Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The situation looks hopeless for our Viking hero. Should I just end the game the next turn?

Yes
- 1 (20%)
No
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 15, 2019, 01:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38

Author Topic: A Viking's Tale (SG)  (Read 51520 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Viking's Tale (SG)
« Reply #255 on: May 14, 2019, 08:58:06 pm »

Inquire as to if anybody in our posse can speak the local language. Vikings tend to be pretty well traveled, so we could get lucky. Diplomacy is the right play here. Nomadic Horsemen likely have little of value for us to take. Perhaps we can talk them into a joint raid against the Byzantine borderlands.

Otherwise, stay in formation and retreat back to the boats, only engaging if they charge us. Can we sail through to the Mediterranean? If so, Sardinia might be a good target.
+1

+1 to Sardinia! and then tru The Pillars of Hercules and up to Ireland!
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 14, 2019, 10:58:15 pm »

+1 to Sardinia! and then tru The Pillars of Hercules and up to Ireland!

By the time we are done with Sardinia we will need to go home, either to offload our loot, or lick our wounds.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 15, 2019, 12:40:04 pm »

"(6) One of the Norse warriors speaks up about his fluency in Bolghar and Khazar languages, but he just noticed that he lowered his shield, and an arrow flies in his direction. (4) It goes above his head, so he gets to live on this sinful world. (6) He parlays with the steppe marauders, and the leader of them answers that he'll be happy if the Vikings lay down their weapons and submit into slavery."

"(3 vs 4)(2 VS 2) After exchanging fire with each other, the steppe marauders kill the diplomat/negotiator, but the others have survived. The Norse archers have almost hit them, but narrowly missed. (2) The Norsemen have decided to retreat back onto the boats, but the movement is very slow, due to the fact that the steppe bandits are circling around the Norsemen and shoot arrows constantly."

-1 heavy axeman, still night.

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 15, 2019, 07:39:34 pm »

A curse on the cowards men so weak they fight like cripples!
(keep going with the boats).
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 16, 2019, 06:59:19 am »

A curse on the cowards men so weak they fight like cripples!
(keep going with the boats).
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 18, 2019, 01:15:29 pm »

((Got caught up in a lot of stuff yesterday, but then again, better late than never.))

"(5 vs 3)(4 vs 2) The shieldwall holds very well against the steppe marauders, and the Norse archers have finally hit a few of them, making them drop dead out of the saddles. (6) The Vikings push forward towards the longships, but get tired, thus weakening the shieldwall. (5 VS 6-1) The shieldwall barely, but miraculously deflects the incoming arrows."

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 19, 2019, 09:50:37 am »

Keep heading towards the boats and keep taking potshots at the marauders when able.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 19, 2019, 05:23:44 pm »

Take to the sea!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 20, 2019, 12:51:25 pm »

"(2 vs 5) Upon reaching the boats, the Norsemen feel safe and carelessly lower the shieldwall; the arrow fire of the steppe marauders kills a lot of Tod's men, but at least they take onto the boats and off into the Black Sea. They're currently planning to raid Sardinia & Corsica, but Sigurd's afraid that the fleet might waste all of the food while voyaging."

-6 heavy axemen, -10 skirmishers, -8 archers. Need a confirmation before heading off to Sardinia & Corsica. Perhaps you would like to raid Eastern Tunis instead?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 21, 2019, 08:04:48 am »

I say we stay the course and keep going to Sardinia, we can stop and hunt for food when it gets low.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 21, 2019, 11:39:04 am »

I say we stay the course and keep going to Sardinia, we can stop and hunt for food when it gets low.
+1

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 23, 2019, 07:00:57 am »

((Sorry for yet another schedule slip: got bloated with rolls and pizza yesterday, so I had no brain power.))

"You sail off to Sardinia & Corsica, the two small but independent from each other Lombard duchies. (6 VS 5)(3+1 for Sardinia's abundant sheep population) Immediately upon landing, Tod and his men stole numerous sheep, sometimes at the swordpoint. Properly salted, mutton will last for a long time."

-120 food (sea travel), +48 food (raided).
Also, I've just realized that I've subtracted the current money from the upkeep cost. Sorry for that.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 23, 2019, 07:19:47 am »

Lets start looting the place.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 23, 2019, 01:35:31 pm »

Lets start looting the place.
+1 but be quick.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 23, 2019, 01:55:06 pm »

Lets find some villages/hamlets and round up some captives.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38