Home Fleet
- 0 (0%)
Arena
- 1 (25%)
Hunters Inc
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Fotron Comics: Moving Forward  (Read 6799 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fotron Comics: Venturing onto the pages
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2018, 11:01:42 am »

Ooc: Waiting on class to start but did dice for staff applicants.

The books to read and ask to become published at another time.

Rolls

People can be hired: 6 out of six
Talent pool: 5 out of 6.

Meaning all this people at least have 12 skill points and still perks apply.

:Your studio goes back to the hiring phase. In the end Rosalina and Franklin look over them and the six who are selected in the waiting room.:

Remember: Since you got paid back all the way can hire multiple persons. And the warning is starting now employees will funnel money per month. But will get cash faster with flooding work room and works to sell.

Candidates.

1: Willy O Dre: Came from a family of Irish immigrants, dock worker and at one point boxer. A older gentleman who worked second job at novels, mainly barely disguised works describing the troubles of the common immigrant.

Stats:

Writing:5
Pencilling:0
Inking:0
Coloring:0
Lettering: 5
Editing: 2

Perk: Famous: So anything he does will garner some form of fandom due to fame.

Genre: Unknown at moment.

Price: 6k

2: Andrea Piper: She has mainly done ads, the art work and such. Mainly coke cocola and stuff like that.

Writing:0
Pencils:5
Ink:3
Coloring:5
Lettering:2
Editing:0

Perk: Talented: Hence 15 instead of twelve.
Genre: Unknown

Price: 7k

3: Brian Barfield: A vet of WW2 who has decided to cope by settling down and writing his stories.

Writing: 5
Pencils: 0
Inking:3
Coloring:2
Lettering:0
Editing:2

Perk: New perk

For the Love: Makes boring and salary rate cut I half. As the person could be working another job. Just choices this out of love of the art.

Price: 2k ( literally due to For the Love.$

4: Dante Miller: Named due to religious grand mother. Grew up fatherless and just got out of art school.
Writing: 0
Pencils: 4
Ink: 4
Coloring:4

Perk: In the Mood: Find our his emotions and said feelings on paper get a bonus.

8k price tag.

5: Katrina Wallace: She is a current stracingvartist in the city.
Writing:2
Pencils: 5
Inking:1
Coloring:4
Editing: 0

Perk: With this Brush: Find our her fav subject, Bonus at it.

Price: 4K

6: Randy Alder: Actually a Doctor. This is a hobby piece. As he did take arts in college besides science.

Writing: 4
Penciling:4
Inking:1
Coloring:3

Perk: New perk:

Knows stuff: For accurate material presented in books. This case a doctor. So for our gore and medical stuff in book, it will actually be accurate.

Price: 12k ( because he ness to fuel his ego being a doctor.)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2018, 06:09:17 am »

We should get Andrea Piper and Brian Barfield.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2018, 10:08:58 am »

Note: If no one else votes by 6:00pm eastern time will continue and also like SPAM threads there are going to be time leaps to key holidays, events and such.

The process right now is mainly to see what kind of publishing line compared to DC and Marvel.

Another note: Each time skip, your current staff will be proactive and do not need supervision with everything meaning they will post their skills and research how they seem fit. ( But as a warning, staff can die. And given this rpg is from 1940s to 2,000s it’s a given there will be Generation characters or new blood to replace the old.)

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2018, 10:35:38 am »

We should get Andrea Piper and Brian Barfield.
Uh... sure, +1.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2018, 11:24:32 am »

Andrea Piper, who looked like hourglass figure from said ads with rd hair, blue eyes and such was pleased. Then Brian enters work space. He was huge, Akon to a gorilla of a man with huge tal built, eyes that, change color?! Green to blue and sometimes inverween, with wild man curls. They were happy, the rest left.

Franklin Conrad’s plan- 6 out of 6. 2 out of 6 second roll

Just as the new people entered. Conrad brought two more ladies in, one was a brown haired blue eyed young woman, the other tall and blonde. With green and in a paint covered outfit.

“ Well decided to look into more talent. Nice to see you hired folks. As for me? Got my school teacher wife to help. As I figure if we get a lot, I will need someone with editing skills. Because too much I could slip. Oh and the other covered in paint is my sister, Vaelria Conrad. Just got kicked out of art school. Pissed, no worries they will not need pay as the better book sales do. More money they get. So they will pay their own way.”

Dona Conrad: The wife.
Skills: Edit: 5
Writing:1

Perk: Ray of Sun Shine: Last perk to be discovered. Pair her up in a book and a positive modifier. Just, brings the best out of people.
Genre:?

Vaelria Conrad: Franklins sister. Kicked out, claims it was a mistake.
Pencil:2
Ink:2
Color: 2

Perk: My Brush in hand: If given her fav subject in art. Modifier for said work.
Genre: ???

With that, doubt need to hire anymore people any time soon.

As it is getting packed unless make room in some other floors. But should not have to worry. Yet.

Notes: You have 4 people with writing talent. Meaning can do 4 scripts or have them conauthor material, like the issue one of Call Of Darkness.

The drawing/coloring done together will make stuff faster, much faster so can either make more books or bigger collector books.

And note that events and time skips will occur.

Next:

: Brian Barfield lifts the gigantic box of books and Andrea opens it.:

Franklin: Well we got people who can see what sells (4 writers) So could be a good idea to check over these books and have something else for extra cash.

Can always turn them into comics, as in publishing we get some legal tender in.

Brian: Besides that I feel we should have a work shop just to see what everyone likes. Could make things easier. Hell on a dry spell just go to library to study unless idea swapping ( what Goldstein and Franklin did.)

Because there is a market for everything, right?

Val: Your adorable, but at the moment let the boss man decide.

Rosa: Yeah. Mr. Goldstein has a good head on his shoulders. Oh and Franklin we ar definitively doing Alpha Man. One of these days.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2018, 12:22:35 am »

Notice about book prints: As your team reads said books there is a chance the genre runs off on them, gaining a new genre.

Also as it’s obvious, no need to hire anymore people, for now.

Aside Paper back, could hold a meeting to see what everyone likes so assign jobs.

Or go about the process of two more books. Given Alpha Man not done on paper yet and well three writers so yeah.

( Already got sequel pitch for Call if Darkness.)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2018, 10:16:56 am »

Probably should keep working on Alpha Man, and Call of Darkness.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2018, 10:26:21 am »

Well you guys got Call of Darkness 2. So unlike feel like bonus material. Alpha Man then.

Note: Evenrs happen after this month.

Alpha Man:
Writers: All. Goldstein, Franklin Conead, and Barfield.
Plot: How our hero got exposed to Alpha Waves. And in turn using powers, figuring out time limit which resets if not burned out,
Hero: Alpha Man. Goldstein gets to name him, but Franklin directs the action.
Said obstacle: Really different from other works. In Alpha Man, Alpha Man is the “only” super powered being. It is more of a morality story that shows how one can truly be a good guy in s world of ants to your godly power. Bad guys? Petty regimes and natural disasters.

Edit: Yeah you guys get to name AMs secret identity then we’ll events happen.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 10:41:20 am by Tyrant Leviathan »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2018, 07:48:19 am »

His name could be John Freeman, and he could be a military scientist of some kind.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2018, 01:05:16 pm »

Ooc: Lets see how the dice do!

Call of Darkness:

Sales: 12 out of 12. ( literally I do not know how these die do this!!)

Given that Call has always been set up as the new big thing, strange tales of horror style, it gets all sold out. Bigger than the original especially as the fans must have gotten their friends to buy

Fan reaction to the book: 8. Of 12. Well they are pleased as our hero was having sanity trouble but the fact the horror is real saved the day and this issue the detective kills one of the monsters that could actually die. Via elephant gun.

Back lash: 4.  Well crap, parents who have seen their youngsters reading this stuff are not happy. Especially the Tripp’s art, scary vibes and more violence ( such as said gun scene.)

Over all + sponsors. You go from 100k to 120k. Making that money rain.

Alpha Man:

This being the first non horror book.

Sales: 9 Of 12. It was a shocker that the studio did non horror and it sold out.

Reaction: 6 So 12. Those who picked it up either loved it or hated it. The fact the guy is super power and dealing with world problems actually made Alpha Man more popular with adult readers. As the kids tossed them away their parents got into being fans ( So a +2 to a eight. Grown ups like Alpha Man.)

Back Lash: 7. Not a negative one no. As some parents complain of Call of Darkness, sometimes the parent actual saw Alpha Man. So a counter balance.

Total Cash: 135k ( will give the staff their pay cuts after looking up prices.)

Now then. First event!

5/12. ( This is bad.)

* Cue Brian Barfield, youngest of the writer staff in hospital due to drink driver collision. He is alive, and not even in a coma. But will be out for a while.

In response Lilly Cobrad visits him. Regularly but manages to come in to work.

( 8 weeks out. But no worries, will be improving his as even while healing.)

Now with 4th of  July around the corner. Andrea spoke “ We should voice all genres we like. “

Rosalina spoke too. “ Should do something patriotic, like even a Alpha Man issue or military thing.”

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2018, 08:58:48 am »

Do a 4th of July issue of Alpha Man, where he tracks down some surviving Nazis scientists and stops them from cloning Hitler or something similar.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2018, 11:04:08 am »

Alpha Man: Patriot edition:

In his quest to keep human race safe. Finds out about a plot of a Hilter Clone. After a search a whole lot of nazis, including a cloned Hilterbdie, badly.

Rolls

Sales: 9 ( Good but still issues left on Stands. Blame it on marketing)
Fans: 7. This time it’s those adults  who are weirded out. That a guy can have super powers. It clones and functioning Nazi base? Absurd!
Backlash: 12 Of 12 ( whichbis positive,?6 below is bad.)

Now the kids see Alpha Man as “cool” because he is more than willing to kill his enemies, in graphic and imaginative ways like melting Hilter with heat vision.

They consider AM to Benz Superman, if no cheesy costume and fights for real.

Total sales: 12k ( + 4 due to patriot July edition.)

132k. - 14k. 118k.

( The minus 14 is salary pay out.)

August:

News that Brian will be full recovery next month and will be on the job. Also has been reading, a ton of books since Hunes accident.

(‘So now has six genres.)

Lilly took time to sharpen her skills.
All 2s are now 3.

The Conrad family have a idea.

“ Why don’t we do paper back print? We will get the chunks of cash and royalties for comic adaptions. All we got to do is read books. Hellbthebwhole staff can do that.”

In which everyone reads like three to four books. So a lot covered.

“ Though yeah will have to be careful, some of the stuff out there is basically crap.”

Event roll: 10

Got a ton of fan mail. Ideas, suggestions, notes and doodles. Also stuff that states how cool and such. One in particular stands out.

“ What Actually scares you guys? Considering Call of Darkness and everything.”

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2018, 07:54:02 am »

I guess we should start working on the next book for Alpha Man, and Call of Darkness, then print some paperback books.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2018, 12:39:22 pm »

Event roll: 4 out of 12

Prior to you guys starting the next comic books a mail has arrived and is a court order.

Said letter

“ Dear Fotron Studios. The growing concern of your material on the shelves along with other material has lead to a court ruling. Please be on time.”

Said court turns out grow ups, including a psychologist that comic books are a threat to the youth. And you can make a court case to defend yourself and your comics.

And as for a defense lawyer there are three options.

A: Contact the best agency around, Walter and Wyatt.
B: Have the state pick one for you.
C: John Barfield, Brian’s brother is willing to pitch in.

A costs 30k
B costs 15k in the end
C costs nothing

But yes, you, DC and Marvel fettingbit sll at once. 

( Alternate time line and the material in first two series led to this.)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2018, 12:42:00 pm »

A: Contact the best agency around, Walter and Wyatt.

We have the money so we might as well go for the best.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9