Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: Killing time (9/10)  (Read 26529 times)

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
Re: Killing time (9/10)
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2018, 05:28:04 pm »

Go to work, actually save lives. Only purposefully lose 1 patient, and only if they had an iffy survival chance. Make it look like I tried, though.
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2018, 08:29:12 pm »

Kit drove to the hospital as soon as he had heard someone had died. His last round with dead people was trash, but he was prepared this time.
"So, the police investigated a death here earlier... Could I see the room?" he said to the lady at the front desk. Despite the importance of her job, she was texting with one hand while painting her toenails on her desk with the other - an impressive show of meh.
"And who are you, exactly?" the receptionist snapped, unhappy to be interrupted from her non-work.
"Head Detective Kit Rougard. I'll be seeing that room now." the detective said, whipping out his badge.
"Uggh, fine..." the receptionist grumbles. She leads him to room 164, where the life support supposedly failed on someone. "I don't know why you need to look again... Machine broke. Happens all the time."
"I have a hunch." he says, not mentioning how his LAST hunch went. "I'll be right out." He walks into the room, noting the police work done. The folder had good pictures, but none hit the topic of interest today. So he dove underneath the bed and, through the tangle of cords, saw the truth. It hadn't broken. It was unplugged. He crawled back out, and looked at the upper corners of the room. Surely there were cameras! And there was one, staring back at him.
"Alright, honey, one last thing before you can go back to being an unproductive member of society... I need to look at the camera footage for room 164, from this morning."
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 09:58:54 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2018, 08:41:10 pm »

Kit drove to the hospital as soon as he had heard someone had died. His last round with dead people was trash, but he was prepared this time.
"So, the police investigated a death here earlier... Could I see the room?" he said to the lady at the front desk. Despite the importance of her job, she was texting with one hand while painting her toenails on her desk with the other - an impressive show of meh.
"And who are you, exactly?" the receptionist snapped, unhappy to be interrupted from her non-work.
"Head Detective Kit Rougard. I'll be seeing that room now." the detective said, whipping out his badge.
"Uggh, fine..." the receptionist grumbles. She leads him to room 164, where the life support supposedly failed on someone. "I don't know why you need to look again... Machine broke. Happens all the time."
"I have a hunch." he says, not mentioning how his LAST hunch went. "I'll be right out." He walks into the room, noting the police work done. The folder had good pictures, but none hit the topic of interest today. So he dove underneath the bed and, through the tangle of cords, saw the truth. It hadn't broken. It was unplugged. He crawled back out, and looked at the upper corners of the room. Surely there were cameras! And there was one, staring back at him.
"Alright, honey, one last thing before you can go back to being an unproductive member of society... I need to look at the camera footage for room 164, from XX:00 to XX:00 on XX/XX/XXXX."
Because of the detail I will be giving you a +-1(to get you closer to 5).

Update in 2 hours so WyrdByrd better post an action before he autos.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2018, 09:18:20 pm »

Ah, that's what I was hoping for. I'm actually still colorizing and numberifying, so give me a second and it'll be perfect.
Warning: Roleplay Mode Active. The Killers had netter step up their game.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2018, 09:22:23 pm »

One wonders why I would even want to kill people. I'm provided no actual in-character motivation to do so by the game itself. I might want to kill in order to get a high score, but... if I really wanted to earn a high score in this game, I wouldn't shoot for serial killer type behaviors, killing one at a time and staying secret. The best approach to simply get that number as high as possible would be mass-shooting, at which point I notice that this game could become a bit uncomfortable.

Therefore, I'm going to play this as a dating game.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2018, 10:20:45 pm »

It is June 3, 2020: Wednesday afternoon.
Go back to driving people around in the cab for money, I need more money for my plan.
[3]You make a little money. +$9

Perform analysis of evidence and crime scene,  get autopsy report. 

I feel, that there is something monstrous hiding in the dark nights of this city
[1]Well the case was dropped earlier today so the scene has scene been clean. The Monday night alley murder case is now closed.

Investigate the cause of the malfunction. shouldnt there have been nurses on duty or redundant systems to keep them alive?
[1]Your investigation has been stopped due to the police already taken and gone through it. Hospital staff are no longer allowed to investigate the malfunction.

Get back to work and continue earning money. I can waste time later.
[2]No one else comes in today for a butcher.

Oh well. Kill some time.
[6]sit around doing nothing and lose precious time. -1 to next roll

Go to work, actually save lives. Only purposefully lose 1 patient, and only if they had an iffy survival chance. Make it look like I tried, though.
[5]You succeed in killing someone that could have been saved, and try to explain it away.
(investigation)[1]You succeed in explaining it away that no one even tries to question you. +1 kills

"Alright, honey, one last thing before you can go back to being an unproductive member of society... I need to look at the camera footage for room 164, from this morning."
[3]The tapes do not show what you were expecting, nothing, there is nothing on the tapes. Which means it is an inside job. +1 investigation to hospital murderer

Quote from: Bob Frost
rest
[5]You have very restful rest.

Spoiler: Killers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inspectors (click to show/hide)

Important info:
20 suburb
1000 starting people per suburb
1020 in suburb 4
999 in suburb 19
4998 people in city center(downtown)
1 police officer per 100 people in suburb they live and work in their suburbs
1 police officer per 10 people in city center they live and work in the city center but can support suburb police
10 people move to the city at the start of everyday(morning)/will be allocated between the suburbs and downtown
law enforcement is trained back to mins at the beginning of every other day, next training(if necessary) On Friday
City is on the US West coast named Drane.
Drane has a tiny airport

Murder cases:
Monday night alley case closed
Wednesday morning Hospital malfunction/murder not allowed to be investigated by hospital staff

One wonders why I would even want to kill people. I'm provided no actual in-character motivation to do so by the game itself. I might want to kill in order to get a high score, but... if I really wanted to earn a high score in this game, I wouldn't shoot for serial killer type behaviors, killing one at a time and staying secret. The best approach to simply get that number as high as possible would be mass-shooting, at which point I notice that this game could become a bit uncomfortable.

You play as you wish, the premise is not to go out with a high kill score; it is to build up characters that are going crazy and have lost their morals. Even the non-killers will do things that would be called questionable.

A note to all players: I will be updating this everyday. If you have not posted by the time I do an update you characters will continue to do what they were doing or rest. If you will be gone for an extended period of time let me know and you will do nothing. I will let you all know if the update will be late or delayed. Next update should be in 20-26 hours.

And now go do stuff already.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 10:02:35 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2018, 10:30:17 pm »

Use roll penalty to sit around and do nothing. Enjoy the sunshine, but don't roll for that. It's RP.

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2018, 12:30:59 am »

No money for "working"?

Warning: Roleplay Mode Active. The Killers had better step up their game.

Why, Monsieur, we're just getting started!

Go home, eat dinner, sleep.
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2018, 01:06:50 am »

Get entry logs on clinic and especially room 164 to narrow down circle of suspects. Random mooks will not be let into such place after all

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2018, 02:34:19 am »

No money for "working"?
Quote from: previous update
earning given at evening
Quote from: this update
Wednesday afternoon
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2018, 05:12:04 am »

Go buy a werewolf mask, then go back to driving people around for money in the city center.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2018, 08:52:51 am »

go back to doing my duty as a firsy responder.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2018, 11:27:40 am »

He realized there wasn't any way he could convince the local police of his discovery - Not all of them were as versed in the ways of IT as he was. In fact, few were even competent with a smartphone. So pictures taken of his revelations would be quite necessary.
"Yes, I said a Polaroid camera. I need instant pictures." he explained to the chipper man trying to upsell him.
"Are you sure you don't want the Superprice 37859 for only $378.59? It can do anything that namby-pamby Polaroid can do and more!" the commissioned salesman said, gesturing to an expensive display of expensive cameras that did expensive things.
"Yes, I'm sure. And don't try to feed me the 'Oh we're out' line, I looked online and y'all still have them. OK? OK."
"Fine, let's get you checkout... One cheap instant camera...
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2018, 10:09:13 pm »

It is June 3, 2020: Wednesday evening.
Use roll penalty to sit around and do nothing. Enjoy the sunshine, but don't roll for that. It's RP.
[2]You try to sit around and do nothing, but get too restless and watch the sunset, but that didn't help either. You are restless -2 to next roll

No money for "working"?

Warning: Roleplay Mode Active. The Killers had better step up their game.

Why, Monsieur, we're just getting started!

Go home, eat dinner, sleep.
[5]Before you go home you got payed $180, you than get home, eat and have a good sleep. +1 to next roll, +$180

Get entry logs on clinic and especially room 164 to narrow down circle of suspects. Random mooks will not be let into such place after all

[5]You discover that only 1 nurse was in there that morning before the mishap. +1 to next roll, +2 inspection to killer

Go buy a werewolf mask, then go back to driving people around for money in the city center.
[2]You can't find a werewolf mask. [5]But are able to get more money driving people. +$26

go back to doing my duty as a firsy responder.
[1]You get stuck at the hospital, being detained by security following an investigation do to the recent event. Your name was the only one on the list of names that saw the patient before the mishap and as such are being detained for questioning. You pay will be withheld until you can be proven innocent.

He realized there wasn't any way he could convince the local police of his discovery - Not all of them were as versed in the ways of IT as he was. In fact, few were even competent with a smartphone. So pictures taken of his revelations would be quite necessary.
"Yes, I said a Polaroid camera. I need instant pictures." he explained to the chipper man trying to upsell him.
"Are you sure you don't want the Superprice 37859 for only $378.59? It can do anything that namby-pamby Polaroid can do and more!" the commissioned salesman said, gesturing to an expensive display of expensive cameras that did expensive things.
"Yes, I'm sure. And don't try to feed me the 'Oh we're out' line, I looked online and y'all still have them. OK? OK."
"Fine, let's get you checkout... One cheap instant camera...
[4] You buy a Polaroid camera with enough film for 18 pictures. +Polaroid camera(18 uses), - $8

Quote from: Dmitriy Petrov
go home and rest
[3]Before leaving you get payed $80, you go home and sleep.

Quote from: Bob Frost
rest
[2]You can't sleep.

Spoiler: Killers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inspectors (click to show/hide)

Important info:
20 suburb
1000 starting people per suburb
1020 in suburb 4
999 in suburb 19
4998 people in city center(downtown)
1 police officer per 100 people in suburb they live and work in their suburbs
1 police officer per 10 people in city center they live and work in the city center but can support suburb police
10 people move to the city at the start of everyday(morning)/will be allocated between the suburbs and downtown
law enforcement is trained back to mins at the beginning of every other day, next training(if necessary) On Friday
City is on the US West coast named Drane.
Drane has a tiny airport

Murder cases:
Monday night alley case closed
Wednesday morning Hospital malfunction/murder not allowed to be investigated by hospital staff

You play as you wish, the premise is not to go out with a high kill score; it is to build up characters that are going crazy and have lost their morals. Even the non-killers will do things that would be called questionable.

A note to all players: I will be updating this everyday. If you have not posted by the time I do an update your characters will continue to do what they were doing or rest. If you will be gone for an extended period of time let me know and you will do nothing. I will let you all know if the update will be late or delayed. Next update should be in 22-26 hours. If you have been on auto for 1 whole in-game day, you will be put in stasis.

And now go do stuff already.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 11:25:25 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2018, 10:23:02 pm »

that’s.. not how first responders and paramedics spesiffically work. the whole idea of paramedics is to have them respond to life-threatening health statuses OUTSIDE of hospitals, and to provide care until they GET to the hospital!
On top of that, they’re only ever assigned to hospitals when there is a emergency that requires triage, such as the aftermath of a bomb explosion or a natural disaster! as such,I demand the GM come up with a better excuse for blocking my action and docking my pay. My actual action will follow the adjustment.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 10:26:59 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17