Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: Killing time (9/10)  (Read 26453 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Killing time (9/10)
« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2018, 03:21:11 pm »

So the here are the new rules ad mechanics:
Code: (Rolls) [Select]
General Rolls:
0-Something breaks very badly, gain a nonhelpfull permanent modifier
1-Something break, gain a nonhelpfull temp modifier
2-nothing happens
3-almost failed, but still passed
4-good enough to do the job right
5-perfectly done, gain a helpful temp modifier
6-overshoot, gain -1 to next roll
7-extreme overshoot, gain a helpful permanent modifier

Investigaion Rolls:
1-You are thought of as not capable of it (-1 investigation)
2-They don't suspect you
3-You are a witness (+1 investigation)
4-You are an accomplice (+2 investigation)
5-You are suspect (+3 investigation)
6-You are a suspect, but it is wishy washy (+1 investigation)

Killer Rolls:
0-What was going to kill your target, killed you
1-What was going to kill your target, they found before it could kill them
2-You barely missed
3-You got them, but it was messy(+1 closer to 5 to investigation roll)
4-You got them and there was cleanable
5-You got them without making a mess(-1 closer to 1 to investigation roll)
6-You my have been seen(+1 investigation)
7-You were definitely seen(+3 investigation)

Investigaion:
Investigations first max is 6, when you hit your max investigation you are jailed and have 1 day to prove your innocence; if against a player investigator it is up to them(rolls only if gotten nowhere by the update); if against npc cops a roll of 3-5 will give you -1 investigation, 1-2 a +1 investigation, and a 6 +-0. At the end of the day if your investigation is at or above your max, you die; if 1 or more or below your max, set free.

Support:
Support is only given to law enforcement, min support is 1. Support is given for each killer brought to just by how many kills they had; it can also be bought at 1 for $1000. Support is lost when a murder case is closed without a killer found(only applies if you were investigating it). Support can be used to give you equipement and manpower, equipement will be with you for 1 day, manpower will be at your disposal for 1 week; 10 support can be used to get you a new permanent modifier(or remove one) 20 support can be used to give you imunity to 0s and 7s. If you ever get to 0 support and cannot buy anymore(your funds will automatically be used to buy 1 if you hit 0) than you ae removed fom your position(forced retirement, make a new character).

Kills:
When you get to certain kill levels you can rest you kills to gain buffs and bonuses: 5 kills will get you double the max investigation(hard max of 48); 10 kills gets you a new permanent modifier or a permanent modifier removal; 20 kills gets you imunity to 0s and 7s; More steps will be added when someone gets close.

Everyone else that is not a killer or law enforcement this is just a regular rtd for you.

Code: (modifiers) [Select]
Permanent:
Ban from[INSERT PLACE/THING](not allowed to go/do [INSERT PLACE/THING])
Dumb(Gives -1 toward 2 to all rolls)
Expert [INSERT PROFESSION](gives a +-1 toward 5 to all [INSERT PROFESSION] rolls)
Insanity(give a +-1 toward 1 to fist roll of the day)

Temp:
Losing Mind(-1 to all rolls, expires when gotten Insanity or after a nights rest)
Restless(gives -2 to next roll, expires after next action)
Well Rested(gives +1 to all rolls all day, expires at end of day)
Watched/Observed [INSERT PERSON/PLACE/THING](give +1 to all rolls related to [INSERT PERSON/PLACE/THING] all week)

(more to be added)

Code: (Skills) [Select]
Athletics(+1 to rolls involving athletics)
Cautious(gives +1 when investigating or killing)
Charismatic(+1 to talking rolls)
Charming(+1 to talking rolls when in an interrogation, can be upgraded to Charismatic)
CPR(able to resurrect 1 person that died in the day(must be 1 turn max after death))
Fine, I'll do it myself!(no bonuses)
First Responder(no investigation gotten on an investigating rolls of 3&4)
Flexible(can change what you are doing halfway through without any negitaves)
Forensics(+1 when investigating)
Inconspicuous(-1 to all investigation rolls)
Investigation(+1 when investigating)
Map memory(cannot get lost)
Primal Cuts(gives +1 to killing)
Professional knowledge (INSERT PROFESSION)(gives +1 to all [INSERT PROFESSION] rolls)
Seduction(+1 to talking rolls against to opposite sex, can be upgraded to Charismatic)
Self-Defence courses(+1 in combat)
The Role of a Clown(no bonus)
Thousandmasks(-1 to investigating rolls)
Tough(takes twice as long to take you down)

(More to be added)

(More will be added as needed)
If anyone wants to change their action based on the new system I will give you about a day. Please give me feedback.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 03, 2018, 03:51:38 pm »

Why is seduction specific to talking to people of the opposite sex? I totally managed to use it on someone of the same sex as my character earlier.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2018, 03:54:43 pm »

Why is seduction specific to talking to people of the opposite sex? I totally managed to use it on someone of the same sex as my character earlier.
Because I did not realize at the time that you were using it on someone of the same sex than.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2018, 04:08:42 pm »

both of my reworked perks are acceptable, and despite the frustrations of my oncomming turns, I’m still committed to it.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2018, 04:09:28 pm »

Well, sex isn't part of the character sheet but Carolyn is generally a feminine name. :P

Welp. Get out. Go to the clubs. Dance. Dance in a physically demanding, sensual, and utterly mad fashion, thus granting myself a +3.

Do drugs if convenient. Don't kill anyone unless I have an actual reason to. Hey, that gives me an idea for later~

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 03, 2018, 05:17:23 pm »

((I think the new system is okay and I like my skills, so I'm not changing my action.))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 03, 2018, 10:40:13 pm »

(No need to change  my action so far).

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 04, 2018, 02:41:55 am »

(I'm gonna leave my action what it was.)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 05, 2018, 08:38:03 pm »

We will still break into whatever home we can find and kill people.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 06, 2018, 12:09:51 am »

We will still break into whatever home we can find and kill people.

Well shoot I knew I forgot someone's skills. I'll add them in later.

If the next 2 do not post by 8AM PST tomorrow I will consider their action unchanged and fine with the new system.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 07, 2018, 01:51:36 am »

It is June 4, 2020: Thursday evening.
Quote from: randomgenericusername
Call a cab or something and move to another suburb, trying to find a shop that sells maps of the city and the streets.
[3]You call a cab and move to suburb 1, paying the down-payment for rent at $200, after that you forget to go find a map. -$200 home changed: suburb 19->suburb 1

alright, now I’m pissed. Try to organise a breakout plan with the other people in my cell. Is the door made of solid metal or bars? perhaps I can rig my defibrillator into electrocuting the guard the next time they come around to deliver food or transfer one of us. It might kill them, so be prepared to do CPR and revive them upon escaping my cell. oh, and dont forget to steal the guard’s keys and belongings.
[1]Your fellow prisoners are not impressed with your plan, laughing at you when you tell them you have a defibrillator in your pocket. You feel like you are LOSING YOUR MIND. +Losing Mind

Cautiously make my way over to  the target's house,  taking care to avoid any other people on the route there. If there are any side-streets, shortcuts, or areas less traveled, I take those.
[5]You get to the house without incident and are able to observe your target. +Observed target

Go to ether a gun store or pawn shop, to look at the prices for handguns, then after that's finished go back to driving people around for money.
[1]You try to look into the prices for handguns only to be told that crazy people can't get guns. +Crazy?(people think you are crazy, give -1 to interaction rolls, expires after a 4 o 5 interaction roll)

I want to break into a HOUSE not a shed.

Find the adjacent home, see if we can break through a window and find any juicy victims inside - to kill.

[4]You get inside the adjourning house and find a mother and her small child.

As it rains, detective Boston stood in his office,  while sipping from flask usually hidden in his fedora. He sighed.

Sometimes, there are people thinking, that they can just get in the way of police investigation. This doctor was making too many problems, or he himself was just one big problem.
 Bad for him, he forced me to use him to make him one more solved case, was pretty easy with such proofs on him.
Hopefully, beatings from criminal cellmates would teach him a lesson.

Read literature on psychology to let me make psychological portrait of murderers during investigation
[1]You fail miserably at trying to study psychology. +Frustrated(-1 to next roll)

Welp. Get out. Go to the clubs. Dance. Dance in a physically demanding, sensual, and utterly mad fashion, thus granting myself a +3.

Do drugs if convenient. Don't kill anyone unless I have an actual reason to. Hey, that gives me an idea for later~

[7]You dance so well that you become an expert dancer. +Expert dancer

Spoiler: Killers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: non-killers? (click to show/hide)

Important info:
20 suburb
1000 starting people per suburb
1010 in suburb 2
1020 in suburb 4
999 in suburb 19
4997 people in city center(downtown)
1 police officer per 100 people in suburb they live and work in their suburbs
1 police officer per 10 people in city center they live and work in the city center but can support suburb police
10 people move to the city at the start of everyday(morning)/will be allocated between the suburbs and downtown
law enforcement is trained back to mins at the beginning of every other day, next training(if necessary) On Friday
City is on the US West coast named Drane.
Drane has a tiny airport

Murder cases:
Monday night alley case closed
Wednesday morning Hospital malfunction/murder not allowed to be investigated by hospital staff case closed

Everyone please give you character a sex and age.
I will no longer be automating player characters that do not post, update schedule changed to every other day instead of everyday.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 07, 2018, 03:05:34 am »

rest for the night, then think up a different plan. there’s got to be some way to break out of here.
sex: Male
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 03:01:28 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 07, 2018, 03:09:08 am »

Sex: Female

Locate an attractive human at the club. Impress it with dancing skill.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 07, 2018, 03:23:11 am »

Apply hatchet to mother and child with extreme prejudice and force.

Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 07, 2018, 03:40:30 am »

Smoke a cigarette to get rid of frustration then Try to study psychology again

sex male age 34

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17