Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 420

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 520602 times)

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #6180 on: August 14, 2024, 07:33:35 pm »

Kill cross platform support.

DPh Kraken

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN:she:her:herself][PRONOUN:it:its:itself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6181 on: August 14, 2024, 08:47:17 pm »

Dwarves will be released to your computer, you boot it up and you wonder where Wine went...
[CHEESE_PLANT] and [CHEESE_GRAPHICS] biggest fan
My mods:
Language & symbolsMiscellanyGraphics resourcesPseudo-ASCII

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6182 on: August 14, 2024, 09:43:40 pm »

Ban people who poke fun at the setbacks of the premium version in this thread.
If you're so sure that you're gonna end up killing all of dwarven civilization, why not make a statue depicting 2147483647 dead dwarves, all of which are burning? Name it something good, like Deaddead the Dead Dead Dead-Dead of Dying. Just put it in the main hall or something, as a grim reminder that they're all gonna die.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6183 on: August 14, 2024, 09:46:54 pm »

Dwarves will be released to your computer, you boot it up and you wonder where Wine went...

…and, if you have a Windows machine, they’ll bet their last strand of candy!
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6184 on: August 15, 2024, 12:38:28 am »

Stop developing DF and use the money gained from Premium to start a sock manufacturing company.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6185 on: August 15, 2024, 03:04:57 am »

Why do that when he could us that money to build sock fort.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6186 on: August 15, 2024, 06:35:11 am »

Lizard men should try to sell you wagon insurance
If you're so sure that you're gonna end up killing all of dwarven civilization, why not make a statue depicting 2147483647 dead dwarves, all of which are burning? Name it something good, like Deaddead the Dead Dead Dead-Dead of Dying. Just put it in the main hall or something, as a grim reminder that they're all gonna die.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6187 on: August 15, 2024, 03:35:35 pm »

Why do that when he could us that money to build sock fort.

Because sock forts are fun and therefore the idea isn't terrible enough for this thread.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6188 on: August 15, 2024, 09:16:29 pm »

Also, a certain dwarf with multiple personalities that all hate themselves, wrote a post where they brought up an important matter.  The complete absence of elderly clowns.  The clowns that come out of the clown car may be thousands of years old, but they appear just as young as when the world was new.  Clearly this is ageist and needs to be remedied post haste!

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6189 on: August 24, 2024, 01:15:33 pm »

Also, a certain dwarf with multiple personalities that all hate themselves, wrote a post where they brought up an important matter.  The complete absence of elderly clowns.  The clowns that come out of the clown car may be thousands of years old, but they appear just as young as when the world was new.  Clearly this is ageist and needs to be remedied post haste!

Hey...come to think of it, the same is true of elves, goblins, and megabeasts. What was Toady thinking?
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6190 on: August 24, 2024, 04:49:03 pm »

Hey...come to think of it, the same is true of elves, goblins, and megabeasts. What was Toady thinking?

Is this really a bad suggestion? I mean it would be cool if they slowly aged despite their immortality.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6191 on: August 25, 2024, 12:28:18 am »

Is this really a bad suggestion? I mean it would be cool if they slowly aged despite their immortality.

I’d prefer a mixture of things chosen procedurally.

Edit:

Almost forgot:  Make dwarves shearable.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6192 on: August 25, 2024, 02:59:14 am »

Almost forgot:  Make dwarves shearable.

Specifically from their nether regions.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6193 on: August 25, 2024, 06:24:01 pm »

Dwarf lady beard cloth thongs
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6194 on: August 26, 2024, 09:37:03 am »

Dwarf lady beard cloth thongs
... decorated with spikes of dwarf nether region hair.
FPS in Gravearmor (925+ dwarves) is 2-5 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 420