Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The situation looks hopeless for our Viking hero. Should I just end the game the next turn?

Yes
- 1 (20%)
No
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 15, 2019, 01:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38

Author Topic: A Viking's Tale (SG)  (Read 51490 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: A Viking's Tale (SG)
« Reply #285 on: June 02, 2019, 01:09:57 pm »

Accept mission.

Visit the nearest Corsican town peacefully, with only a few Housecarls as guards.

Bring some of the gold. Set up shop in a tavern/brothel, and encourage/pay the locals to help us plan and execute a Trojan horse type attack against a walled Sardinian settlement. Us and our Housecarls will hide in wagons, and some local posing as a Lombard merchant will get us into a city or castle. Once night falls, we will pop out of the wagons, kill any guards, seize as many nobles as we can, and carry off as much loot as we can fit in the wagons.

To carry this out, we will need the locals to provide:
-Wagons
-Actors (or actual merchants willing to play along with our scheme for some coin)
-Advice on ideal targets to hit)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 02, 2019, 01:13:53 pm »

Accept mission.

Visit the nearest Corsican town peacefully, with only a few Housecarls as guards.

Bring some of the gold. Set up shop in a tavern/brothel, and encourage/pay the locals to help us plan and execute a Trojan horse type attack against a walled Sardinian settlement. Us and our Housecarls will hide in wagons, and some local posing as a Lombard merchant will get us into a city or castle. Once night falls, we will pop out of the wagons, kill any guards, seize as many nobles as we can, and carry off as much loot as we can fit in the wagons.

-Wagons
-Actors (or actual merchants willing to play along with our scheme for some coin)

+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 02, 2019, 01:35:22 pm »

Accept mission.

-Wagons

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 02, 2019, 08:27:26 pm »

Accept mission.

-Wagons

+1
+1
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
  • Surviving the cyberpocalypse of 2004, the future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 04, 2019, 12:10:44 pm »

Accept mission.

-Wagons

+1
+1
+1
+1

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 04, 2019, 12:54:40 pm »

"(4)(1) Tod and eight of his housecarl guards sneak into a Sardinian town, establishing a shop within previously abandoned building. The citizens have built a wagon, but unfortunately, it breaks down once Tod and his housecarl hop inside, leaving them (2) slightly wounded."

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 04, 2019, 03:00:59 pm »

Vote changed see below
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 07:36:01 am by Naturegirl1999 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 05, 2019, 06:18:03 am »

Wait for the people to fix the cart then go with the plan.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 05, 2019, 07:35:34 am »

Wait for the people to fix the cart then go with the plan.
+1

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 06, 2019, 03:48:48 pm »

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 07, 2019, 06:16:41 am »

Sorry, folks, but the update's delayed until the forums load fast enough. Hopefully you'll understand.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 09, 2019, 12:57:38 pm »

((The forums still load fairly slow at times, but it is better, and so I'm finally updating the game! Yay!))

"(3+1)(4) The Gods suddenly smile upon Tod, and the townsfolk fixes your Trojan wagon and find a reasonably wealthy man to post as a trader. (2) However, looks like the Gods have turned their gaze away from Tod, as the Sardinian town guards issued a demand to the imposter trader to check inside of the wagon. It could've gone smoothly, if not for the one of your housecarls to sneeze at the worst moment possible...

(4 vs 4) You act quickly and slaughter the guards, but some of them have survived and alerted the rest of the town guard. You see one of them running towards the gate tower to lower the gates."

You have 3 turns to escape the town before the gates are closed, and the town guard's moving on to surround you! You'll be contest rolling next turn, regarding navigational skills.

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 09, 2019, 02:02:15 pm »

Make a beeline for the gate before it closes

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 09, 2019, 06:09:57 pm »

+1 we all rush for the gates.
how high are the walls? are there towers or walk ways that we could jump or lower other selfies down from?   

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 10, 2019, 03:45:22 am »

+1 we all rush for the gates.
how high are the walls? are there towers or walk ways that we could jump or lower other selfies down from?   
+1
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38