Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stocks  (Read 680 times)

Golden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stocks
« on: October 18, 2018, 11:38:19 am »

Okay so in the Stocks interface there are items with a light colored "F" what does this mean.
I am trying to melt down armor and other items I got that won't fit my Dwarves and I don't want it to melt the armor that my Dwarves are already wearing that is the same material, any help would be appreciated because this is a long running fortress and I am planning raids.
 Let me know guys!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stocks
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 11:56:53 am »

Forbidden. If it's light, not everything of that type is forbidden.

It's usually because the dwarves auto-forbid trash (depending on your refuse settings) from enemies you kill, and anything that is dumped.

Golden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 12:14:26 pm »

Forbidden. If it's light, not everything of that type is forbidden.

It's usually because the dwarves auto-forbid trash (depending on your refuse settings) from enemies you kill, and anything that is dumped.

Thank you so when I designate melt items in the interface it won't melt the items that my dwarves are wearing?

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 12:13:25 am »

I'm sure that if you mark an equipped item to be melted, it will stay equipped. Once the item is no longer part of the uniform, maybe because a better item was produced, I would expect it to be melted, but am not sure what happens if it is assigned to another uniform... maybe it would be melted or maybe the other dwarf would grab it and wear it.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.