Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The situation looks hopeless for our Viking hero. Should I just end the game the next turn?

Yes
- 1 (20%)
No
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 15, 2019, 01:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38

Author Topic: A Viking's Tale (SG)  (Read 51628 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: A Viking's Tale (SG)
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2018, 10:33:50 am »

BUMP! Need another player for another turn, then I'll be on a New Year hiatus.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2018, 01:13:25 pm »

My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2018, 09:24:44 am »

"(3) The caravan master immediately surrenders, but his brother plainly and bluntly refuses to give in to the 'godless, accursed heathens from the backward North'. (5 VS 3) He kills two skirmishers and wounds one before his head is cleaved in half with a Viking axe. (6+1)(3-1) Tod's raiding party loots the wagons to find a plenty of goldware and silverware. They also loot some provision, then leave the looted caravan alone, with the caravaneer crying over the loss of his brother."

+105 ducats, +30 food.

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2018, 06:13:45 am »

Lets go the way they were headed, there's probably lots of loot to get from the town they were headed to.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2018, 10:18:43 pm »

Lets go the way they were headed, there's probably lots of loot to get from the town they were headed to.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2019, 06:03:40 am »

"(5) (1) The Viking raiding party arrives near a Breton town; It's a heavily defended town, with wooden walls and lots of guards and archers. The Vikings don't really have any ways to besiege the town, unless they send some spies inside the city to open the gates."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2019, 06:26:00 am »

Lets send a spy in and have them gather as much intel about the town as possible before we decide if we want to raid it or not.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2019, 12:12:39 pm »

"(3)(2) The man you've sent as a spy is met with suspicion by the town guard, mostly due to him carrying a bloodied axe. The guards still open the gates to him, but you don't hear about him until the dusk."

-1 skirmisher, the town guard sends out patrols outside its walls.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2019, 04:22:04 am »

Wait until the patrols get farther from the town and take them out one patrol at a time.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2019, 02:51:03 am »

Wait until the patrols get farther from the town and take them out one patrol at a time.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2019, 12:03:54 pm »

"(1) (4 VS 3) The stealthy approach was a failure for the vikings; they were detected, meaning the reinforcements will soon spring out of the town's gates. The Vikings have managed to kill off a patrol and rout two of them, however, due to overwhelming numbers."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2019, 05:56:52 am »

Finish off the two patrols, and get ready for their reinforcements.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2019, 08:14:14 am »

BUMP! Need another player. Also, I apologize for the sporadic updating/posting; I'll try to do better.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2019, 12:17:22 pm »

Finish off the two patrols, and get ready for their reinforcements.
+1
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2019, 09:48:35 am »

"(4 vs 5-1) The Norsemen wipe out one remaining Breton patrol out of two while losing some men in process. The latter patrol has retreated successfully and reconciled with the rest of the garrison. (6+1 vs 4) The first move of the reinforcements was to send horsemen at the leader of Norse raiders, but atgeir wielders have managed to gain speed and counter the attack, resulting in severe casualties among the Breton horsemen. Meanwhile, the Breton footmen are marching at our Norsemen, with the support of bowmen behind them."

-5 heavy axemen.

Tip of the day: Unless you have extremely skilled archers, it's not a wise idea to order them to shoot enemy troops on the top of the walls.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38