Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The situation looks hopeless for our Viking hero. Should I just end the game the next turn?

Yes
- 1 (20%)
No
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 15, 2019, 01:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 38

Author Topic: A Viking's Tale (SG)  (Read 51610 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: A Viking's Tale (SG)
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2018, 12:04:04 pm »

"The ships exit the river and head for the Denmark. 3 days later, Tod and his men arrive at the coast, heading to the nearby sanctuary. There, Tod meets an old seer who goes by the name of Torald. "Greeting, young warrior! Did you find anything in your trip?" With Torald saying that, Tod immediately showcases him the amount of prisoners he captured. The old seer then says, (1+2 for the sheer amount of prisoners) "They're passable as offerings to The Gods. You shall be rewarded with a group of brave warriors."

Like the seer said, your donation is passable, so you don't get a lot: +15 atgeir wielders, +90 heavy axemen. Also, a week has passed, so you can either pay 309.80 ducats to your men, or pay them next week.

Tip of the day: If you keep delaying the payment, the troops can and will become rebellious.

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2018, 12:17:07 pm »

Just pay them, than go raiding again.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2018, 03:42:25 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2018, 01:13:10 pm »

Tod thanks the seer, to which he responds, "may Aegir keep you save in your faring!" Tod then returns back aboard a longship and pays to his men for honorable service. "My current suggestion is to sail towards the Brittany: They're richer, meaning we'll get more loot from the land, but the Bretons also have better trained army, so we gotta be careful. Otherwise, we can make another trip to the Duchy of York, but I wouldn't advise it: The Duke has probably heard of our exploits and demanded a tighter security." - Sigurd The Navigator explains and suggests potential raiding routes.

No tips for today, since I'm sleepy.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 02:39:02 am by CABL »

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2018, 04:11:39 am »

Lets go to Brittany this time.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2018, 01:45:57 pm »

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2018, 04:56:24 am »

The fleet sails out towards the Brittany for plunder. The traveling takes a while, but ultimately, the Vikings arrive safely and land at the eastern coast of the kingdom. (4) Tod The Berserker immediately sends out the scouts forward, and they find (4) a prosperous village nearby.

-50 food.

No tip for today, since I can't come up with one.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2018, 05:52:47 am »

Lets go loot and kill, at that village.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2018, 11:46:09 am »

Lets go loot and kill, at that village.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2018, 03:46:27 am »

"The vikings assault the village, (2) only to discover that the peasantry is quite willing to defend themselves. (6 VS 2-1) The resistance, however, has turned out to be extremely disorganized and pathetic. Pitchforks and clubs aren't a match for axes, swords, atgeirs, and arrows, (1) and so the peasantry quickly surrenders (6-2), yielding a sizeable amount of prisoners for the victorious vikings. The sons of Odin then proceed to plunder the village, (2) obtaining decent amount of food (6) and obscene amount of valuables. They then burn the village to the ground, making the prisoners watch the demise of their birthplace."

+30 food, +90 ducats.

Not-really-a-tip-but-an-explanation of the day: Since Brittany is a prosperous area, the gains are multiplied by 1.5!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2018, 10:19:10 am »

Scout out the next village conquer.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2018, 06:59:07 am »

BUMP! Need another player.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2018, 01:04:35 pm »

My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2018, 04:52:51 am »

"(3) The scouts spot a small trader caravan moving towards a local city, but no village. (4)(2) Once the scouts are back, they've reported that the caravan carries some valuables and small amount of food, and (1) the only one who guard the caravan are the caraveneer and (from the looks of it) his brothers."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2018, 10:01:30 am »

Lets go after that caravan.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 38