Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 423

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 525808 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #4695 on: July 23, 2022, 11:26:43 pm »

Speak for yourself, my UI is very helpful and tells me to sleep, eat food, and occasionally be sad for no particular reason.

Well then, I hope your personal UI will also be good enough to help you play DF.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: July 24, 2022, 03:54:57 am »

In order to increase the realism further multiplayer is added and PVP is enabled.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #4697 on: July 24, 2022, 11:28:02 am »

Due to political backlash, Necromancers get renamed to "Morally Gray Doctors".

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: July 24, 2022, 12:14:51 pm »

Due to political backlash, Necromancers get renamed to "Morally Gray Doctors".
Overly Enthusiastic Doctors.

Steedat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: July 25, 2022, 12:31:53 pm »

Your Chief Medical Dwarf can have a strange mood, claim a traction bench and another dwarf, and create an artifact zombie, becoming a Legendary Necromancer.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: July 25, 2022, 05:30:08 pm »

Your Chief Medical Dwarf can have a strange mood, claim a traction bench and another dwarf, and create an artifact zombie, becoming a Legendary Necromancer.

That'd actually be quite a good suggestion if combined with a macabre and/or fell mood.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: July 25, 2022, 05:52:51 pm »

...claim a traction bench, various separate body parts (obtained pre-severed from accidents, cut from corpses or cut from those who were not actually corpses until slightly before they were brought back[1]), thread and somehow invoke a thunderstorm and create a (Frankenstein's) Monster. Who would make a good Scholar, so long as the innate animosity and emnity of any normal dwarf (especially the creator) can be held in check and not provoke reciprocal rampages.

[1] "We did an autopsy on the victim, and discovered that the prime cause of death was 'Autopsy'..."

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: July 25, 2022, 07:06:46 pm »

...claim a traction bench, various separate body parts (obtained pre-severed from accidents, cut from corpses or cut from those who were not actually corpses until slightly before they were brought back[1]), thread and somehow invoke a thunderstorm and create a (Frankenstein's) Monster. Who would make a good Scholar, so long as the innate animosity and emnity of any normal dwarf (especially the creator) can be held in check and not provoke reciprocal rampages.
And the Monster could also do a mean rendition of "Puttin' on the Ritz."

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: July 26, 2022, 03:15:57 am »

Sure, if involving the right kind of wilder genes... ;)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: July 26, 2022, 05:08:18 pm »

If using too many wilder genes, the monster will instead become a wilderbeast, and do nothing but graze happily for the rest of eternity
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: July 26, 2022, 06:31:51 pm »

To allow the player more agency and control over the dwarves, the game is changed so that the player has to move each individual dwarf (and choose what they do) one at a time like in Adventure mode. After moving a single dwarf the game swaps to the next dwarf and so on.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: July 26, 2022, 08:38:05 pm »

To simplify things, you control each dwarf purely with the QWOP keys.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: July 27, 2022, 02:14:02 am »

In order to give you even more control over the dwarves you now have to control their breathing and heart beats.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: July 27, 2022, 03:59:45 am »

For even more control over the dwarves, you have to guide each blood cell through their bodies, steering it when there is a Y-intersection with the arrow keys. This is turn-based, so you guide one cell after the other for 1 second each.  When all the cells have been piloted for 1 second, you give the dwarf directions for the next second of it's life. Continue to the next dwarf and repeat. Etcetera.
FPS in Gravearmor (925+ dwarves) is 2-5 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: July 27, 2022, 11:55:32 am »

You have to react within a three-second time window to control a dwarf's every breath, heartbeat, or Y-intersection or else the dwarf will pass out.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 07:36:17 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 423