Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The situation looks hopeless for our Viking hero. Should I just end the game the next turn?

Yes
- 1 (20%)
No
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 15, 2019, 01:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38

Author Topic: A Viking's Tale (SG)  (Read 51599 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Viking's Tale (SG)
« Reply #480 on: September 13, 2019, 10:25:44 pm »

Have the atgeir wielders take out the guys on the stairs while everyone else covers them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 14, 2019, 07:15:19 am »

Have the atgeir wielders take out the guys on the stairs while everyone else covers them.
+1

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 15, 2019, 01:19:15 pm »

"(3 vs 1)(5 vs 2) The Sardinian archers land some shots and kill a few Norsemen, but ultimately, the atgeir wielders have managed to push through the Sardinian swordsmen, reaching the walls. (2 vs 4) However, like a rat that has been cornered, the Sardinians are trying their best to kill as many Vikings as possible, and so far, they did a decent damage."

-16 axe throwers, -4 atgeir wielders, -12 heavy axemen.

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 16, 2019, 12:31:06 am »

Let kill everyone on the walls while the atgeir wielders keep the Sardinians from coming up the stairs, then once the wall are ours we use any bows and arrows we find to kill the Sardinians below.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 16, 2019, 08:25:28 am »

Let kill everyone on the walls while the atgeir wielders keep the Sardinians from coming up the stairs, then once the wall are ours we use any bows and arrows we find to kill the Sardinians below.
+1

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 17, 2019, 11:54:41 am »

+1
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 18, 2019, 01:13:21 pm »

((Sorry, I've lost Internet connection yesterday's evening; that's why I didn't update.))

"(3 vs 6)(6 vs 2) The Sardinian arrows get blocked as the Norsemen regroup themselves, with the heavy axemen going forward onto the walls, killing several Sardinians, and the atgeir wielders standing below the walls, protecting against the potential reinforcements. The Sardinians got pinned into the lever room, and so it'll take one final push for the town to fall to the Norse."

One final push, and the gates will be open.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 18, 2019, 01:29:17 pm »

proceed with the push

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 19, 2019, 06:19:47 am »

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 20, 2019, 12:45:04 pm »

"(2 vs 2-1) The Norse warriors got somewhat tired after the continuous struggle, but they kill the remaining cornered Sardinians and open the gates for the archers. The only thing that's left now is capturing the town hall..."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 21, 2019, 07:03:21 am »

Lets leave some guys to guard the gate to keep the Sardinians from escaping while we go to capture the town hall.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 21, 2019, 08:08:34 am »

Lets leave some guys to guard the gate to keep the Sardinians from escaping while we go to capture the town hall.
+1

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 24, 2019, 10:21:20 am »

((OOC: Had a couple of busy days...))

"(6 vs 1) Tod leaves some people near the town gates and then commands his people to attack the town hall. The town hall had very few troops guarding it, and so the Norsemen slaughter them and capture the town."

"(3+1)(2+2)(2+1) The smoke covers the air above the town, as the buildings are being pillaged and burned, and the denizens of the town get surrounded and either enslaved or slaughtered like animals. The Vikings loot enormous amounts of wealth, food and prisoners."

The town's destroyed, and only the walls are left in its place. +105 food, +320 gold, +90 prisoners.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 25, 2019, 03:41:42 am »

Lets go back to the castle and rest and heal our injuries while we plan out our next raid.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 25, 2019, 03:42:23 am »

Lets go back to the castle and rest and heal our injuries while we plan out our next raid.
+1
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38