Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: You are a 40k Planetary Governor (SG)  (Read 7099 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a 40k Planetary Governor (SG)
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2018, 05:12:25 pm »

No Canith/Tanith option?

The 981st Elysian Drop Troopers Regiment

Versatility sounds good.

This is obviously the more strategically sound vote, however the first one has the allure of SEVERAL Baneblades. No big deal. Cast my vote for the Elysians so that the thread doesn't get tied up.

Versatility sounds good.

Spoiler:  GM Note (click to show/hide)

You commanded an Elysian Drop Troopers Regiment with great skill, effectively dismantling the enemies of Mankind piece by piece with scarcely matched strategic acumen.

Beside your distinguished career, you are widely known for your:

Piety: Your fanatical devotion to the God Emperor and burning zeal to see His Will be done impressed even a Sororitas, and you will brook no heresy among the planet you've been given.
  + Heresy is less likely to arise
  + Improved relations with the Ecclesiarchy
  - Anything with so much as a trace of Xenos or Daemon influence is off the table

Strictness: You are among the most disciplined servants of the Imperium to ever wear an Elysian carapace, and you hold those beneath you to the same lofty standards you do yourself.
  + 10% boost to Industry
  + 10% boost to your soldier's morale
  - Influence among the world's civilian population, both common and noble

Humility: You regard yourself as no more than a speck in the teeming masses of Humanity, and live an austere and spartan lifestyle simply because you cannot stomach luxury.
  + Influence among the common population
  + You'll save funds on upgrading the Governor's Palace
  - Influence among the noble population, both on and off-world.

What is your name?
What is your gender?
And after decades fighting and nearly dying in warzone after warzone, how do you appear?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2018, 09:55:30 pm »

((I used a Latin name generator, because I could only find name generators for xenos, Sisters of Battle, and Space Marines.))

Our name Syncerastus Luzi, we are Male and (in)famous for our Strictness. Syncerastus Luzi has a scar going through his left eye, and severe burns on his right hand. He is rather tall.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2018, 10:41:26 pm »

((I used a Latin name generator, because I could only find name generators for xenos, Sisters of Battle, and Space Marines.))

Our name Syncerastus Luzi, we are Male and (in)famous for our Strictness. Syncerastus Luzi has a scar going through his left eye, and severe burns on his right hand. He is rather tall.

Spoiler:  GM Note (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2018, 12:09:33 am »

Sounds dope. +1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2018, 12:43:19 am »

Sounds dope. +1
1+ sure why not

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2018, 01:57:39 am »

Sounds dope. +1
1+ sure why not
+1
And there always fantasy name generators.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2018, 02:05:40 am »

Sounds dope. +1
1+ sure why not
+1
I only found Marine or Xeno names there, as I said. But I suppose the nobility uses High Gothic (i.e Latin) names.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2018, 05:32:12 am »

Sounds dope. +1
1+ sure why not
+1
+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2018, 05:48:13 am »

Sounds dope. +1
1+ sure why not
+1
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2018, 10:24:47 am »

Sounds dope. +1
1+ sure why not
  + 1
+1
+1

You are Syncerastus Luzi, Son of Elysium, notorious for your campaign against the Xenos, and infamous for your strictness. Aside from your immaculate grooming and toned physique, you are significantly taller than the average man and have suffered several wounds in the line of the duty, the most noticeable of which are a gouging scar across your left eye and a series of nearly black, barely healed burns on your right hand.

Studying the briefing document, you're pleasantly surprised to find Trevantis V is known for its...

[CHOOSE TWO]

Bountiful Soil- Nearly an agri-world, its dirt is fertile enough that the world is more than capable of sustaining itself, to such an extent could easily become an agri-world given sufficient development.
  + Trevantis V is more than able to meet its own food needs.

Ceramite Mines- The world is notable for its abundant resources, most notably the presence of substances required to manufacture Ceramite, a vital material for the construction of Carapace Armor.
  + Trevantis V possesses the mineral deposits necessary to manufacture Carapace Armor.

Trade Route- Most intriguingly, the planet lies on the far end of an extensive trade route and once it's established itself, it's bound to receive abundant interstellar commerce.
  + Eventually, Trevantis V will be a waypoint for merchants and Rogue Traders traveling the frontier.

Extensive Fortifications- This world is no Cadia, but prior to the pirate raids and heretical revolt, it was famed for its impregnable bunkers and devastating turrets, which could be restored in time.
  + Trevantis V has many heavily fortified ruins that could be restored.

Faithful Populace- After the revolution those who remain are fanatical in their devotion to the God Emperor, and barring severe circumstances, they will never forsake Him.
  + The morale of the population is greatly increased.
  + The odds of Heresy are greatly reduced.

Fierce Populace- Due to a warlike culture or hostile climate the population is notorious for its martial prowess, and given proper instruction, they could form a deadly PDF.
  + Imperial Guard and PDF regiments raised on-world have bonus experience.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2018, 10:38:30 am »

Extensive Fortifications and Faithful Populace
After all, guardsmen are replaceable, and fortifications are most useful if no traitors rise to secure them against us.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 11:48:15 am by Redjive_Industries »

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2018, 11:01:27 am »

After all, guardsmen are replaceable, and fortifications are most useful if no traitors rise to secure them against us
1+ I rather be secure and poor than wealthy and dead

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2018, 11:49:12 am »

After all, guardsmen are replaceable, and fortifications are most useful if no traitors rise to secure them against us
1+ I rather be secure and poor than wealthy and dead
I was considering bountiful soil and extensive fortifications, for the most secure supply line imaginable, but, as I mentioned, lots of farmland just means lots more Tyranids to deal with.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2018, 11:49:22 am »

Ceramite Mines and Faithful Populace
Our army type actually isn't meant for fixed-piece action or static defense. Having protection travel with the infantry will be much more beneficial for us. Oh, and screw the heretics, we are NOT having Chaos show up in our backyard.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2018, 11:59:16 am »

Ceramite Mines and Faithful Populace
Our army type actually isn't meant for fixed-piece action or static defense. Having protection travel with the infantry will be much more beneficial for us. Oh, and screw the heretics, we are NOT having Chaos show up in our backyard.
Ah, yes, I forgot we were Elysians crazy airborne madmen with no armor support.
+1 for Ceramite Mines and Faithful Populace.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6