Home Fleet
- 0 (0%)
Arena
- 1 (25%)
Hunters Inc
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Fotron Comics: Moving Forward  (Read 6797 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fotron Comics: Venturing onto the pages
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2018, 10:06:56 am »

( Bump for great justice)

The next week Franklin looked over more comics from the store, Mainly Captain America and Superman. Having observed this he spoke up.

“ We should have our own main stars, and other stories going on. Though we went full detective horror we should always look higher.”

Afterwards Franklin pencils in four guys.

The first was a metal man sort of deal wearing a pilot outfit. “ I call him Alpha Man, Power with great power that gives him mind over matter. But the weakness is he has a time limit.

He did three other drafts, onevwas Knight again, Dark Fantasy. A man in a dragon helmet, Dark spinet Armor And wields a sword like a big cleaver.

The last two were a attempt at cyber punk, a cyborg alien who does outer space jobs.

The last, a true fantasy hero who is a Dearf, who crafts things to deal with problems of the land.

“ Oh and my father died so next weeknI will not be in.”

- Any ideas for future works you want to try? Pencil your own? Rosalina”s ideas?

( Yeah found out about Stan Lee and plus want to be more proactive in my games. As long as someone Freakken posts. And the next game turn, find out how much you sell/effects.)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2018, 11:03:07 am »

The first was a metal man sort of deal wearing a pilot outfit. “ I call him Alpha Man, Power with great power that gives him mind over matter. But the weakness is he has a time limit.
I like the sound of this one, we should work more on this idea.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2018, 11:14:25 am »

I like the sound of this one, we should work more on this idea.
With a name like that and a time limit, radioactivity is probably related in some way.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2018, 02:11:26 pm »

Rosalina looks through the notes with Alpha Man.

“ He is like the Green Lantern character with Superman and Patriotic as Captain America. He left three sets of notes.”

1: He could had gotten piers from mysterious Alpha waves, a made up energy and time limit is it is killing him. So each super power instant is a race against the clock.

2: He got hold of a device from a downed space ship. Time limit leaves, no more morphing for the day until recharge by being exposed to energy.

3: Is actually a half breed. Alien and human and powers just triggered. It affects his mental health due to the strain.

So boss, he wants a super hero, but something with depth. Must say our darker tones will make us stand out. Which version should we use?”

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2018, 06:54:08 am »

1: He could had gotten piers from mysterious Alpha waves, a made up energy and time limit is it is killing him. So each super power instant is a race against the clock.
This sounds like the best one, it also makes the time limit more meaningful, the only downside it that he will die and we'll have to make a new character, but we should get a good few books from him before then.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2018, 10:02:45 am »

Rosalina gets around to coloring Alpha Man sketches. Going patriotic as body is white with red lines and blue eyes.

It looks quite good.

“ Want to write plot and compare with Deanklin when he returns? Wait or do our own comic story.?”

As Frankin will be back in week 4.:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2018, 04:59:47 am »

We should write some stuff then show it to Franklin when he gets back to see what he thinks, I mean he should get some say since he came up with the idea in the first place.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2018, 09:55:23 am »

Alrighty.

+- Got concept down of Alpha Man version 1. ( Alpha Waves andvthem killing him. His powers, are very nebulous a he seems capable of anything. But instead of magic it’s like pseudo science magic. And the art works thanks to Disgeuntled Artist Roll.

Week three.

Suggestions despite Deanklin not there

Improve stats for Goldstein and Rosalina. (!Also find out her genre.)
Go to book store to see what sells
Library for new material
You, the boss make your own super hero ( might as well go for a extended universe thing.)

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2018, 08:30:44 pm »

Let's go out to a comic shop and see what the youngsters are buying. Give out some autographs, too!

Avanti!

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2018, 09:59:06 pm »

Well right now as it turns out people not really into military or classics right now. The war was over as Korea has not started yet and people always to forget horrors of war, good thing is the other flips were romances aimed for female readers. So the comics they will ship will likely sale.

Though Goldstein has Military under his belt, maybe work something in future should it be popular again or try to inject more genres to make it interesting.

That week was over as Rosalina was doing her own doodles and weekn4. Cannot do anything this week. It was time to sell Call of Darkness.

All of Darkness to print was 2k.

The results would be next month.

Die roll 1-20

Fans generated: 1-12

12 ( made many fan boys.)

Role playing

The books. Sold. They actually sold and got 1.5k back. So a good deal. It even made newspapers as there is a third company now.

The kids who bought it loved it. The direction, grit, horror and the cliff hanger ending of our detective looking at a mirror, with horrors coming out. Was the darkness arriving again or was he having a moment of insanity? It is obvious one cannot just beat these kind of horrors.

Franklin: WOW. We made it big, in that people who bought it. Love it.

Rosalina: In the future should have more staff or make paper back books to print. We need the money, always to get better. Wait, sound like Walt now. :shuts up.:

Franklin: I guess Call If Dark was could be a series. And I saw the notes, you guys loved Alpha Man. Will willing to help there.

Oh and there is back lash.

:Reads letter:

1-6: 4 on die

“ We worry about our children, this filth scares and tells the audience that man is sometimes powerless against the unknown. Exactly what message are you trying to teach? Oh and the horror is so.. bizarre could get sick reading it.”

Rosalina: Just jealous she did not have neevevto so her own book Chief. It will go over.

Franklin: Yeah, we did not go overboard in the bad. My Knight Idea would have been worse. Much worse.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2018, 05:00:41 am »

I say we start working on the second Call of darkness book, and keep working on Alpha Man and try to release two books this month.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2018, 11:51:07 am »

Ic

: Franklin makes notes in two monthes July the 4th. As of now it’s May. As he spoke up.:

In July I feel we should do military, just to honor the servicemen. I do not care about the sales. That or just patriotic stuff in different genre.”

Rosalina: Hmmm. If we hired more people could do this stuff faster. As of now only 1 a week and that’s 18 pages, the smallest number.

Out of character note: I remembered you guys had Sponsors. So the money is 2k. Not 1.5k so not a profit but money came back fully and got a fan base. Meaning sales are easier.

Ic

Franklin Conrad: We should definitive stick to our guns and do our sequel, then discuss Alpha Man. ( Hiven he invented concept has his own build thing in mind.)

Rosalina: Also still paper back novels, and with those royalties could make them into comics.

Conrad: How are you business savvy?

Rosalina: In the beginning, even though Walt and his brother ran the show, everyone in staff was pretty much the board. A fake democracy but sometimes we got our ideas to work.

Conrad: That’s a good System I think. Hmmmm. I think I can work my magic to get more staff, even if you hire some this month for multiple roles and make things faster.

The basic Alpha Man Idea

Title: Alpha Man:
Plot: Back story and showing it day by day.
Hero: Alpha Man, real name Daniel Barrows.
Obstacle: As he is only one with powers in this issue, shows how much strain a real Super Man would have by dealing with all world problems, along with his time limit as to wh he cannot be power on at all times ( when he is normal time dials back over time. But longer time runs, damage and near death.)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2018, 05:50:41 am »

Do we still get novels to sell along with our comics?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2018, 09:15:48 am »

You got to select print books ( paper or hard cover. Hard costs more.) and would be given a selection to choose from.

And in case of books and staff it’s a multiple choice and can choose more than one. Printing said book equals sells and gain legal rights to make said work into a comic.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2018, 04:07:19 am »

We should look into hiring more staff to speed up production, and pick some books to print along side our comics, they should be paperback to save some money.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9