Home Fleet
- 0 (0%)
Arena
- 1 (25%)
Hunters Inc
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Fotron Comics: Moving Forward  (Read 6793 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fotron Comics: Moving Forward
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2018, 04:39:55 pm »

Excellent question. And that’s 312k as in three hundred thirteen thousand. ( only reason not more is pay checks and time and well Franks funeral is not a money damper due to mercy. But the Staff gets negative modifiers for a bit.)

And my games are always free form so can buy multiple upgrades or even stack based on how much you spend.

This is the case.

And yeah hope more people anticipate. I know I can be confusing sometimes.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2018, 05:27:01 pm »

Well, In that case I think that getting upgrades 1, 2, and 3 would best.

We need to take at least on of the expansion options(1 or 4) because 1 is the cheaper one it allows us to get foreign patronage without spending half or our money.

There is no reason not to get 3. because it is so cheap.

4 seems like a better but more expensive version of 1. Another option that might work is 1,3, and 4. But I would prefer 1,2,3.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2018, 06:26:56 pm »

Let’s see now more than one voter. Let’s see say Monday. : Also thinking of showing other stuff in game talk thread.)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2018, 05:26:12 am »

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2018, 11:47:01 am »

+1
+1
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2018, 03:50:59 pm »

Decided to act. Oh and adding the ads and movie money was 1,076.

Now it’s 971 ( and well here is why not out of ball park yet.)

Decisions:

The studio gets a Make over. Can now hold up to 21 people.

Can house and print a great deal more ( but now got to worry about machinery due to the demands for fixing stuff and such. So nom away 50k every three business choices for maintenance.)

Also nicer view of city and studio has rep now.

As for training thing.

Look over your employees and get 5 points ( not just Howard, but everyone.) and add points where you see fit. As more maxed out skills you the smaller staff limits for actually making books.

Lastly: Franklin being dead means he no longer offers advice money wise because he was Howards RoybDisbey to Howards Walt Disney.

So a new hire operation is “ Financial Aide.”

Said Aide will not count as a building staff unless you want to school person in on the craft.

And yeah Rosa now offer animation stuff as she handles cartoon department ( Which is currently schooling would be animators how our characters should move and appearance.) As right now we do not make animated stuff. For now anyway ( But could happen in the future.

Lastly: The Over seas upgrade means now you can sell your stuff other seas, more cash and in future staff hiring can even employee foreign talent, Who well read your work.

So now onto the in character stuff.

Ic

: It was after Franklin got buried, the staff had become a family and his desk sit empty, his desk still keeps his name for now. He was a great friend and helped you, Howard Goldstein in many ways, including your wife meet up. Now, no one dares mentioning replacing Franklin, though diwn the line someone would either need to become a money wizard or hire one. Which was shaky as some people cannot be trusted.:

Also no new Alpha Man for reasons. Lots of fan mail. Dons kept his notes but who would do it justice? And Jotun was finished. One note Brian has made us he gets control over what he makes, and made a promise all his material has a ending. Every single one.

Because despite the other companies printing out stuff for stories that make no sense. Barfield refuses to do that trap. Oh and the building can have plenty of new people. As The Barfields work at home and Franklin is gone. So that is 19 desk space and well room for comfortable environment.

After training each staff. Get to decide things like before.

Note: Either hire a agent for money or upgrade a staff to do so.

Those with experience ( Rosa) or high editing skills ( Dona and Brian) are your best bets. Because instead of making a business stat, that stuff is covered in Editing for simplify sake. But said editor gets married to the job so one less comic ( or no more at all.)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2018, 04:51:33 am »

Have Dona get the training for the financial stuff.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2018, 09:43:05 am »

Alrighty so Dona is taking Franklins office. But the 5k training applies to everyone.

Howard, Rosa, Andrea, Valeria and Brian.

So they all get 5s too unless want me to do it like a automated rpg cpu thing.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2018, 04:06:49 am »

Give them all the fives.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2018, 10:06:44 am »

Howard:
Writing: 5
Penciling: 2
Inking:1
Coloring:1
Lettering:1
Editing:4

Rosa:
Writing: 0
Penciling: 3
Inking:4
Coloring:4
Lettering: 5
Editing:0

Andrea:
Writing:0
Penciling:5
Inking:5
Coloring:5
Lettering:5
Editing:0

Brian:
Writing: 5
Penciling: 5 ( was practicing a lot in hospital.)
Inking: 5
Coloring:5
Lettering: 0
Editing: 5 ( thanks to Dona training.)

So yeah due to new building size and fact staff so freaken talented can get out one omnibus of the month or anthology becomes/ book collections or around four projects at a time.

As for Task.

Andre and Brian being husband and wife decide to teach trades ( lettering for writing.)

Everyone else, in your control. In regards to actions, the couple will be taking orders next turn.

Dona? She has 5 in write and 5 in editing. Due to new job, not making books, still review but not make own material.

After upgrade pick. The game goes back to normal.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2018, 07:40:53 am »

I guess we should get back to working on Goo, Jotun, and Call of Darkness. Let Alpha Man sit for a bit longer.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2018, 10:24:41 am »

Rosa: Okay Boss but Brian thought he said Jotun was over, for him. Unless you want to call him. And try to work a deal out. I am sure it is reasonable. I think we should either get another property running or expand on Call.

Valeria: Yeah, Lovecraft, our style of horror was notorious for spending countless time trying to build up and fit out why his story universe was so messed up. Could be a prequel series. People love that.

Rosa: Also read a poll of girls wanting to read comics due to “ Wonder Woman” and “ Archie” and stuff like that. Do not get me wrong. I love our content, but well we either have to fill in gaps or add layers to our stuff. Though we should call Barfield to make sure on the same page. Because as it stands due to our loose share rights, he owns sixty percent of the Jotun sales. Including the movie. Why do you think he has not bothered you for a salary boost?

Cal: Yeah. He works with us because he likes us and what we do.

Rosa: Also because we gave him the chance to show his stuff.

( Company policy has not been invented yet meaning who says what goes. DC and Marvel had it company owns characters. In 90s Image and Dark Horsr set in So American authors had authority with their stuff.)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2018, 06:24:14 am »

I forgot about Jotun being a miniseries.

A call of darkness prequel sounds like a neat idea. I'm not sure what to do about girl comics, does Goo count as something girls might like?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2018, 09:49:13 am »

Rosa: Yes. The majority of girl readers in poll with our company is the Goo format. Which is cartoony, I swear it’s pretty much like Disney comics, only difference is story content and characters.

Val: Also for the prequel, we could have like the darkness showing up in other points in time, in the past and truly the ultimate would be the first time these dark Gods enter humanity at that first encounter. It does not even have to be known history.”

Dona: We could just call the Barfields. We got their number and we all help each other.”

: Cue phone call.:

Brian: Girl Book? Hmm. Andrea loves romance stuff, maybe she will send a prototype of something? Jotun? Well the main series is supposed to be over, if done again. Would have to be a hook, like stories of another pilot or even a sequel series. Though I love trying my hand at different things. Money, is a better thing at times.

Andrea: Do not tell me you have gone commercial : play punch in arm.:

Brian: Well given success, would be a lie to say it did not affect me that way. And I wrote Goo for everyone to enjoy. Could see why girls love it.. as Mink the cat, who is a girl has cartoonish super strength. So maybe it’s the Wonder Woman Thing.

Oh and Call of Darkness? Given the format has been our guy being detective at horror sights, the brief but house and Mo stew hunting. Which is driving him crazy, a prequel would be smart. Also we need to name the said Dark Gods and given them a vague scary form. To be legit Lovecraft.

I will bring notes and sketches next week. Hope you do not mind our baby boy because me and mrs are coming there next week to talk shop.

Dona: I just had a idea! Why don’t we get prints of all the Call of Darkness stories and make a single giant book out of it? Would cost more, but a way for die hard fans to read whole series up until now, without needing to cycle through multiple issues.

Val: We could call it The Book of Darkness edition.

What to do:

Instead of writing and printing something, make rough drafts. Also the book store research, to see if the world of 1950 is really that different from 1947.

Library to learn new genre(s)

Go into book pile for more stuff to mass print ( and getting 15k cause of the school deal.)

And that’s that, unless want to hire more people for more ideas and books to be done. ( because there is a sanely high max limit of books at one time. Only limits are budget andvthe build of said book.)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2018, 07:26:37 am »

Lets do some book store research and look in the book pile for stuff to print.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9