Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: You are a 40k Planetary Governor (SG)  (Read 7083 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are a 40k Planetary Governor (SG)
« on: October 22, 2018, 03:13:09 am »

Citizen of the Imperium, through inconceivable effort or impossible happenstance, you have been appointed Planetary Governor of Trevantis V, a recently colonized planet on the easternmost fringe of Segmentum Ultima. Ordinarily, you would not have been chosen, but following a heretical uprising, a series of pirate raids, and the near-total destruction of the world's infrastructure your predecessor was executed for his incompetence and the High Lords of Terra were forced to find a replacement on short notice. You happened to meet the bare minimum qualifications, and given your system's isolation, you will be allowed to exert an otherwise unacceptable degree of independence in your authority. Know this, should you fail in your duties, you will be removed and replaced. Do not fail.

-In the Name of the God Emperor.

Who are you, to have been given such an honor?

Esteemed Aristocrat- As the fourth heir to a Segmentum Solar hive world Governor's position, you never expected to rule but your talent for statecraft did not go unnoticed, it was deemed unacceptable to let your skills go to waste, and your family managed to pull enough strings and call in enough favors to get you appointed Planetary Governor.
  + 10 bonus to diplomacy and persuasion
  + 400,000k starting Thrones
  + Influence among the nobility

Imperial Guard General- Once a lowly conscript, your tenacity saw you rise through the ranks until you led a regiment of your own, and following a brilliant campaign which saved an entire sector, in recognition of your efforts you've been rewarded the position of Planetary Governor.
  + 10 bonus to military command
  + One regiment of veteran Imperial Guardsmen and their equipment
  + Bonus population from your settling troops and their families

Former Rogue Trader- For decades you have braved the Warp, plying goods from across the Imperium and furthering the boundaries of known space, and have been granted the opportunity to retire as a Planetary Governor.
  + 5 bonus to both diplomacy and persuasion, and military command
  + 200,000k starting Thrones
  + Tarask-class Merchantman with additional Lance batteries

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: You are a 40k Planetary Governor (SG)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 03:19:07 am »

Imperial Guard General. Let's try not to die.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 05:24:05 am »

+1.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 06:53:51 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 08:15:14 am »

. Ordinarily, you would not have been chosen, but following a heretical uprising, a series of pirate raids, and the near-total destruction of the world's infrastructure your predecessor was executed for his incompetence and the High Lords of Terra were forced to find a replacement on short notice. You happened to meet the bare minimum qualifications,

-In the Name of the God Emperor.

Who are you, to have been given such an honor?

Former Rogue Trader- For decades you have braved the Warp, plying goods from across the Imperium and furthering the boundaries of known space, and have been granted the opportunity to retire as a Planetary Governor.
  + 5 bonus to both diplomacy and persuasion, and military command
  + 200,000k starting Thrones
  + Tarask-class Merchantman with additional Lance batteries
Gee, I feel reassured that I am competent enough to do this. The best planetary defence is to keep them from getting anywhere near the planet, so Rogue Trader it is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 11:56:24 am »

+1.
+1
1+
+1

You are an Imperial Guard General, dedicated in the line of duty and decorated for your successful campaign against the Orkish warboss Uzgrud Grubas which saved an entire sector from a potentially devastating Waaaagh.

Which regiment did you command?

The 352nd Mechanized Regiment- Initially out of Armageddon and trialed by Orkish gunfire, they are well-equipped for mobile warfare with an abundance of Chimeras, an array of Leman Russ tanks, and most notably, a handful of Baneblades.
  + 10 bonus to military operations in open terrain

The 458th Vostroyan Infantry Regiment- A large fighting force skilled in urban engagements and effective in even the coldest climates, their iron will, discipline, and heavy weapons compensate for their minimal vehicle support, consisting of a handful of Leman Russ tanks.
  + 10 bonus to military operations in covered terrain

The 981st Elysian Drop Troopers Regiment- Versatile in combat and skilled at lightning assaults with light infantry and extensive air support, they have little in the way of armor aside from an inventory of Tauros vehicles.
  + 5 bonus to military operations in both open and covered terrain

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 12:39:41 pm »

ptw
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2018, 01:06:22 pm »

The 981st Elysian Drop Troopers Regiment

Versatility sounds good.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Outsider

• Bay Watcher
  • SOMEONE HELP ME WITH AVATARS ON THIS BLOODY SITE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2018, 02:18:41 pm »

No Canith/Tanith option?

Versatility sounds good.

This is obviously the more strategically sound vote, however the first one has the allure of SEVERAL Baneblades. No big deal. Cast my vote for the Elysians so that the thread doesn't get tied up.
Isekai: A suggestion game. High Fantasy, Action, Adventure.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2018, 02:27:46 pm »

I'm going to vote Armored.

This is 40k. If the terrain isn't open when the ground war starts, you have no employed sufficient orbital bombardment. Alternatively, you need to get more purging done, since if you can't just orbital bombard everything into dust it's probably because you let the enemy sneak into your city.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2018, 02:29:37 pm »

I'll vote for The 458th Vostroyan Infantry Regiment
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2018, 02:39:15 pm »

Vostroyans - Lets ensure we can win any fight inside our cities first.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2018, 03:12:09 pm »

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6