Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 423

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 525982 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #3825 on: October 14, 2021, 05:35:14 pm »

What? A game that's more complete than DF? Where do you come up with this stuff?!
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: October 14, 2021, 05:39:55 pm »

Suggestion: in honor of page 256, DF should revert to 8bit enumeration. If you cut down too many trees, you'll loop back to zero logs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: October 15, 2021, 01:48:59 am »

Key bindings are hard to remember so lets remove them and replace them with text prompts, that need you to use exact wording to execute the action you want.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: October 15, 2021, 02:37:16 am »

Text prompts also use the map grid for its arguments.

>build workshop carpenter'sworkshop 453 1043 maplewoodlog

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #3829 on: October 15, 2021, 03:05:43 am »

To avoid ambiguity with shared tiles, text prompts involving dwarves or artifacts require you to type the whole name of the creature out, including titles and accent marks.

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: October 15, 2021, 12:13:36 pm »

With your mouse in morze code.

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: October 16, 2021, 07:18:52 am »

To conserve memory space, the game no longer keeps track of creature/item/building/land locations when you Save the game. Instead, it simply uses the Records screen as a log of how many of what exist on the map. When you Load the game again, there will still be as many dwarves/chairs/lumps of spessartine/blue peafowl/finger lime trees/tiles of basalt/Carpenter's Workshops as there were before, but all of their locations are completely randomized. The dwarves themselves are all re-randomized as well (names, ages, skills, allowed labors, preferences, past histories, wounds, etc.), in precisely the same manner. The chance that a caged creature will reappear inside of a cage is vanishingly small.
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: October 17, 2021, 06:25:50 am »

Throwing should increase fighter skill to be even more overpowered. It's a melee skill but whatever. Too many combat related stuff increase fighter I guess. If so than melee skills should also increase archer skill as well.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: October 18, 2021, 01:00:05 am »

In order to decrease the need to grind skills from now on all actions increase all skills even if the action has nothing to do with any of the skills.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: October 18, 2021, 01:10:23 am »

To decrease the need to grind multiple skills, all skills have become one skill - "Do". All attributes have been replaced with "Body".

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: October 18, 2021, 01:42:08 pm »

Actions no longer require skills or attributes.

Instead, the game generates a random number from 1 to 6.  If a 1 is generated, the action fails spectacularly with serious consequences for those involved.  If a 2 is generated, the action results in a major (but at least not spectacular) failure.  If a 3 is generated,  a minor failure will result.  If a 4 is generated, nothing happens.  If a 5 is generated, the action succeeds perfectly.  Finally, if a 6 is generated, the action succeeds a little too well, generating serious consequences for those involved.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: October 18, 2021, 03:08:14 pm »

This happens just the one time, and dictates whether/how you 'win' the game. (But it still takes much playing to reach that result, because "Run DF. You win(ish)! Return immediately to prompt/desktop." isn't so much fun. And FPS still gets eaten, because what else are you going to use that core for?)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: October 19, 2021, 02:51:12 pm »

Wattpad is introduced to Dwarf Fortress.

ForgottenBeast-chan x Y/N
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: October 19, 2021, 02:56:08 pm »

Dwarves are given the ability to randomly mutate into clowns when drinking booze.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: October 19, 2021, 03:07:06 pm »

Dwarves are given the ability to randomly mutate into clowns when drinking booze bozo.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 423