaks.
Failing that we fall back to a strong building, ideally the church and barricade our self's in side with hostages and wait for the rest of our army to arrive.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 12, 2019, 03:44:26 am »

Right we climb the walls and make a rope from our belts and cloaks.
Failing that we fall back to a strong building, ideally the church and barricade our self's in side with hostages and wait for the rest of our army to arrive.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 13, 2019, 01:42:07 pm »

"(3) Tod and his housecarls make a makeshift rope from their belts and cloaks, but it proves itself to quite fragile, as Tod's the only one who has managed to climb onto the wall before the rope broke. The housecarls look upwards, focusing on their leader, waiting further orders. Meanwhile, the town guard has almost reached the gate lever."

1 turn left before the gates are closed. Talking will be considered free action, so housecarls' next move will still chronologically happen on this turn.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 14, 2019, 08:22:22 am »

Tell the housecarls to get to the nearest place to get on top of the wall, while we fight any guards on top with us.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 14, 2019, 10:32:47 am »

Tell the housecarls to get to the nearest place to get on top of the wall, while we fight any guards on top with us.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 15, 2019, 01:08:32 pm »

"(3 vs 3) The housecarls obey and immediately rush towards the nearby staircase, but the archers attempt to pin them down. The housecarls have mostly blocked the majority of arrows, but one of them gets an arrow deep into stomach and drops unconscious.

Slowly dragging the fallen comrade, housecarls reunite with their leader and are ready for a final push to stop the enemy from closing the gates. (4 vs 6) The Sardinians use their spears and wooden tower shields to defend themselves successfully from the Norsemen, managing to take out another housecarl, this time sending him to Valhalla."

You're at the lever room, and you're currently busy fighting the spearmen off. You hear a distant running of the town guard, which will close in and surround you in 2 turns. -1 housecarl.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 16, 2019, 08:40:03 am »

If we have a signal that can be used to summon the rest of our guys we should use it now, but no matter what we should keep fighting and get out the gate.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 16, 2019, 09:56:11 am »

If we have a signal that can be used to summon the rest of our guys we should use it now, but no matter what we should keep fighting and get out the gate.
+1

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 17, 2019, 01:07:08 pm »

"You tell one of the housecarls to send a hawk to Sigurd, back to your fleet, then (6 vs 2) you combine your efforts and parry the spearmen, leaving them open for decapitation strikes. With a several amount of them being dead, the Sardinian spearmen step back, letting a couple of your housecarls to work on the lever, while the rest of them keeps the spearmen on their foes with the constant barrage of axe strikes."

The gates are opened, the fleet will arrive in 4 turns, 1 turn until the rest of the town guard catches up with you.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 17, 2019, 01:28:07 pm »

run through the gate

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 17, 2019, 05:13:42 pm »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 17, 2019, 05:22:15 pm »

run through the gate
+1

+1

But take your axe to the Gate Lever first. If we cut the lever off, the locals may not be able to close the gate and stop us from marching back in with our full contingent of raiders in four turns.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 18, 2019, 04:11:02 am »

run through the gate
+1

+1

But take your axe to the Gate Lever first. If we cut the lever off, the locals may not be able to close the gate and stop us from marching back in with our full contingent of raiders in four turns.
+1
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38