Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 421

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 522654 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #1110 on: November 19, 2019, 02:19:15 am »

The pyramids shall be the end of all things, when they collapse in upon themselves!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: November 19, 2019, 08:36:03 am »

Stop expanding the quote pyramid I made as a joke. It was not supposed to get E X P A N D E D .
pug

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: November 19, 2019, 08:52:37 pm »

Allow dwarves to see into our world so they can appreciate just how bad their world is.

"What the clown do you mean, your world doesn't have reanimating biomes?  And nobody's ever ordered you to build a pumpstack for magma??"
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: November 20, 2019, 02:32:05 am »

Stop expanding the quote pyramid I made as a joke. It was not supposed to get E X P A N D E D .
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]
Edit:  :(
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 02:34:25 am by Urist McUristUrist »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: November 20, 2019, 02:59:23 am »

I am so glad that shit doesn't work here.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 05:37:45 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: November 20, 2019, 05:36:54 am »

Never mind this post.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: November 20, 2019, 10:37:41 pm »

Allow dwarves to see into our world so they can appreciate just how bad their world is.

"What the clown do you mean, your world doesn't have reanimating biomes?  And nobody's ever ordered you to build a pumpstack for magma??"

"You mean you don't get severe PTSD every time you're caught in bad weather? Huh, must be nice."
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: November 21, 2019, 01:17:59 pm »

Dwarves should be able to have/develop food allergies/sensitivities. It takes a masterwork-level success by a diagnostician to figure out why they're sick all of the time.

After a long enough period of time, the dwarves will give up trying to figure out what is wrong. They will either lie down on the ground and wait for death to take them, or just accept "I guess I'm just going to always have the runs."

The player, understanding more about medicine than the dwarves, will be able to pseudo-id the illnesses as belonging to the "food illness" category by the messages about the dwarf being sad or terrified recently by their body not functioning correctly.

This will have to wait for the food contamination arc to function properly, but will provide code useful to the parasites arc.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: November 21, 2019, 08:03:37 pm »

Dwarves will stress-eat in an attempt to regulate their emotions.  On the one hand, it's another way for them to self-manage negative thoughts and avoid full-on tantrums.  On the other, if Urist McEntomophobe keeps chowing through half the larder every time they see a cockroach, you may soon have bugger bigger problems.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: November 21, 2019, 08:26:23 pm »

A minority of dwarves will instead cope with their emotional baggage through severe alcoholism (I'll leave your imagination to the specifics of alcoholism severe enough that even dwarves think it's a problem).
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: November 22, 2019, 10:11:55 am »

Add a new material: shityourpantsium. It does exactly what you think.
pug

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: November 22, 2019, 10:15:25 am »

Dwarves will stress-eat in an attempt to regulate their emotions.  On the one hand, it's another way for them to self-manage negative thoughts and avoid full-on tantrums.  On the other, if Urist McEntomophobe keeps chowing through half the larder every time they see a cockroach, you may soon have bugger bigger problems.

This is actually such a nice way to fix the stress issue.

Remodeling:
Dwarves will upgrade their furniture for anything better in nearby stockpiles. Dwarves slowly carry golden dressers back to their rooms and dump their slate dresser in the hall. Dwarves will be quite peeved if you take their artifact coffer away, or reinstall their old wooden bed.

Five chickens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: November 22, 2019, 04:49:44 pm »

Alcoholics Anonymous for dwarves, leading to dwarven prohibitionists.  Dwarven Carrie Nation smashing your stored booze and destroying your taverns.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 421