Home Fleet
- 0 (0%)
Arena
- 1 (25%)
Hunters Inc
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Fotron Comics: Moving Forward  (Read 6782 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fotron Comics: Moving Forward
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2018, 06:30:30 am »

These look good.

2: Hunters of the Dark: Horror/ Super hero deal. Where a organization dedicated to keeping world secure from bad things exist. Think a Western version of Hellsing the manga.

5: Imaginary: Meta humor super hero stuff where our hero exists in the land of ideas, dealing with things and is doomed to never have his own series but helps others get published.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2018, 11:19:40 am »

Note:  Due to it being so much. Brian going to do something.

Goldstein: I like these the best. We can work with this.

Brian: Well I heard you did the book research. So Imaginary makes sense. As for Hunters, gave the excuse that these people are super human killing machines against the threats. I am willing to work on these two. And Andrea can take over for Goo.

Andrea: What?! Your giving me one of your stories? I am honored.

Brian: You are my wife and you know the notes. I am sure it will be in good hands.

Now then, let’s get to work.

Results!

Goo: 14, 20, 15.  Sold well. 100k . Everyone is shocked that a woman is now doing the whole book, shocked in a pleasant way. This actually gets some women rights women motivation that they can do men’s work. Despite fact Andrea did it because her husband let her do it.

Imaginary:  20, 20, 8.  Another monster hit, playing on tropes and ideas that are popular in general while in a made up world where ideas run free. Though there is backlash with DC and Marvel because it is parody work of guys like Batman, Superman, And so forth. 200k.

Hunters of the Dark:  15, 19, 10. Here the back lash is it has to be a mail order comic. Fans eat it up though as in this, a modern horror/fantasy world with sci fi elements. Sold great though to see a different take than Call of Darkness. 150 k. Also well a tiny bit of backlash, due to metaphysics of said work triggered some uppity Christians.

24 k for ads
120 for foreign sales
15 k education deal.
30k for books
20k for Goo royalties as ads. ( Vitamins for kids, tooth brushes, and stickers.)

Rolling in the dough but now such a big star. May get competition, and not just real guys here.  ( Will now trigger ribaldry rules process next turn.)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2018, 01:59:10 pm »

We should get work on Rover, call of darkness, goo, hunters of the dark, and imaginary.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2018, 02:15:17 pm »

: Due to heavy work schedule I’m doing everything including planning, fatigue is kicking in as no one seems able to do anything. Rosa looked over the work.:

Rosa: This is no good. We can hire people as we got the space, or even buy out a smaller company, sell their stuff and force them to work with us.

Dona: The staff are only human after all. Plus DC did that in buying Charltan Comics.

: Brian meanwhile pencil in hand still doing scripts. Diligent as a monk, though his hair a tumbled mass of curls and looks tired. Like a buff version of BobbDylan who does this instead of music, before passing out on desk.;

Val: Second time that has happened today.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2018, 02:52:40 pm »

Lets hire more people.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2018, 12:06:20 am »

Note: Due to new policy there is a screening of What these new people actually know, genre wise and due to upgraded time, instead of 1 it’s three. ( People growing up more on books.)

: Cue the recruitment drive. As many people sign up and Brian and Goldstein did the interviews. Brian got a hair cut to show that yes, this is a profession. After the interviews everyone discusses results.:

In the discussion these names come out. It was a lousy hiring drive as most of them had no idea of industry or who the hell the company writes about! ( Rolled a two I. Hiring drive results, hence two.)

The new talent:

Tina Page: A rising female author in the business. Authorship that is. So new meat for the plotting/writing department.

Writing:5
Penciling:2
Inking:1
Coloring:3
Lettering:5
Editing: 5

Genre:
Horror
Romance
Classic

Perk: Expert Opinion: Has been through weird life experiences andcwrites them down on page for describing better details.

Cost: 25k
Paul McMan: A worker who served in the newspaper funny comics. His main strip was “ Small World” that had far out ideas.

Writing: 3
Penciling:4
Inking:3
Coloring:3
Lettering:3
Editing:4

Genres:
Comedy
Military
Fantasy

Perk: Big name: Name value sells big!

Cost: 25k

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2018, 05:33:54 am »

Lets hire them both:
Paul McMan
Tina Page

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2018, 10:47:39 am »

As the two obvious choices got hired. Their skills are to the following.

Tina could tap into the girl stuff or even help with Call of Darkness Given horror roots. Paul meanwhile either reprints his comedy stuff or makes up me material on the spot.:

Tina Project idea: Zero for now, rather be helping.

Paul: There is two ideas he has, both fantasy and military mix.

Conquest: In a fictional kingdom Civil War breaks out as various leaders and nobles playbthe game to try to unite the land to their colors

Arcane Gun Powder: Parrallel universe of fictionalized 1700s world where there is muskets, flying ships, non humans  and magic of course.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2018, 04:16:50 am »

I like the sound of Arcane Gun Powder.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2018, 02:32:33 pm »

Arcane Gun Power: 16, 1, 18.

Well it sold, but the niche of fantasy and old world speak is not selling well with fans. Maybe should hire writer help. The art work and idea is praised though despite it seems to be the most mature minded project yet. It can get better fan base. Just the language and maybe more creativity and less military jargon.

Everyone admits that the brief aerial battle between sky ships was awesome though.

16k. (14k due to it being work of famous author and a bonus 2k for ads.) Kids not like, adults love. Praised for rule of cool but characters are currently flat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 17, 2018, 07:35:58 am »

We should do some more Rover, call of darkness, goo, hunters of the dark, imaginary, and Arcane Gun Power.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 17, 2018, 12:27:43 pm »

Last week of the month and the order is in. Paul, Dona, and Rosa all share and talk the idea over.

“ We could do a Fotron Tales Book. Another 60 set piece once a month. So it adversities for all our books and main gain interests. The adult stuff would be censored down but it’s like giving ourselves a ad.”

Also there was a phone call. Val picks up. Afterwards a announcement. Remember 50s so tv is brand new.

Val: “ Hey Guys! CBS just called. They are going to do interviews with the big three, including us!” Big three being DC, Marvel and them.

“ Not all at same time wevrach get a night. They want to know who will show up, if we do this?”

Paul: Would be great promotional material. Though I doubt I can go, just a former taxi driver turned cartoonist and you guys all have been here longer.”

Tina: Same, But HowRd is the Boss, he should defirineticely agree to go, maybe Dona and Veian too?” Keeping up with the idea of the holy trinity famil wise of who made this company great.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 18, 2018, 06:23:35 am »

I like the idea of a 60 page book that has adverts for our comics in it.

I say Howard and Brian should go, then ask everyone else if they want to go as well.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 18, 2018, 10:04:34 am »

Fotron Comics presents: 17, 8, 14.

It worked. You manage to shove all stories currently at print. It raised awareness to the company’s stuff and people are thrilled. Now getting more book members as well as last page ads for the books.

Money: 16k plus 10 k in book sales. More popular now.

As for the Interview.

Score: 18. Of 20.

The gang decided just the two of them. As Dona and Andrea had to take care of the kids and all staff watching she kids are asleep at Goldsteins place.

The show

: Late night news program, as Howard was in a nice business suit, Brian looks like Bob Dylan in store, his signature wild man curls chopped for interview, but no shades or nothing. Both men look presentable.:

Anchor: So gentlemen, you two run a company that has risen to compete. What got you the idea?

Howard: Well my family owned a book print press, and Inloced comics growing up, so when it was my turn to own. Well, turned it into the comic company you all know. :?Cery professional yet likable.

Brian: He spoke in a voice Akin to Tom Waits. “ Well I was just some kid with a dream. My good friend Howard gave me that chance. Thank you Howard, and well everything led to this. : Very casual, not rude. But trying to show has no stress.

Anchor: Well what has inspired your work?

Howard: I Love  a good story and wish to bring it to light. Stuck with horror because I just love the genre.

Brian: I project my feelings onto paper. That’s my trick.

Anchor: So it is true, Jotun was from nightmares after your wreck?

Brian: Bingo.

Anchor: So what is the future for you guys? And did you know other company’s are calling you guys the House that Conrad built?

Howard: We will work on our projects until people do not want them anymore. And that is in poor taste. Franklin was a rock for me. He was a good friend and a good man. But we built everything together.

Brian: Yeah, all the staff would and sometimes still have fun around the office and stuff. Franklin was cool to work with and he had a sharp sense of humor. I agree with Howard.

Howard: Oh yes, no one built our success. We are a family, it’s a joint effort.”

: Cue other questions.:

End result: Public image +40. Beating fast the original satanic depiction  the company had.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 19, 2018, 07:54:07 am »

Well that was a success, we go even more rep.

Now lets get back to the books we do, Rover, call of darkness, goo, hunters of the dark, imaginary, and Arcane Gun Power.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9