Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 420

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 520670 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #6090 on: July 01, 2024, 02:21:40 pm »

Add underground Gass pockets which causes explosions.
she/her

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: July 02, 2024, 02:39:17 am »

That's good idea, it doesn't belong here! But if we're going to make it terrible we'd need to replace all air with explosive gas so if there's even a little spark the entire game explodes.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: July 02, 2024, 02:41:12 am »

That's good idea, it doesn't belong here! But if we're going to make it terrible we'd need to replace all air with explosive gas so if there's even a little spark the entire game explodes.

Why would underground Gass pockets be a good idea?  I could se underground gas pockets being a good addition, but Gass pockets?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: July 02, 2024, 04:45:09 am »

Why would underground Gass pockets be a good idea?  I could se underground gas pockets being a good addition, but Gass pockets?

Given the unisex[1] nature of clothing and the general lack of pockets in dresses/etc, we need Gass clutch-bags, or equivalent (also unisex[1], naturally).

[1] Really should be "omnisex", but apparently hairdressers thought they'd use this term instead, so it stuck.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: July 02, 2024, 11:30:55 am »

Every dwarf has a desperate need for Gass clutch-bags. Without them, the unhappiness is unmanageable.
FPS in Gravearmor (925+ dwarves) is 2-5 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: July 02, 2024, 11:56:52 am »

Dwarves that don't have Gass clutch-bags become insanely envious of those that have them and go berserk if they see someone with one. This applies to newborn dwarves too and they immediately are crazed if their mother has one at the moment of birth.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: July 03, 2024, 12:30:13 am »

Dwarves fighting over Gass clutch-bags must be careful as to not disturb the hidden pocket inside, that when disturbed will explode will kill anyone nearby and also activate the explosive pockets of other nearby Gass clutch-bags potentially causing a chain reaction that will destroy the entire fort.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: July 03, 2024, 11:42:25 am »

All dwarves without Gass clutch-bags develop strong needs to carry lit torches at all times.
FPS in Gravearmor (925+ dwarves) is 2-5 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: July 03, 2024, 05:05:17 pm »

Use the gass to develop flamethrowers to burn the elves and their tree cities!   Oh sorry, that came out wrong.  To subdue the tree huggers.  Yes, that sounds more peaceful.
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6099 on: July 06, 2024, 12:51:20 am »

Allowing the player to see and hear what is going on in the game while their adventurer is unconscious is giving them information that they should not have.  Therefore, the game should play a non-skippable full-screen ad during this time.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6100 on: July 06, 2024, 05:41:55 am »

The game should continue, but disjointedly and surrealistically and following no logic ...because it's all just a dream!

The jolt back to 'waking play' will depend upon the context of the dream, which may depend upon the context of the prior day's adventuring.

(I mean, for me, it revolved around some strange belief that Thorium had the atomic number 35, several geographic locations weren't always as next to each other in any meaningful way and trying to work out where one of my socks had gone to. A dwarf might be obsessing over a particular mystical metal, be subject to a changing and virtually unnavigable tunnel system and vehemently trying to find an apparently missing sock.)

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6101 on: July 10, 2024, 12:36:47 am »

Remove all of the raws, except for dwarves and plump helmets.

Replace all of premium's official graphics with chibi anime sprite artwork.
And revamp social interactions in game, in order to make Df more of a procedural dating-sim simulator.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2024, 12:44:43 am by dikbutdagrate »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6102 on: July 10, 2024, 01:11:02 am »

Toady should dump Dwarf Fortress in favor of working on an anime game about whatever it is that people that like anime stuff like.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6103 on: July 10, 2024, 04:22:35 am »

Dating sims.

Toady should hurry up and program the dating sim part of adventure mode. Give us the features we really want.

Which, coincidentally, is a goal I've been long hoping the game could reach. You can't have a centuries long dynasty if your character can't get married, duh.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6104 on: July 10, 2024, 04:39:49 am »

Dating sims.

Toady should hurry up and program the dating sim part of adventure mode. Give us the features we really want.

Which, coincidentally, is a goal I've been long hoping the game could reach. You can't have a centuries long dynasty if your character can't get married, duh.

You should only be able to date ogres in the game.
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 420