Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 422

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 523725 times)

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #1860 on: July 15, 2020, 04:21:16 pm »

Ram horned, hairy legged Succubi in thongs, shouting uncensored profanity, at the adult player. If kiddo player, replace above with a bald, chubby bellied Hobbit in overalls, whistling at the kiddo. Have option for maturity in init_d.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: July 18, 2020, 12:12:35 pm »

Dwarves can brew booze from meat.

Oh, I know what you're thinking, "But that's a great idea, I can set up a still on a glacier without setting up an underground farm first."  And yeah, it'll be all fun and games, forcing your dorfs to quaff weird, nasty Chicken Beer and Pork Wine...but then the lean times hit, and the still runs dry, and as your booze stockpile dwindles, folks start getting ideas.  Ideas for new sources, new brews.  Then one day, Urist McHauler comes up missing, and there's a few new barrels of Mysterious Grog in the stockpile...
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: July 18, 2020, 12:27:14 pm »

That’s called resourcefulness

Every tile a dwarf steps on will have a 1% chance of becoming a meat tile, damaging the dwarf in the process. This can also happen with every other animal as well. Smaller animals will be completely converted, larger ones can turn more tiles into meat before eventually becoming the last meat tile created by it. So every step s creature takes, has a chance of the tile turning into part of them.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: July 18, 2020, 05:16:33 pm »

Particularly powerful necromancers can raise dead vegetables even if they have been eaten and digested.  So a necro could suddenly reanimate all the plump helmets eaten in the fort since its inception, resulting in all dwarves suddenly exploding into 20+ plump helmet men, and now you have a plump helmet man fort.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: July 18, 2020, 06:24:09 pm »

but plump helmets aren't vegetables, they're fungi

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: July 18, 2020, 06:39:22 pm »

but plump helmets aren't vegetables, they're fungi

They are culinarily considered vegetables, even if they are not botanical vegetables, much as tomatoes are considered vegetables for eating purposes even though they are botanical fruits and, specifically, are literally berries.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: July 19, 2020, 06:56:02 am »

Necromancers of the highest level can raise everything in a fortress, and when one of them sneaks in you end up with your dwarves being attacked by every item in the fortress, even their own clothing attacks them!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: July 19, 2020, 10:11:28 am »

If necromancers are messing with ininimate objects, does that mean that they were alive? Oh, plants are used to make clothing so I guess it makes sense

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: July 20, 2020, 03:28:25 am »

All of it can come life, its like Toy Story but with mugs and warhammers instead.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1869 on: July 20, 2020, 03:30:13 am »

A common mythical motif is natural features, or even the world itself, being crafted from the corpse of a dead giant.

Naturally, this means that once the mythgen arc is complete, in a world where this is the case, a necromancer may animate the entire planet as a zombie, destroying civilization.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: July 20, 2020, 03:45:00 am »

Sounds like I've got a new DnD campaign...

Moeteru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: July 20, 2020, 06:20:58 am »

How about elven necromancers who, instead of becoming obsessed with their own mortality, become obsessed with the rampant tree-genocide being perpetrated by the other races. They seek out the secrets of life and death in order to bring their beloved trees back to life and wage war against those who caused their deaths. When they siege your fort they bring undead wagons, catapults, and ballistae, in addition to the usual fleshy/bony undead. If they get inside your fort they can start reanimating furniture and other wooden objects. One minute a dwarf is happily having a drink - the next he's being crushed under a pile of reanimated booze barrels. They could even use their undead siege engines to launch smaller undead over your walls, assuming you made the mistake of building on the surface.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: July 20, 2020, 06:41:37 am »

That isn't a terrible suggestion, it's an awesome suggestion.  It may be the first way anyone has invented to make elves anything other than the lamest sapient species in the game.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: July 20, 2020, 06:44:54 am »

A combination of the Tyranid/Genestealers and Jason And The Wheeled Warriors..?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: July 20, 2020, 07:03:57 am »

I feel there should be a special message displayed when your fortress gets killed by undead wagons.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 422