Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 420

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 520705 times)

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #6000 on: May 29, 2024, 11:38:49 am »

Forts should attract a new type of visitor, similar to vampires only instead of sucking blood, they recruit other dwarves into their Multi-Level Marketing scheme. If your Broker or any noble capable of issuing mandates becomes infected, it could have serious effects on the economy of your fort.
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6001 on: May 29, 2024, 12:38:25 pm »

Artifact theft is already a multi-level theft scheme. A multi-level marketing scheme should involve selling you artifacts. But you never get to use them for any purpose. They technically belong to whichever dwarf is at the bottom of the pyramid, and he won't drop them for any reason.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Wolfkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6002 on: May 29, 2024, 09:38:21 pm »

Artifact theft is already a multi-level theft scheme. A multi-level marketing scheme should involve selling you artifacts. But you never get to use them for any purpose. They technically belong to whichever dwarf is at the bottom of the pyramid, and he won't drop them for any reason.
To prevent the player from killing the dwarf to get the artifact, the dwarf becomes completely invincible.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6003 on: May 30, 2024, 02:35:24 am »

Add spam messengers that bring with them messages that are mostly scams, like the one about the Nigerian prince that needs most of your fort's wealth to do something and if you give it to him he will return with double the amount in a years time, this one is one of the most obvious as a scam as there isn't a Nigeria in Dwarf Fortress.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6004 on: May 30, 2024, 02:53:32 am »

Just for flavor, add a few such messages that turn out to be honest, and repay you in full with interest.

Then one of their accomplices tries to steal an artifact to sell off to complete someone elses' "investment" opportunity.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6005 on: May 30, 2024, 03:19:15 am »

Toady One should change the artwork used to create the UI so that it looks like it is made out of feces.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

TurboDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pangolins are kind of dwarfy, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6006 on: May 30, 2024, 01:26:51 pm »

Tavern keepers aren't allowed bathroom breaks so they piss in mugs. Dwarves literally can't tell the difference.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6007 on: May 30, 2024, 03:48:38 pm »

Add spam messengers that bring with them messages that are mostly scams, like the one about the Nigerian prince that needs most of your fort's wealth to do something and if you give it to him he will return with double the amount in a years time, this one is one of the most obvious as a scam as there isn't a Nigeria in Dwarf Fortress.

This also becomes the default modus operandi of [SKULKING] civs in DF.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6008 on: May 31, 2024, 02:07:58 am »

Humans (and only humans) should get a buff to their endurance when jogging (and only when jogging).  All other creatures (including other intelligent races) should receive a debuff to their endurance, no matter what they are doing.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6009 on: May 31, 2024, 01:34:09 pm »

Toady should add an AI chat engine to the game, not to simulate interactions between the player and npc characters in adventure mode but to just generate bullshit, especially in world history. Lies, everywhere.
I make Spellcrafts!

TurboDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pangolins are kind of dwarfy, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6010 on: June 01, 2024, 12:36:48 am »

All the simulation in the game should be replaced with a schizophrenic AI with dementia. Who was the person you were talking to 10 minutes ago? Who cares. Sitting in the tree, you suddenly notice a castle on a nearby branch.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6011 on: June 01, 2024, 01:20:32 am »

Replace the world generation that we have now with one that's powered by LSD and shrooms, so we can have a world made of bees and filled with talking mugs.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6012 on: June 01, 2024, 01:54:31 am »

The mugs tried to warn them, but the dwarves, being dwarves, tried to dig. It was inevitable.
I make Spellcrafts!

Heretical_Cactus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6013 on: June 03, 2024, 09:39:40 am »

All post should be in Dwarven language

Post not in said language would be deleted

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6014 on: June 03, 2024, 10:39:06 pm »

All post should be in Dwarven language

Post not in said language would be deleted

Mabdug ustos libash ogon. Etar arkoth kisat noval? Akim kovath, azkob bungek ned abshoth!
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 420