Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 423

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 527104 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #4290 on: March 05, 2022, 05:34:51 am »

And that is...I assume...different from the current default somehow?
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: March 06, 2022, 01:40:43 am »

And that is...I assume...different from the current default somehow?
Maybe more insane?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #4292 on: March 06, 2022, 02:37:31 am »

In the moving fortress arc, ignore weight so the player may load countless blocks of cobaltite onto a flying satellite, and use them as ammunition for orbital cave-in bombardment.

Oh wait, that's actually a great suggestion.  Hm... Allow non-player sites to retaliate with a new siege engine that launches Tomahawks.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: March 07, 2022, 06:20:18 am »

Allow other races to launch barrels filled with pregnant cats, causing catsplosions all around.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #4294 on: March 08, 2022, 06:42:46 am »

Similar to GELDABLE, a CONTAINS_CHILD tag is added to the lower body of female creatures.  Wounding this body part on a pregnant creature can cause the fetus to pop out.

Mr Crabman

• Bay Watcher
  • A person with the head and pincers of a crab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: March 08, 2022, 02:13:39 pm »

Toady apparently reads at least the first post of every suggestion on this board. But that's not fair to all the people that post their suggestions in the wrong board/subforum, or aren't on Bay12 at all!

So Toady should read every post and every comment, on every forum or social media platform/website (the likes of Reddit, Youtube etc) related to DF, just in case someone makes a suggestion there.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: March 09, 2022, 02:18:08 am »

Everything on the internet should be beamed straight into Toady's mind.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: March 09, 2022, 03:09:26 am »

Since it's logically the fastest way to bring DF to 1.0: Toady should draw power from every mention of DF on or offline anywhere in the world until he develops godlike abilities.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: March 09, 2022, 11:59:45 am »

Since it's logically the fastest way to bring DF to 1.0: Toady should draw power from every mention of DF on or offline anywhere in the world until he develops godlike abilities.
This includes every word that contains "df".

My steadfast and disregardfully hardfisted grandfather is unmindful of the hundredfold decrease of goldfinches, fieldfares and wildfowl to the birdfeeder in the wildflower midfield, when he builds a windfarm and upon a deadful landfill site.
...just doing my bit. ;)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: March 10, 2022, 05:04:42 pm »

With his new godlike powers, Toady should make us dig out a dwarven fortress.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #4300 on: March 17, 2022, 12:30:29 pm »

Based on Mr. Crabman's suggestion to help modders use generated or modded materials, I propose all materials be duck-typed.  That is to say, materials can be flagged as coming from a duck.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: March 18, 2022, 01:32:03 am »

I can't wait for my fort to be attacked by a giant duck made of pieces of various ducks!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: March 18, 2022, 05:13:54 pm »

I can't wait for blob FB's made of some procedurally generated, invincible metal.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Mr Crabman

• Bay Watcher
  • A person with the head and pincers of a crab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: March 19, 2022, 08:09:32 am »

Since Steam apparently won't allow games with version numbers starting with 0, they should use a "countdown" from 2.0 to 1.0

For an example of what I mean, the current version 47.05 (under this new system) would be 1.52.95

That way the full official release of DF will be 1.0, as it should be, since anything else would just be confusing.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: March 19, 2022, 10:50:10 am »

Steam should pseudo-randomly[1] rearrange the numeric digits, and apply this new mapping to the visible version number of every release they host. For security/authentication purposes... or something?

(Valid under the thread-title, but I haven't checked to see if it falls under the remit given in the OP. ;))

[1] By recursively hashing and hash-of-hashing the release name, vendor name and the formula of the particular metal-halide chosen to be assigned upon the date of registering each project, until the ordering of all required digits is uniquely obtained.
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 423