Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The situation looks hopeless for our Viking hero. Should I just end the game the next turn?

Yes
- 1 (20%)
No
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 15, 2019, 01:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38

Author Topic: A Viking's Tale (SG)  (Read 51592 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Viking's Tale (SG)
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2019, 06:13:34 am »

Have the archers fire at the enemies while the rest of the troops rush the footmen.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2019, 10:28:26 am »

BUMP! Need another player to go.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2019, 11:45:46 am »

Have the archers fire at the enemies while the rest of the troops rush the footmen.
+1
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2019, 01:11:39 pm »

"(1 VS 1) (1 VS 1) Tod commands the archers to shoot at the incoming swordsmen, but almost all of them block the barrage; hence the swordsmen reach the Norse axemen unharmed, charge into a fight against them. Neither of the sides is clearly winning at the moment, since the fight is strangely not that intense for a melee conflict. The Breton horsemen, meanwhile, retreat back into the town, with the iron gates quickly shut behind them."

-3 heavy axemen

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2019, 02:12:27 pm »

We are not going to get the town, tactical retreat towards the boats and camp about a days travel from the town. Keep the fires low and a rotating watch.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2019, 09:44:41 pm »

We are not going to get the town, tactical retreat towards the boats and camp about a days travel from the town. Keep the fires low and a rotating watch.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2019, 06:40:59 am »

"(3) (3 VS 5) (4 VS 3) The tactical retreat doesn't turn out good for the Vikings; one squad of heavy axemen had to split from the rest, so that the rest can retreat. Breton archers were trying to kill some of the retreating Norsemen, but they're too quick, resulting in the arrows spreading and getting stuck in the ground. Returning to the boats, Tod hears gossip among his troops about his potential cowardice, and how he seems to not care about the warriors under his banner."

-36 heavy axemen, the troops' morale is reduced.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2019, 06:53:44 am »

Lets try that again but this time we sneak back to town at dusk, and have the archers fire into the town, then have the axemen rush the guards when they come out the gates.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2019, 09:16:39 am »

Lets try that again but this time we sneak back to town at dusk, and have the archers fire into the town, then have the axemen rush the guards when they come out the gates.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2019, 08:55:54 am »

"(6) (3 VS 3) The Norsemen couldn't believe that they were retreating only to do a night attack later, but they obey their commander anyway. Norse archers launch a barrage of fire arrows that lits a lot of the houses, but the archers get spotted due to their fire arrows giving them out in the darkness. Breton archers counter-barrage Norse archers, killing some of them; Norse archers do the same, albeit far less successful, due to the walls blocking their arrows. You hear how the gates of the city open, (4-1 VS 3) and the axemen rush towards them, but the entrance in the city is blocked by Breton Shortsword Infantry. The fighting is low intensity, due to the fact that the Norsemen are still emotionally recovering from their previous defeat, but overall, no one's winning right now."

Tip of the day: You can restore morale by either pillaging or winning a battle.

-15 archers, -13 heavy axemen

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2019, 06:09:44 am »

Have the archers to continue to fire on the other archers while everyone else continues to go after the rest.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2019, 02:36:25 pm »

Have the archers to continue to fire on the other archers while everyone else continues to go after the rest.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2019, 03:16:13 am »

"(1 VS 5+1)  The Norse archers fail to hit anything, mostly because the enemy archers use town's wooden walls as a cover and high vantage position. The enemy archers then decide to return fire at your bodyguards and archers, and (6-1) luckily for you, your round shield can handle some arrows! (5-1 vs 1) Meanwhile, the axemen suddenly get angrier and furiously push over the Bretons, (5) and while they're holding rather well, their numbers have dwindled rather severely."

-2 heavy axemen, -1 bodyguard, -30 archers.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2019, 06:43:39 am »

Keep killing the Bretons.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2019, 09:29:46 pm »

Keep killing the Bretons.
+1
"Tyr glide our blades!"

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38