Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 420

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 520685 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #6075 on: June 26, 2024, 04:21:52 am »

The chatbot in question needs to be Microsoft Tay.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: June 27, 2024, 06:20:25 am »

A suggestion box for the Dwarfs in the Fortress. 
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: June 27, 2024, 06:53:54 am »

That could actually be a "post-Tutorial newbie-helper" feature. The game monitors all items of stress that a player has access to (but may not be doing so) and 'engineers' an announcement that "fifteen dwarves suggest that they'd not like to be caught in the rain any more" or "several animals are hungry" or even (if it is counted, and most significant) "invaders are reportedly upset at being heavily wounded".

Mechanically, it might require the complainants to pass by the(/a) designated meeting area, perhaps with a 'display case' or basic container built and configured there for the purpose. In which case those upset about being trapped in a badly-built well will probably not get a voice (unless somebody spots them and passes on their concerns). Nor any but the most tenatious/invasive invaders, who spared a moment to switch from rampage to "...yours, Disgusted from Tunbridge Wells (Mrs)" mode as they swept (by this point, unopposed?) through the relevent balloting-area.

The particular suggestion-hint involved could be made one-time (or optionally, via interface tickbox, and/or pre-filtered by otherwise indicating you're to skip ever being made aware of an issue-type/family, and/or exluded by visiting enough of the relevent qualifying 'source infopanes' already). If it does display, it adds a link to the example instance(s) of this information as a manner of pointing out where you can keep an eye on this in future (post-Tutorial tutoring option).

It could still be annoying. Countless dwarves 'suggesting' that meals start contain various ingredients that they love (but which you are unlikely ever to get) or other nonsense, which could be never-ending as more and more recent m8grants arrive with ever new petty and yet unsatisfiable needs, just different enough to need proactive/reactive acknowledgement of their 'suggestions'/insignificant-gripes.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: June 27, 2024, 07:36:08 am »

The suggestion helper box should have an assistant that looks like a paperclip and is called Clippy. It should pop up frequently to ask if you need help in something.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: June 27, 2024, 11:04:11 am »

The suggestion helper box should have an assistant that looks like a paperclip and is called Clippy. It should pop up frequently to ask if you need help in something.
:'( :'( :'( :'(
No, no, a thousand times... YES !!!!
FPS in Gravearmor (925+ dwarves) is 2-5 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: June 27, 2024, 12:24:44 pm »

That could actually be a "post-Tutorial newbie-helper" feature. The game monitors all items of stress that a player has access to (but may not be doing so) and 'engineers' an announcement that "fifteen dwarves suggest that they'd not like to be caught in the rain any more" or "several animals are hungry" or even (if it is counted, and most significant) "invaders are reportedly upset at being heavily wounded".

Mechanically, it might require the complainants to pass by the(/a) designated meeting area, perhaps with a 'display case' or basic container built and configured there for the purpose. In which case those upset about being trapped in a badly-built well will probably not get a voice (unless somebody spots them and passes on their concerns). Nor any but the most tenatious/invasive invaders, who spared a moment to switch from rampage to "...yours, Disgusted from Tunbridge Wells (Mrs)" mode as they swept (by this point, unopposed?) through the relevent balloting-area.

The particular suggestion-hint involved could be made one-time (or optionally, via interface tickbox, and/or pre-filtered by otherwise indicating you're to skip ever being made aware of an issue-type/family, and/or exluded by visiting enough of the relevent qualifying 'source infopanes' already). If it does display, it adds a link to the example instance(s) of this information as a manner of pointing out where you can keep an eye on this in future (post-Tutorial tutoring option).

It could still be annoying. Countless dwarves 'suggesting' that meals start contain various ingredients that they love (but which you are unlikely ever to get) or other nonsense, which could be never-ending as more and more recent m8grants arrive with ever new petty and yet unsatisfiable needs, just different enough to need proactive/reactive acknowledgement of their 'suggestions'/insignificant-gripes.

This is actually a really good suggestion. It should be formally posted as such. (Not it!)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: June 27, 2024, 09:13:46 pm »

Every time a cook makes a gingerbread man, it should come alive and attempt to path off the map.  All other creatures should immediately cancel their other jobs (if any) in order to “Hunt <insert gingerbread man’s name here>!”, and should immediately devour the entire gingerbread man if successful in their hunt.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: June 28, 2024, 03:14:33 am »

Gingerbread men should have a chance to survive being devoured and be able to eat their way out of whoever ate them, this being massively upsetting to anyone around when it happens.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: June 28, 2024, 05:49:51 am »

Hey, everyone!  I’m thinking about starting a new forum game down in “Forum Games and Role-Playing”.  It’s called “Repeat what the last poster said.”.  Basically, you just repeat what the last poster said, word for word.  That’s all there is to it!  What does everyone think?

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6084 on: June 28, 2024, 10:56:03 am »

Hey, everyone!  I’m thinking about starting a new forum game down in “Forum Games and Role-Playing”.  It’s called “Repeat what the last poster said.”.  Basically, you just repeat what the last poster said, word for word.  That’s all there is to it!  What does everyone think?
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6085 on: June 29, 2024, 01:31:08 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: June 29, 2024, 07:37:57 pm »

If we are going to use AI chatbots link them to the animals.    :)
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: June 30, 2024, 10:11:47 am »

We are the animals.  The game should transform each player into a random DF animal while they play the game.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: June 30, 2024, 10:18:08 am »

The game should transform each player into a random DF animal while they play the game.

Due to a bug this is always some type of fish.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: July 01, 2024, 11:22:48 am »

The game should transform each player into a random DF animal while they play the game.
Due to a bug this is always some type of fish.
The transformation ends only when you quit the game.  Imagine a fish and a keyboard...
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 420