Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 527156 times)

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #6315 on: September 29, 2024, 04:21:35 pm »

Cheese biome.
If you're so sure that you're gonna end up killing all of dwarven civilization, why not make a statue depicting 2147483647 dead dwarves, all of which are burning? Name it something good, like Deaddead the Dead Dead Dead-Dead of Dying. Just put it in the main hall or something, as a grim reminder that they're all gonna die.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6316 on: September 29, 2024, 05:59:27 pm »

Cheese biome.
Wrong thread, this has no home here. That's an idea you cannot pan, here. It would be a fete accompli and I must back a concept like this! Ya' gotta say it might not be without parallel, but still tons better than most of the crowd, eh. Or am I going out on a limb, or going major rose-tinted-spectacles about this..?

(Boy, this was way harder to write than I thought it would be...)

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6317 on: September 29, 2024, 08:22:08 pm »

Looking back on it cheese biome isn’t really a bad suggestion. I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw some variation of that in myth & magic.

An actual bad suggestion would be to make it rain cats and dogs in evil biomes.
If you're so sure that you're gonna end up killing all of dwarven civilization, why not make a statue depicting 2147483647 dead dwarves, all of which are burning? Name it something good, like Deaddead the Dead Dead Dead-Dead of Dying. Just put it in the main hall or something, as a grim reminder that they're all gonna die.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6318 on: September 29, 2024, 11:00:41 pm »

Suggestion: Concurrent Fortress Mode and Adventure Mode within the same World.

You play 1 in-game year in Fortress Mode, then it say "meanwhile" and switches to Adventure Mode and you play 1 in-game year as your adventurer.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6319 on: September 30, 2024, 12:47:39 am »

An actual bad suggestion would be to make it rain cats and dogs in evil biomes.

Yet again, not a bad suggestion!

You play 1 in-game year in Fortress Mode, then it say "meanwhile" and switches to Adventure Mode and you play 1 in-game year as your adventurer.

I actually wish there was an option to do something like this.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6320 on: September 30, 2024, 01:25:17 am »

I actually wish there was an option to do something like this.

Me too, but not exactly like that since 1 in-game year is like 2 hours of real time in fortress mode, but 11 days of real time in adventure mode. Maybe just a way to go on an adventure without retiring a fortress.

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6321 on: September 30, 2024, 10:40:49 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's all fun and games until you consider the possible performance issues caused by such peculiar weather.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6322 on: September 30, 2024, 11:43:00 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's all fun and games until you consider the possible performance issues caused by such peculiar weather.

Catsplosion 2.0
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6323 on: October 01, 2024, 01:30:40 am »

When giving birth cats should have a chance to explode, this explosion is about as strong as a small nuclear bomb.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6324 on: October 01, 2024, 06:07:41 am »

They explode into diarrhea, to be precise.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6325 on: October 01, 2024, 12:18:49 pm »

Fudge shops.
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6326 on: October 01, 2024, 03:07:14 pm »

The fudge can be used as a weapon. Also, one fudge per shop. And I don't mean one fudge at a time. If you want to sell another fudge, you will need to build another fudge shop.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6327 on: October 01, 2024, 03:15:37 pm »

The fudge can be used as a weapon. Also, one fudge per shop. And I don't mean one fudge at a time. If you want to sell another fudge, you will need to build another fudge shop.

Makes sense. Fudge is a weapon of mass destruction that they wouldn't want to give out to just any dwarf.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6328 on: October 01, 2024, 07:18:56 pm »

Makes sense. Fudge is a weapon of mass destruction that they wouldn't want to give out to just any dwarf.

Which is why they give it out to everyone!
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6329 on: October 02, 2024, 12:47:41 am »

Just imagine it an entire army armed and armoured with fudge, my god it's terrifying!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423