Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The situation looks hopeless for our Viking hero. Should I just end the game the next turn?

Yes
- 1 (20%)
No
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 15, 2019, 01:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38

Author Topic: A Viking's Tale (SG)  (Read 51595 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: A Viking's Tale (SG)
« Reply #195 on: April 02, 2019, 03:07:58 pm »

Lets stock up on food.

I'm inclined to skip on the mercenaries for now and save some money; We can use it to either buy exotic mercenaries, or erect defenses if we ever decide to conqueror and hold some land of our own.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 02, 2019, 03:42:51 pm »

Lets stock up on food.

I'm inclined to skip on the mercenaries for now and save some money; We can use it to either buy exotic mercenaries, or erect defenses if we ever decide to conqueror and hold some land of our own.
+1
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 02, 2019, 08:12:54 pm »

Lets stock up on food.

+1
+1
lets see the list of exotic mercenaries, what kind of warriors are on the market?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 03, 2019, 02:41:39 am »

Lets stock up on food.

+1
+1
lets see the list of exotic mercenaries, what kind of warriors are on the market?
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 04, 2019, 12:50:04 pm »

"Tod agrees with his advisor and navigator Sigurd, hence they end up buying food in large quantities. Before going back onboard, Tod takes a quick look at the local mercenary camp. (2) There's nothing particularly exotic or very foreign about the mercenaries available there: The camp includes some German Faithful, a veteran group of greataxe wielding, chain mail wearing warriors who have fought in numerous wars against Christian Catholic invaders. The Germany still lost a lot of its land over the years, but these guys have survived, and they're always happy to kill Christian scum, as long as they get paid."

-231 gold, +36 food.

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 12:54:15 pm by CABL »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 05, 2019, 01:02:52 pm »

Hire the germans.
(There Elite Infantry right?)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 05, 2019, 01:12:05 pm »

Hire the germans.
(There Elite Infantry right?)
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 07, 2019, 01:03:01 pm »

"(5)The leader of the German Faithful find you familiar as that 'Warlord who has fought in Polish civil war', and so he makes a discount, a quarter of the price off."

-292.5 ducats, +30 elite infantry

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 09, 2019, 01:57:22 pm »

BUMP! Need some posts, then I'll update tomorrow.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 09, 2019, 08:27:15 pm »

We head south to the Byzantine lands, set up a base on one of the isles and do some piracy and raiding.
By setting up a base we should be able to build up quite a wealth pool before we need to head home wards.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 10, 2019, 12:24:15 am »

We head south to the Byzantine lands, set up a base on one of the isles and do some piracy and raiding.
By setting up a base we should be able to build up quite a wealth pool before we need to head home wards.
+1
Sounds risky, but We are probably going to have competition and diminishing returns up north. So why not, go big or go home.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 10, 2019, 02:39:16 pm »

"Tod and his warriors sail off towards the Byzantine Empire; Crimea, to be exact. The Vikings take a short route by going down the Daugava river, then try to haul the longships by land into Dnieper. (5) It has been done surprisingly quickly and painlessly, with the Vikings going down the Dnieper, finally entering the Black Sea. (6) The Norsemen are trying to make a base not too far away from the border of the Cherson enclave, but Byzantine scouts have noticed them and are sending in the troops. (5) Luckily enough, the first strike force is small and is completely made of infantry."

-48 food for 4 day travel. Currently, it is afternoon. Prepare to fight!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 10, 2019, 04:12:11 pm »

I'm assuming we are trying to build our base in a defensible position, so we should be in a good spot. Let us hold our ground, pelt the foe with ranged attacks, and make them come to us.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 10, 2019, 04:48:48 pm »

I'm assuming we are trying to build our base in a defensible position, so we should be in a good spot. Let us hold our ground, pelt the foe with ranged attacks, and make them come to us.
+1
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 10, 2019, 05:34:59 pm »

+1
+1 but if this turns bad we should get back on the boats.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38