Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The situation looks hopeless for our Viking hero. Should I just end the game the next turn?

Yes
- 1 (20%)
No
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 15, 2019, 01:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38

Author Topic: A Viking's Tale (SG)  (Read 51701 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Viking's Tale (SG)
« Reply #120 on: February 10, 2019, 12:04:39 pm »

Lets return home and get some new soldiers to replace the ones we lost, and to get rid of the prisoners.
+1

Tho costly that battle, it was worth it.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 10, 2019, 01:54:36 pm »

Lets return home and get some new soldiers to replace the ones we lost, and to get rid of the prisoners.
+1

Tho costly that battle, it was worth it.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2019, 01:51:23 pm »

"(4+1) Tod and his raider band has returned back to Scandinavia. The local priests are in sheer awe of how many prisoners you have, hence a small longship joins your fleet, along with the big amount of zealots. Before you go back onboard, a courier stops you: "Tod the Berserker? The king of Poland has sent you an offer." The courier gives you a letter and runs off. The letter says, "Tod the Berserker, I'm quite aware of You and Your merits as a warrior and a commander, and so I see You as a potential and very valuable employee. Sail off to my kingdom, and I shall explain my offer." Signed, Wieslaw I the Ironhand"

-45 food, +165 heavy axemen, +18 atgeir wielders, +54 archers.

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 13, 2019, 06:42:31 am »

Lets go to Poland and see what his offer is.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2019, 05:55:13 pm »

+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 14, 2019, 06:40:07 pm »

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2019, 07:03:41 am »

"Blessed by the priests, Tod the Berserker sails off to the kingdom of Poland, landing in the Prussia. Tod notices a bunch of leathery tents, protected by a palisade. The flag of the Polish Kingdom flies above the biggest tent, which makes Tod come to conclusion that it's where he can find the king Wieslaw. The Norsemen group comes closer, and the guards welcome Tod inside, albeit they won't let his troops inside.

Inside the main tent, Tod finds the King of Poland, Wieslaw I The Ironhand: a man with a "double hook" prosthesis instead of a left hand, long, straight mead hair, tall stature, brown eyes, and dressed in a chain mail while also wearing a crown atop his head. He speaks up about the deal, straight and blunt; "My Kingdom is ravaged by traitors led by a High Chief Przemyslaw of Lower Poland. The war isn't going well for me, but I'm ready to pay money to anyone who wills to work on me." Two servants of the king haul a wooden chest near you, then open it for a demonstration. Wieslaw continues with a soft-spoken manner, "Crush the rebellion and remain alive, and you'll get your reward; is that a suitable deal for you?" The servants then lock the chest as soon as the king asked Tod a question."

-24 food for sailing.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2019, 09:05:57 am »

I say we accept the deal, we might as well do it scene we were going to be looting and pillaging anyway and this way we get paid to do it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2019, 02:08:55 pm »

I say we accept the deal, we might as well do it scene we were going to be looting and pillaging anyway and this way we get paid to do it.
+1

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 17, 2019, 11:40:44 am »

"Tod accepts the offer and bows before the king in the gesture of mutual respect. Suddenly, the talk is interrupted by a guard running inside the main tent like a spooked deer: "My king, an army led by High Chief Przemyslaw's subordinate, Chief Wladyslaw Wielko, is approaching our camp!" King Wieslaw looks at the Tod, calmly saying, "Don't disappoint me," then he turns back to the guard and says, with equal calmness, "Warm all of my men, so they prepare for battle. Perun shall be the judge of who deserves victory this day."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2019, 07:44:09 am »

Have the archers fire upon them from the front, and every one else should split into two groups and try to flank the oncoming army from different sides.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 19, 2019, 06:36:33 am »

BUMP! Need another player.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 19, 2019, 10:01:44 am »

Have the archers fire upon them from the front, and every one else should split into two groups and try to flank the oncoming army from different sides.
+1

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2019, 11:56:27 am »

"(4 vs 1)(6 VS 5+1) The Viking/Loyalists archers rain down a piercing storm of arrows upon the incoming rebel rabble; the center flank, mostly consisting of Loyalists, holds well against the rush of the rebels, with the palisade helping to maintain a narrow entrance for the enemies. (6 VS 5) The flanking maneuver is successful, resulting in heavy casualties for the rebels after minutes of intense resistance. Chief Wladyslaw gives out a command to retreat and find a defensive position for themselves, (4 VS 2-1) but a couple of small squads of light cavalry chases the retreating rebels and kill several of them, downing their moral."

-6 axe throwers, -4 heavy axemen, -2 atgeir wielders.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2019, 02:19:40 pm »

Form up a large half/3/4 circle of Atgeir wielders around there position.
Losely intermixed with the skirmishers an archers.
Archers keep up there barrage, cavalry keep chase off any that attack us until we could in to skirmish range.
Heavy axemen, and housecarls stay back to counter any charges.

Then there trapped we can hammer them with skirmishers an archers, give them one chance to parlay
(give up now an you'l only be decimated in to slavey? Pay a revolt fine? what ever it's King Wieslaw call)
Before we shattering them with a heavy charge, an the cavalry can then chase them off into the hills.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38