Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 423

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 525366 times)

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #3345 on: June 27, 2021, 12:55:26 am »

Dwarf Fortress should be as apolitical as possible because injecting politics into video games divides gaming communities. As such there should be no Fortress Mode or any civilizations of any kind. But anarchy is a form of government as well and adventure mode should also be removed to prevent players from doing whatever they want. The game should be redesigned to be a dwarven blacksmith simulator as that would make much less work to do than what the game is planned to become.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: June 27, 2021, 01:00:30 am »

Because humans are confirmed in real life to be predators and are the largest "default" sapient playable race in the game, they should possess [LARGE_PREDATOR] token and [AMBUSHPREDATOR] for how cavemen used to get food. Maybe also [LARGE_ROAMING] because of survivalists.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: June 27, 2021, 01:26:41 am »

You know what'd make the game more fun, the ability to make landmines, and you know what'll make the game even more fun is if landmines could randomly spawn in the world with one out of every three tiles containing a landmine.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: June 27, 2021, 01:57:23 am »

Exclusively command console interface. No graphics whatsoever. Everything else is just the same and the game goes on at the same phase. No auto messages at all. To interact with anything in the game you must write commands, this includes looking or hearing something.

DF is rewritten to use paper teletypes to display output, and nothing else.

Mr Crabman

• Bay Watcher
  • A person with the head and pincers of a crab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: June 27, 2021, 06:04:13 am »

Make the game run in real time; 1 year ingame is a year in real life, and 1 day ingame is 24 real hours.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: June 27, 2021, 01:29:37 pm »

Because humans are confirmed in real life to be predators and are the largest "default" sapient playable race in the game, they should possess [LARGE_PREDATOR] token and [AMBUSHPREDATOR] for how cavemen used to get food. Maybe also [LARGE_ROAMING] because of survivalists.

I'm actually tempted to mod this (unfortunately right now they won't actually do anything unless I also remove the [INTELLIGENT] tag).
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: June 27, 2021, 03:34:21 pm »

Dwarf Fortress should be as apolitical as possible because injecting politics into video games divides gaming communities. As such there should be no Fortress Mode or any civilizations of any kind. But anarchy is a form of government as well and adventure mode should also be removed to prevent players from doing whatever they want. The game should be redesigned to be a dwarven blacksmith simulator as that would make much less work to do than what the game is planned to become.

Blacksmithing can be used to make weapons of war, which results in politics. Best to just watch dwarves wander around aimlessly or stand in place.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: June 27, 2021, 05:28:33 pm »

Don't forget that making something apolitical is a political decision to support the status quo according to some, so technically nothing DF could do would make it apolitical (not even abandoning development of the game).
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: June 27, 2021, 06:47:58 pm »

So the games gets replaced for endless podcasts of Toady arguing with himself why he should and should not keep development of the game until we all die.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

DwarfStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: June 28, 2021, 10:17:52 am »

Provide keybindings optimized only for Dvorak keyboards. Once everyone switches over they’ll be so much more productive!

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: June 28, 2021, 11:17:49 am »

So the games gets replaced for endless podcasts of Toady arguing with himself why he should and should not keep development of the game until we all die.

+1
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: June 29, 2021, 01:38:37 am »

Change all the creatures in game to lay eggs instead of live babies, but also remove nesting boxes but not the requirement for them to hatch eggs.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: July 01, 2021, 03:09:43 am »

There should be clowns made of slade, but only the size of a period.  If they get into a library they immediately jump into a book and nobody can ever pick that book up again.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: July 01, 2021, 03:41:57 am »

...and they always choose exactly the worst part of the book to inhabit, changing the whole meaning and value of the text by their missapplied punctuation.

e.g. "Thou Shalt Not. Commit Adultary!"

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: July 02, 2021, 01:02:50 am »

To prevent dwarven checkerboard from working and allowing non-flier clowns to spawn in fortress the initial wave should be intentionally magical and just spawn clowns randomly all over entire fortress.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 423