Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Fledgling Gods [9/9] - Round 3  (Read 5554 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Fledgling Gods [9/9] - Round 3
« on: October 18, 2018, 04:07:51 pm »

In the void beyond reality, mana swirls. It tumbles around itself and spins freely, unrestricted by any mortal constraint. As energy slowly leaks in through the cracks from reality, it coalesces. Into something more than just energy. But rather, a being of pure magical energy. One able to impose its whims on the world in ways mortals could only dream of.
This creation is a god.

But new gods are... modest, at best. While they have gained the ability to anchor themselves firmly in reality (or else their very being would fall apart) imposing their rules on a reality already full of rules takes a lot of effort and energy. Energy that they don't have. Energy provided to them by the naturally-occuring souls of reality. Normally the energy created by these souls simply escapes into the Void, and the soul itself disintegrates in the Void when its time is done. The First formed from a Void saturated with Mana from these disintegrated souls, but now you are left with scraps. Energy just barely missed by greater gods.

For whatever reason, the Void is abundant with energy. Perhaps a cult of mortals committed aimless sacrifice. Maybe a god lost track of souls rising up from mortal bodies. But whatever the cause, this energy has created you, among numerous other fledgling gods.
Your first thoughts are that of two domains. Likely the last thoughts of those souls that now make up your form. Your second thought is the first mortal with a lingering connection to you. Most likely by chance, their soul is so alike to your form that you're immediately drawn to them post-creation. They may not be exactly what you thought, and they don't believe in what they don't know exists, but you have an idea. You know that you have a name; its unclear at first, but you decide quickly.
You also sense that you have 10 Mana, measuring how much energy you have to expend on the realm of mortals before you lose your ability to keep your own form. Based on your domains, you will gain two abilities that cost a set amount of mana to enact. Gaining followers, innovating with your current means, and much more will allow for new mana and abilities to come to you, you feel.

This is a "casual multiplayer" god game. Up to 8 people (and this can be changed) can join, and turns will likely have a minimum time of one day. Anyone not posting before the next turn will "idle", doing nothing but the most basic maintenance tasks. If you want to join, simply follow the bolded above. Name, two domains that you cover, a mortal that you start with a basic connection to, and that about covers it.
You also have the option to give some more flavor to yourself, but that is 100% not needed.

This is not a traditional "pantheon" game. Rules are light at best. There is already an established setting, though its exact contents are elaborated on based on the players' actions, and players may of course build on top of it. This takes place in a fairly standard medieval fantasy, and you'll see the quirks in it as the game goes.

Regarding abilities: They are your only way of interacting with the world. But as you approach new situations, gain new followers, and use your abilities, you'll get more. The ones you have at start are assigned by me.

This is, again, fairly casual, so please don't expect too much.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 08:20:56 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Fledgling Gods [0/8]
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 04:13:27 pm »

Name: Sadal
Domains: Revolution, The Working Class
Mortals: A lowly soiled dove, the lady Jara; a madame of a brothel
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 04:33:00 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 04:14:53 pm »

Name: Fles
Domains: Conspiracies, Illusions
Mortal: Ed Nes
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 04:15:24 pm »

Name: Kel
Domains: Order, craftsmanship
Mortal connection: A great dwarven crafter.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 04:22:42 pm »

Name: Wafna
Domains: Tragedy, comedy
Mortal connection: An unbelievably hammy minstrel

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 04:25:34 pm »

Name: Ugunspukis
Domains: Flame, forests
Mortal connection: Janice Namdar, a woodsman
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 06:14:21 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 04:30:15 pm »

Name: Eekokarn
Domains: Technology, Ambition
Mortal: The second child of a royal family
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 04:33:31 pm »

Name: X’arilyg
Domains: Mind, Corruption
Mortal: A conspiring yet whimsical and eccentric cultist leader.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 04:40:08 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2018, 04:39:42 pm »

Name: Mu
Domains: Strength and Magic
Mortal: Rykan, a fledgling mage
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 04:43:19 pm by Roboson »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2018, 04:41:03 pm »

Name: Prisma Prism
Domains: Magical Girl/Boy/Associated Power, Dimensions.
Mortal Connection: Sasutsune Miyu, a young 12 year old girl.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 05:45:07 pm by TricMagic »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fledgling Gods [8/8]
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2018, 04:46:55 pm »

I missed my shot then, PTW
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2018, 05:02:32 pm »

Name: Mu
Domains: Strength and Magic
Mortal: Rykan, a fledgling mage
« Last Edit: Today at 04:43:19 pm by Roboson »

Posted by: TricMagic
« on: Today at 04:41:03 pm »
Name: Prisma Prism
Domains: Magical Girl Power, Dimensions.
Mortal Connection: Sasutsune Miyu, a young 12 year old girl in Japan.

Also, no ninja, nin!

...I have no idea why this happens.. I spend  two minutes making my character, and find this reserve tag apparently.. No, nin, ninja.
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2018, 05:08:57 pm »

Edit: Got Ninja-ed severely.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2018, 05:17:04 pm »

Whelp, for the waitlist...

Domains: Trade and foresight
Connection: the merchant Octavian Grey
Name: The Faceless Prince
Description: Appearing like a prince or rich merchant, with clothes seemingly exuding both wealth and good taste while still being practical, but with no face, or in fact any features at all where his face should be.

Or in other words: same guy I played as back in Chromatic Spirits (or at least, what he would have grown to be). If I can get a bonus for that, that's great. If not, oh well.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2018, 05:38:09 pm »

Since glass helped me with the original idea, he gets a slot (meaning it's expanded to 9 slots).
Furthermore, A1S, mind redoing your entry a bit? It's just a bit too comedic for the intended tone, and I'd greatly appreciate it.

Tric: You were ninja'd, but it's fair. Also your entry seems invalid since A.) I'm personally not a huge fan of the magic girl domain, but much more importantly, B.) Japan doesn't exist in this setting. Feel free to change your entry for the waitlist.

Round 1 will be out fairly soon, assuming A1S is able to change his entry in time.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4