Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 421

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 523497 times)

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #1650 on: April 17, 2020, 03:14:17 pm »

it's dragons all the way down
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: April 17, 2020, 04:48:56 pm »

.niap ot ni evig ot meht sesuac dna enob eht skaerb yllacitamotua ti ,t'nsi gel rewol s'tegrat eht dna deromra si toof ruoy fi ;tabmoc ni sgel gnitegrat nehw noitpo "nihs kcik" a
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: April 17, 2020, 05:13:53 pm »

.niap ot ni evig ot meht sesuac dna enob eht skaerb yllacitamotua ti ,t'nsi gel rewol s'tegrat eht dna deromra si toof ruoy fi ;tabmoc ni sgel gnitegrat nehw noitpo "nihs kcik" a
Lla sdrow era sdrawkcab won, neve niam unem

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: April 17, 2020, 06:03:48 pm »

Reading this gave me a migraine.  Truly a terrible suggestion on a whole new level.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: April 17, 2020, 07:08:10 pm »

TERRIBLE SUGGESTION ON A WHOLE NOTHER LEVEL, COMING THROUGH MY MIND

Performing poorly with instruments should inflict pain on anyone that can hear it, closer they are the more it hurts. Naturally, we also need the ability to intentionally fumble performance skill checks so we can do this on purpose.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: April 17, 2020, 08:12:01 pm »

Reading this gave me a migraine.  Truly a terrible suggestion on a whole new level.
I quoted it to better read it

Performing poorly with instruments should inflict pain on anyone that can hear it, closer they are the more it hurts. Naturally, we also need the ability to intentionally fumble performance skill checks so we can do this on purpose.
Damage is usually to the ears, can have a possibility of exploding the ears, can hurt the player of the instrument the most, as they are of course the closest to the ear breakers. Instruments that have caused ears to explode are now called ear breakers. This cannot be deleted or changed even when renaming

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: April 18, 2020, 07:35:20 am »

Damage is usually to the ears, can have a possibility of exploding the ears, can hurt the player of the instrument the most, as they are of course the closest to the ear breakers. Instruments that have caused ears to explode are now called ear breakers. This cannot be deleted or changed even when renaming

The ears are now the root body part all creatures have, replacing upper body. Any creature that loses its ears dies instantly, as if bisected (now called "ear-sected".)

Cave blobs are now called cave ears. Blob FBs are now forgotten ears. Giant sponges are now giant ear sponges. And so on.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 07:41:25 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: April 18, 2020, 01:24:17 pm »

Isn't this how bards work?

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: April 18, 2020, 03:30:45 pm »

Isn't this how bards work?
"Roll performance."
"That's a one."
"Their heads explode."
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: April 24, 2020, 08:06:00 am »

OH SNAP WE FORGOT TO MAKE ONE IN HONOR OF WEED MONTH.

Dorfs can craft pipes to smoke hemp buds marawanna.  If your dorfs do smoke marihwanya, they gain a happy thought but move slower and eat tons of food.  Smoking marinara also has a chance to teleport them to the bottom of the map, because IF YOU DO DRUGS, YOU'LL GO TO HELL BEFORE YOU DIE.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: April 24, 2020, 08:33:46 am »

Demons get confused, they think smoking marinara is the thing that keeps them here, since they see dwarves doing it. So demons smoke marinara too, and will try trading with dwarves to obtain it

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: April 24, 2020, 09:22:47 am »

Demons get confused, they think smoking marinara is the thing that keeps them here, since they see dwarves doing it. So demons smoke marinara too, and will try trading with dwarves to obtain it
The game already has tomatoes and garlic. Toady just needs to add olive oil and bay leaves and the dwarves can make marinara.

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: April 27, 2020, 02:03:56 pm »

The game already has tomatoes and garlic. Toady just needs to add olive oil and bay leaves and the dwarves can make marinara.
I thought we did have olive oil? By squeezing in the screw press?
Also, make dwarves need oil to reproduce.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: April 27, 2020, 06:11:40 pm »

Late reply:
Game calculation is also made via email. Players receive calculation tasks they have to solve and send back. When everything is calculated the game tick ends.
That would be a vilanious scheme of Toady to popularise math.
interesting. What happens when there is an error?
Crowdfortressing. Multiple people are sent the same calculations (e.g. whether cell [34,76,23] changes temperature and, if so, by how much) and their answers are compared[1]. Outliers are rejected (personal ratings downgrade) and concensus - if any - is reached (raising other personal ratings), or else further requests are made of more and more subscribers until one is. It would be distracting and inclined to generate bias to pass along the contexts, of course, so any value identities are randomised/normalised to entirely nonrelevant labels.

You have to the in the top 20% of those so rated to be the player in the game, to try to ensure at least five people are supporting (or trying to wreck) every tick of every actual game in progress. Though as no-one bothered to crowdcalculate that estimate it was not actually discovered to be a very very wrong assumption regarding those supply and demand quantities.

Can't remember if I/someone else suggested this before: Random reshuffling of Z-levels at various intervals. And a relatively high chance of total reversal of vertical order.

[1] This function is also crowdsourced, with further checked and balanced.

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: April 28, 2020, 04:10:44 pm »

Also, make dwarves need oil to reproduce.
What are they? Elves?
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 421