Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 423

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 525580 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #3525 on: August 13, 2021, 08:37:48 pm »

Brain coral can be animated by a necromancer, resulting in an undead brain. Other zombies get distracted and try to eat it.
Zombies that bite the coral are forever latched to it, tentacles from the polyps entering their heads and converting what’s left of their nervous system into more brain coral. A side effect of this is that if enough zombies latch on, the coral becomes a writhing mass of bodies. Whether or not the necromancer still has control depends on whether social skills or the necromancer are higher than the combined social skills of the bodies that the coral amassed, the more bodies, the more social skills, and thus the higher chance that the coral controls the necromancer when enough zombies eat it. Said necromancer, upon getting controlled, will bite onto the nearest brain connected to the coral, thus becoming yet another brain, or in this case ganglia, of the coral

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #3526 on: August 14, 2021, 01:50:12 am »

Said necromancer, upon getting controlled, will bite onto the nearest brain connected to the coral, thus becoming yet another brain, or in this case ganglia, of the coral

The superorganism acquires every ability from its composites, so at this point the coral know several spells including the secrets of life and death. Should it be injured and any part severed during battle, it will raise that part as a new coral colony, and any regular undead may merge with that one.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: August 14, 2021, 02:35:02 am »

Multi tile creatures should be added, and they all should be like the blob and go around and absorb everything in their path.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: August 14, 2021, 09:03:46 pm »

Multi tile creatures should be added, and they all should be like the blob and go around and absorb everything in their path.

This turns out to be too much effort, so Toady just programs magma to convert things into more magma.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: August 14, 2021, 09:48:14 pm »

If a multi-tile creature attempts to absorb any part of itself, it automatically dies.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: August 20, 2021, 06:00:56 am »

I think legends mode does not reveal enough. Why not make it count every single thing everything does. Stepping, breathing, all of it.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: August 20, 2021, 07:35:39 am »

Legends mode lets you know each time a creature began breathing manually or lost "the game".
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #3532 on: August 20, 2021, 07:47:36 am »

+1, it should also record each time two creatures talk. The game can generate actual dialogue to record. In addition, the codices and scrolls also receive generated text of the specified length and quality.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: August 20, 2021, 08:15:08 am »

I also need legends mode to record the number of heart beats and eye blinks!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: August 20, 2021, 08:57:00 am »

This needs to be combined with the suggestion about pee and excrement.  It also needs to be expanded to include all animals (including vermin), not just sapients.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: August 20, 2021, 02:32:39 pm »

Every time two creatures mate in worldgen, legends mode should create a detailed report of it.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: August 20, 2021, 04:16:05 pm »

Every time any occurance relies upon psychological qualities, such as food preferences, or further gradual state of mind changes on top of prior experiences, a report with the scope of À la recherche du temps perdu shall be created.

And the reproduction requires ever changing florrid euphemisms all the time. "He delved with all his being into her very core, as she felt the strings of her desire plucked in harmony with... " [yeah, enough of that for now - there's probably better fora for going the full Mills & Boon/whatever].

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: August 20, 2021, 04:28:25 pm »

Oh, and for creatures that give live birth, there needs to be a detailed report of that as well.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: August 20, 2021, 09:41:43 pm »

Each entry needs to be preceded by entries of the creature thinking about and deciding to perform that entry. This occurs whether or not it makes sense to do so, and may be chained.

In the Spring of 185, Urist decided to think about deciding to think about thinking about deciding to breathe.
In the Spring of 185, Urist thought about suffocating.
In the Spring of 185, Urist decided to suffocate.
In the Spring of 185, Urist suffocated.
In the Spring of 185, Armok thought about writing a Legends mode entry about Armok thinking about Armok writing a Legends mode entry about Urist deciding to think about deciding to think about thinking about deciding to breathe.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 09:47:30 pm by Bumber »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: August 21, 2021, 02:03:49 am »

If my save doesn't take up a terabyte because all the people thinking about thinking about stuff in legends mode I'm gonna be pissed, you know what I want every year to be one or more terabyte wroth of stuff!
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 423