Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The situation looks hopeless for our Viking hero. Should I just end the game the next turn?

Yes
- 1 (20%)
No
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 15, 2019, 01:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38

Author Topic: A Viking's Tale (SG)  (Read 51569 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Viking's Tale (SG)
« Reply #240 on: April 30, 2019, 07:00:21 am »

Keep the atgeir wielders ready in case they charge again, and have the archers fire on the cataphracts.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 03, 2019, 03:48:01 am »

Sorry for the delay in the updates, but my chest got bruised a day ago, and so I'll delay it until I fully recover.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 07, 2019, 01:30:00 pm »

((Uh-oh, yet another schedule slip! Better late than never, I guess.))

"The atgeir wielders keep their weapons protruded, but it seems that the cataphracts are retreating for good, even if they probably will be back once the infantry arrives. Your navigator/advisor, Sigurd, suggests going back to the boats and away from Byzantine Empire's de-jure territory, camping somewhere in The Steppes."

The reinforcements will arrive in 3 turns.

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 07, 2019, 02:59:06 pm »

Will it be Day or Night in three turns?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 08, 2019, 03:53:05 am »

I say we fall back to the boats and go to the steppes.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 08, 2019, 11:53:28 am »

I say we fall back to the boats and go to the steppes.
+1
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 08, 2019, 02:12:57 pm »

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 09, 2019, 12:00:29 pm »

Will it be Day or Night in three turns?

It'll be Sunset for two next turns, then finally Evening and Night.

------------------------------------
"Listening to the advice, Tod and his warband abandon the little wooden fort they've made in hurry and begin to load themselves onto the longships of theirs. They sail up north and there, in the Steppes, they've immediately began to make an outpost. (5) Luckily, there seems to be no Khazar scouts or other steppe dwellers around."

You're currently in the process of establishing an outpost, and it's currently night.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 12:43:49 pm by CABL »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 10, 2019, 09:16:24 am »

Lets build a small wall around our camp, set up some guards then go to sleep for the night.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 11, 2019, 12:18:25 pm »

"(6) The Norsemen have decided to create one single big fire pit instead of multiple but smaller ones. It doesn't go well, and the fire pit burns a little bit too bright and big, (3) burning a few unlucky ones who stood near it. (2) A distant horse neigh's heard, then it sounds like it has ran away. Perhaps the steppe brigands will have a good prey today."

-1 heavy axemen, -1 skirmisher. The sleep has been cancelled till the threat of the steppe bandits is dealt with.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 11, 2019, 02:28:06 pm »

Form squares and shoot at any that attack us.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 12, 2019, 02:58:46 am »

Form squares and shoot at any that attack us.
+1

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 13, 2019, 11:27:39 am »

"As the Norsemen form a square, a group of steppe marauders appear from the northeast. (1 VS 6) Norse archers have no luck shooting at the constantly moving horse archers, (5 VS 5) and the enemy retaliates with a bow fire of its own, but the shieldwall of heavy axemen negated the arrows. The steppe raiders keep making circles around the Vikings."

It's still night, no casualties.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 13, 2019, 04:51:10 pm »

Inquire as to if anybody in our posse can speak the local language. Vikings tend to be pretty well traveled, so we could get lucky. Diplomacy is the right play here. Nomadic Horsemen likely have little of value for us to take. Perhaps we can talk them into a joint raid against the Byzantine borderlands.

Otherwise, stay in formation and retreat back to the boats, only engaging if they charge us. Can we sail through to the Mediterranean? If so, Sardinia might be a good target.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 02:49:58 am by Weirdsound »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 14, 2019, 04:31:09 am »

Inquire as to if anybody in our posse can speak the local language. Vikings tend to be pretty well traveled, so we could get lucky. Diplomacy is the right play here. Nomadic Horsemen likely have little of value for us to take. Perhaps we can talk them into a joint raid against the Byzantine borderlands.

Otherwise, stay in formation and retreat back to the boats, only engaging if they charge us. Can we sail through to the Mediterranean? If so, Sardinia might be a good target.
+1
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38