Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Little Fishes (Saturday of the Age of Accretion)  (Read 3252 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Little Fishes
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2018, 03:10:20 pm »

PTW
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2018, 06:13:55 pm »

E

Name: Vadit
Symbol: Ѳ
Realm: The Palace of Lights
Usual Depiction: Nested, mobile pierce-work spheres lit from within

((Ah, long-ago memories of punching patterns into a tin candle 'lamp' shade at summer camp.))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2018, 06:01:41 am »

B

Name: Soaring Glory
Symbol: A Pair of Wings
Realm: The Wide Heavens
Usual Depiction: An Alien Humanoid, Avian in nature, and bedecked in resplendent emerald greens.
+1 for birb
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2018, 03:48:30 pm »

Quote from: the Voices From Another World
B: Golden archangel

Name: Soaring Glory
Symbol: A pair of wings
Realm: The Wide Heavens
Usual depiction: An Alien Humanoid, Avian in nature, and bedecked in resplendent emerald greens.

Some untime passes, and the lesser guardian emerges from its cocoon in a blinding flash of Gold. This archangel seems eager to start the work of building the foundations of the Wide Heavens. Soaring Glory surveys the empty void and wonders what sort(s) of world(s) the Voices would like to see

(A) A world-sized tree for all to roost in
(B) A flat disc
(C) The inside surface of a spherical shell
(D) (Boring) A spherical world largely made up of stone and metal with a thin crust supporting life
(E-Z) Something else entirely

It would likely be an excellent time to consider who or what should be assigned to watch the world.
(A) The radiant Golden guardian is perfect for such a job.
(B) The Mercury guardian is well-suited to being a bridge between the material and the immaterial
(C) Both should watch the world, even if in different capacities
(D-Z) Neither need to watch the world; something else will do so in their stead

((Schedule: 24h or a decisive consensus, whichever comes first))

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2018, 03:55:24 pm »

E A series of floating islands with their own trees, some of which have portals hidden in then connecting one island to another, everything floating safely above a planet made of strong winds and violent waters hidding a peaceful core

B
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2018, 03:56:26 pm »

E A series of floating islands with their own trees, some of which have portals hidden in then connecting one island to another, everything floating safely above a planet made of strong winds and violent waters hidding a peaceful core

B
+1

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2018, 05:01:44 pm »

C I still hate floating islands
D: The Great White World Whale, Möbius Dictus.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2018, 05:16:26 pm »

+1, why not, but make sure it looks like a cachalot

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2018, 05:21:30 pm »

B
+1

+1

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2018, 05:39:13 pm »

D-ish.
A number of tiny (geologically speaking) spheres each filled with a different mineral, orbiting a single sun. One could, if fancy struck, jump between them when they are passing each other.

B. Mercury
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2018, 05:43:34 pm »

F (a.k.a. E.2) Rather than 'floating islands' I would like the main settlements to be on 'aerial continents' (even if smallish continents they should be capable of supporting more than one nation) anchored in place by volcanic/basaltic Spires rising out of the world-spanning waters below. Moreover I don't support 'portals' regularly connecting them: whoever would cross from one to another must either fly or find a path down through the inverted mountain ranges to brave the dangers of the Under-Sea.

B is cool.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2018, 06:24:52 am »

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2018, 11:48:28 am »

+1
+1
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Little Fishes (Wednesday of the Age of Accretion)
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2018, 01:03:01 am »

Votes for the last update are still being accepted from those who haven't voted and will apply retroactively
Quote from: the Voices From Another World
C: The inside surface of a spherical shell
B: The sun is Mercury

Soaring Glory merely wills it, and a torrent of Tin Essence forms into a brightly glowing shell around the Mercury archangel. In time, its glow dies down as its surface slowly shifts and forms over the ages. Barren stone gives way to lush vegetation and wide oceans, but the Gold archangel seems unsatisfied by the unusually unilateral creation of the world, likely a consequence of the somewhat unusual shape of the universe, and petitions Soaring Glory for some time to fine-tune the earth, seas, skies, and life, maybe even adding passages leading to the outer surface of the world.

(A) "Granted. Let us speak of continents and oceans, mountains and valleys, woods and wastes, beasts and vermin..." (~48h to allow for a variety of input)
(B) "Denied. Let us rather speak of the wisest of the creatures, the subjects of the Wide Heavens." (~24h because defining mortals shouldn't take that long)

((Expected duration: 5 votes or 18h))

It is Wednesday, my dudes
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 01:39:00 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Little Fishes (Wednesday of the Age of Accretion)
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2018, 01:40:12 am »

A
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.
Pages: 1 [2] 3