Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The situation looks hopeless for our Viking hero. Should I just end the game the next turn?

Yes
- 1 (20%)
No
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 15, 2019, 01:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38

Author Topic: A Viking's Tale (SG)  (Read 51585 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: A Viking's Tale (SG)
« Reply #465 on: September 03, 2019, 01:48:57 am »

How about leave a small garrison at the castle and find a larger city to raid?

Need more food and we still have room for a lot more prisoners.

We can always retreat back to the castle and then the ships if a large force appears, and even a small amount of troops should be able to hold the castle for a while.

You can do that, but do tell the exact number of X troop type you want to leave at the castle.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 03, 2019, 07:30:37 am »

Lets leave 50 archers, 75 heavy axemen, and 50 atgeir wielders, at the castle then go raid a large town near by.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 03, 2019, 07:45:44 am »

Lets leave 50 archers, 75 heavy axemen, and 50 atgeir wielders, at the castle then go raid a large town near by.
+1

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 04, 2019, 12:14:35 pm »

+1

+1 Might as well fill up the ships with slaves before moving on.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 05, 2019, 01:02:55 pm »

((The reason for turn delay: Had a grocery trip yesterday, and by the time I've washed and cleaned the groceries, it was past the midnight.))

"Stationing off a small garrison, the Northmen move on, scouting for a large town. (6) The scouts report about a rich Sardinian town, but the civilians on the outskirts have noticed the scouts, and so the town guard's alarmed. (3 vs 2) The scouts retreat, and the Norse march towards the town, blocking the Sardinian arrows raining upon them. Tod notices that the gates are not closed yet, despite the premature alarm..."

50 archers, 75 heavy axemen, and 50 atgeir wielders have been stationed at the captured castle. You have only 2 turns to get in before the town gates are closed, and when they close, you'll have to use ladders or other siege engines to get into the town.

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 05, 2019, 01:07:21 pm »

charge the gates

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 06, 2019, 09:06:31 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 06, 2019, 09:33:34 am »

Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 07, 2019, 12:53:40 pm »

"(2 vs 3)(4 vs 5)(1-1 due to the enemy's high position vs 3) The melee forces of Vikings raise their shields against the arrow rain, and yet some of them raise their shields too slowly and die. Charging through the gate gets blocked by Sardinian heavy infantry, wearing chainmails and wielding long swords and shields. The Sardinians stand defiant and proud in the melee carnage, and despite some losses, they stay unbroken and inflict some casualties to the Norsemen. Norse archers were trying to hit the Sardinian archers standing atop the town's walls, but all their arrows get broken against the stone walls of the town."

"You can hear some yelling and commanding to 'close the gates immediately'..."

-7 heavy axemen, -3 atgeir wielders, -9 axe throwers. One turn and the gate is closed.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 08, 2019, 07:44:34 am »

Keep pushing for the gate, while the archers keep trying to kill the guys on the walls.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 08, 2019, 09:33:39 am »

Keep pushing for the gate, while the archers keep trying to kill the guys on the walls.
+1

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 11, 2019, 11:52:55 am »

((OOC note: Pardon me, folks; before yesterday, the forums were broken, and yesterday I went grocery shopping with my mom, until the late evening.))

"(3 vs 5)(4 vs 1)(2-1 for high walls vs 4) The Sardinian archers decide to not shoot to avoid friendly fire, allowing the Vikings to overwhelm and push back the Sardinians in melee, entering the city before the gate closes behind the Norsemen. The Norse archers fare better this time, but still don't come even close to hitting any of the targets. Instead, their hail of arrows flies over the Sardinian walls."

Okay, you did it! Now to find the lever to get the archers into the town...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 11, 2019, 12:00:58 pm »

Lets charge the walls and take out the archers and get the door open for the rest of our guys.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 11, 2019, 12:16:11 pm »

Lets charge the walls and take out the archers and get the door open for the rest of our guys.
+1

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 13, 2019, 12:44:29 pm »

"(3 vs 5)(3 vs 4) Once inside, the Norsemen attempt to take out the Sardinian archers. Sardinians are trying their hardest to stop the Vikings from getting to the walls, and while the archer volley fails to kill any of them, the Sardinian swordsmen are currently blocking the Vikings from climbing the stairs leading to the walls rather effectively."

"Norse archers have decided to stop firing and hide in the outskirts, until the gates get opened from the inside."

-2 heavy axemen, -4 axe throwers, -1 atgeir wielder.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38