Home Fleet
- 0 (0%)
Arena
- 1 (25%)
Hunters Inc
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Fotron Comics: Moving Forward  (Read 6787 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fotron Comics: One Step Forward
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2018, 11:46:24 pm »

Alrighty letting you folks until tomorrow night, then it goes forward.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2018, 08:34:31 pm »

The genres I went for were popular in the 40's.

Name: Howard Goldstein

Stats:
 Writing: 3
 Penciling: 2
 Inking: 1
 Coloring: 1
 Lettering: 1
 Editing: 1

Genres:
 Super Heroes
 Military
 Mystery

Perks:
 Publishing House
 Sponsors

( Time to begin.)

1947, New York, New York.

The war was over, the Allies had won and for one Mr Goldstein, there was two pieces of news. The first was that the printing press/publishing house was now given to him, as his father gave it over in retirement, and that mean old goat, Aunt Claudia had passed, but the rich old hag had a soft spot for him. So, lifted him a sum of cash. Her will even spoke out.

“ To my darling Nephew. With this, follow your dreams. As you made this old woman proud.”

- 100,000 dollars ( She was rich, and rolled this.)

At the publishing house the sign now had Fotron Comics on it, as there were boxes of books though, as soon enough a new face. The one who had worked under his family and now partner in comics.

He was soft spoken despite his large body, which made it a little odd. Franklin Conrad was his name. His eyes shine as he spoke. “ Way to go Chief. Now on with the show. Truthfully all I have done is sell books. But this is way more exciting.”

Conrad guides  Howard to his office and spoke up.

“ What will it be Chief?”

What to do:

Each turn has four phases, each phase is a week, so a month. Sell comics and books to earn money. Money is spent on staff and mass scaling of books ( as you have printing presses, do not have to pay for that.) And each comic is based on idea.

Biggest a typical comic issue is 18 pages. Maximum anthology books are like 60. But comics get pricey based on this. Also can always sell paper backs (cheaper, but sell faster) or hard cover ( more expensive, but price and tougher in handling.)

Since you got Sponsors, dedicate 1-4 pages to sell ads which add that extra cash.

What you can do now.

Hire Staff ( which you will need.) Cost obviously, depends on talents of person(s) hired.
Go to library ( study more genres.)
Go to book store ( ask what’s on sell.)
Practice: Bump up a stat up.

Make comics: Need a writer and staff to make it out. Die rolls based on how complex ( simple stuff passes easier but may not less fans.) While complex and such harder rolls, but count as bold and thread setting.

Look over books: Got a box already, have yourself or Conrad do it. To see what is good and what is not.
Pick which ones to sell.
Ask Conrad: He is your first npc, and he managed the press before loaned to you. He managed to get the employees of presses to stay. But yes he is a “hint” and hints cost nothing.

Each phase can do three things that week.

Conrad Stats with creative perks.

Stats:
Writing: 4
Pencils: 3
Ink: 0
Coloring: 0
Lettering: 0
Editing: 5 ( well he spent time seeing what is crap and what’s not.)

Perks:
Talented (12 points at start)

Imagination: Due to mind and blend stuff together, can mold genres to make new genres. ( Note anyway can do any genre, just if not selected as a favorite, get a -2 modifier in total.)

Genres: Since Howard Goldstein got those, picked these for “variety.”

Science Fiction
Fantasy
Horror ( This one is a big deal as comic code event happens in 60s. If lasts that long and can even legally fight it. Heck on this time line may end up defeated.)

Note: Made Franklin this way to represent him just reading and editing. Writing comes from reading so much feels can work tropes. And penciling as a hobby.

Mainly the writing so two comics can be done in a week.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2018, 09:00:12 pm »

Look if any artists want a job. We need to clear up the coloring and inking sections.

Avanti!

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2018, 09:32:09 pm »

Week 1

Action 1 of 3

Hire Staff idea

Notice: Each Time staff hire, different people. With different stats (10 instead of 9) And one perk. To activate said perk though, got to “talk” to them.

Ic

It was the very opening of the business that as was our, Fotron Comics looking for talent. Well, it got many answers. You were still new to this so it was rather strange. Especially at what talent wanted the ad. All in all Conrad went over a interview process as well and hands over those he looked up.

1: Rosalina Myers: She quit her job at Disney because she got tired of coloring in the same pages day in and day out. She still had ink in her hands which was implied she had tried doing art. Obviously the money is not good. So she is here. That and really strung out. Like loaded with coffee as she was smoking in the waiting room.

Her? Why her? As Franklin puts it. “ She is not bad. If she got a job at Disney. Did you see Snow White?

Stats:

Writing:0
Penciling:2
Ink:3
Coloring:3
Lettering:2
Editing: 0

Perk: Disgruntled Artist: Being a x animator. Is so skilled count a reroll should a art roll flop. Truly can out Brush the rest.

? ( Ask which genre to find out latter. And no more characters get three genres in that pool.)

Price: 5k

2:

Milo Rigs: Used to do cartoon strips in newspapers. Quit because had issues with his boss. He hardly speaks, if you could even call it that

Why? As Conrad explains “ He drew for a living and fans of his work will show up.

Stats:

Writing:0
Pencils:5
Ink:0
Coloring:0
Lettering:5
Editing:0

Perk: Name basis: People who knew his writing will gladly buy our book to see how he does.

Genre:??

Price: 7k.

3:

Lou Dillion: He claims to be able to do it all. Some upbeat kid from art school looking to make it big.

Stats:
Writing:2
Penciling:2
Inking:2
Lettering:2
Editing:1

Perk: Talented: Due to Staff getting 10 and Talented gives 3. Has 13 stat points.

Genre:???

Price: 2k

“ Why him?” Goldstein asks.

“ Because he seems to have drive and he has no job experience. So he will be cheap.”

Stella Perkins: A stay at home mother who does children’s books on the side. She even got some of them published in your building.

Why?  Because she already has made good, and let’s see if she can handle it.

Stats:
Writing:2
Penciling: 1
Inking:3
Lettering:1
Editing:0

Perk: Power of the Brush: If working on genre she loves inking and coloring goes up +2 in modifier.
Genre:???

Price: 6k due to getting more shares in work.

Now:

Who do you wanna hire? As in this to make comics need to assign people to said projects.

This is first act, two more to go.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2018, 08:36:10 am »

I say we hire Rosalina Myers, and we should start designing character concepts.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2018, 08:49:17 am »

Note: Great Pick But goingbto Wait I’m updating, as you can pick more than one, as you gotta remember. You and staff have to work on them together. This maybe a SG, but the core theme is that writers can write scripts for new stuf. But need Artist so people can see results.

( So I will wait two days in real time or more votes. That’s my SG style, more votes the quicker. But it will keep going, as long two people vote.)

( Well I jumped ahead with staff. Because the studio needs people, needs people badly. As in you can hire more than 1. If you want.)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 03:15:57 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2018, 01:50:21 pm »

I say we hire Rosalina Myers, and we should start designing character concepts.
+1
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fotron Comics: Time for the Drawing Board
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2018, 09:34:26 pm »

( Well time to update.)

After Howard Goldstein made his choice, Conrad spoke up.

“ Well just one of them? I would have got them all but the art beat. But your the boss.”

He then gives the news, three left. One remains.

“ Rosalina  Myers. Welcome to the company.”

Latter that day, everyone was in concept room. Pencils and such to make character concepts.:

Roll:  6 on Imagination chart.

Example of character concept/ story

Name of Comic: Knight
Genre: Dark Fantasy ( Conrad using Horror and Fantasy together.)
Plot: A mysterious young man in a grimmand dark world. He slays monsters and rights wrings.
Star: Our nameless knight
Obstacles: The wicked world and the stuff that makes it bad.

Now with the list template, Mr Goldstein make something. Then die results for concepts.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2018, 09:46:43 pm »

Name: Call of Darkness
Genre: Eldritch Horror (Horror+Mystery)
Plot: Not all is what it seems. Behind closed doors and in darkened rooms, there is a conspiracy to rival the greatest of history, unknown creatures bent on spreading madness and decay. To stop it, the threat must be understood. but to understand the threat, one must go mad.
Star: Cliff Daniels, an experienced private detective.
Obstacles: Sanity, dread, and the paradoxical terror that comes with threats beyond the physical plane.

Lets do some Lovecraft with Conrad.

Avanti!

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2018, 10:00:11 pm »

Good because Knight was just a prototype. So the Lovecraft is valid. It would be a xo op thing as Goldstein knows mystery, Conrad knows horror ( the library power up can fix that so can do solo.)

And aside being a helper Conrad got 5 in Editting, which is a huge deal as this means the finished product will not be crap.

But yes. Let’s go with concept art!

Franklin Conrad and Rosalina got to work.

+ 5 Of 6 in art roll

Cue forbidding halls, creepy manor, the Art work is currently akin to Hellboy. The Detective has the trench coat with five on clock shadow, with a scar on forehead as a hint of crap he gets into. In his left hand a book, in the other his gun.

As for monsters? Horrid mixes of bug, amphibian and squid.  Several different types mentioned as Franklin spoke.

“ And do not forget Howard, you do the detective jargon, and we do the script. Just we both do dialogue.”

Rosalina seems content. “ Beats entertaining snot nose kids. A solid chance to scare them for a change. Eat your heart out Walt.”

The size of story depends. If one issue of 28 pages, could be done this week. And put ads in for 14 pages of work and four ads for cash. And still three more weeks for things to happen. Rosalina mentions could do a series piece. Where multiple stories in one book.

What now Howard Goldstein?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fotron Comics: Venturing onto the pages
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2018, 04:04:52 am »

Make the one issue of 28 pages, with one story.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2018, 08:56:22 am »

24 for plot and 4 for Ads correct? Keep in mind last week of month do the comics/published books get sold/spread out. So can do multiple comics a month and the rest of the month do other things.

Because yes this is plot post now.

Ic

The team of three worked on their first project, took rest of the first eeek to do but it was done. Call of Darkness issue 1. The cover was Cliff in Drtective uniform facing a open door way, said door way filled with horrors. Also the FC label on the corner. Inside wasva great plot with twists, turns, and horrors and the trusty Sponsors. Bubble Gum, Charles Atlas Thing, and other products.

Due to Franklin Conrad’s editting, it went off without a hitch. And press was making the copies. Then everyone mellows out, even Rosalina Myers seems calm.

“ This sure does beat working in a studio, coloring in the same stuff for hours at a time.”

“ Well I find it exciting. Our product is going to True heads.” Franklin said.”

Goldstein smirks and adds in. “ What matters the most is our product is s good stabdRd to go by. Excellence is the best you get.” Confident that the book would sell. As the boss made mental note that this was the first comic of its kind, making a new genre. That alone was worth it.

Week 2

The piles of copies were in their boxes. The only thing to cost studio cash was sending them out to the public, which was a joke. But still, it is like a gamble.

Week 2: 0/3

What is the action now?

( Can do anything again really. Even another book so when it’s time, just Zerg spam market. Or study things, upgrade staff or etc.)

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2018, 02:44:46 pm »

Before the issues roll out from the studio, splice in a page of survey questions to find out what people like and dislike about Call of Darkness. People can mail the page back in, and we can get an idea of what appeals to who. Afterwards, let's have Rosalina work on Lettering, so we can get some font creativity. Howard can work on his knowledge of how to write Eldritch Horror properly.

Avanti!

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2018, 05:07:53 pm »

Before the issues roll out from the studio, splice in a page of survey questions to find out what people like and dislike about Call of Darkness. People can mail the page back in, and we can get an idea of what appeals to who. Afterwards, let's have Rosalina work on Lettering, so we can get some font creativity. Howard can work on his knowledge of how to write Eldritch Horror properly.
+1
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2018, 06:18:38 pm »

Rosalina took up with more variety of lettering and boxes for words and style of words. (3 now instead of two.)

Franklin Co rad and Henry Goldstein got into a discussion.

Goldstein: Well what we did was true ground breaking stuff. So tell me Franklin. How do you know what’s scary?

Franklin: I read a lot of horror. We also published novellas and penny dreadful son the past. So I took form of what I read but in a context I find works. If you wish to learn? I can give you pointers? In exchange you lend me your comic book collection.

Howard: Really? Consider it done!

Howard: Knows Horror, can do horror scripts without Franklins help

Franklin: Decided to give super hero comics a try. Now has super hero in genres.

Staff upgrade phase over with poll work.

Two actions left week two.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9