Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My dwarf become a goblin lord  (Read 1855 times)

DrOdine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
My dwarf become a goblin lord
« on: October 14, 2018, 02:25:04 pm »

So I'm pretty new to this game but I had a pretty strange thing happen the other day, and I haven't been able to find anyone else talking about this. Let me set the scene: I'm a few seasons into my fort and all is going well enough when suddenly, a werebeast (I think it was a hyena) appears. I handle it decently well enough with my hammerdwarves, but unfortunately one of them was bitten in the lung and definitely infected with the curse. I don't have an atom smasher set up yet, and I was afraid of him turning so I decide to strip him of his gear and send him on a suicide mission to a nearby dark goblin settlement, expecting him to get put down instantly. Instead, I get a message informing me a few days later that he became the lord of that goblin settlement. I had no idea this could happen, but I'm pretty amused by the idea of a weredwarf leading a pit of dark goblins honestly   ;D

How could this have happened? Do you guys have any explanations for me? (unfortunately I didn't get any screenshots)

Brunste

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My dwarf become a goblin lord
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 11:08:23 pm »

Similiar story to myself minus the exciting ending and it was a wererabbit instead. My slayer-styled dwarf was sent to raze an entire fortress, but was captured. Never seen one become a lord before though.

Post the world/screenshots? I'm curious to see it.

Colonel Sanders Lite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 03:03:13 am »

a wererabbit
Every month, on the full moon, Urist McSlayer is compelled to eat carrots and leafy things.  What horror!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 03:10:23 am »

a wererabbit
Every month, on the full moon, Urist McSlayer is compelled to eat carrots and leafy things.  What horror!

The BONES man! LOOK AT THE BONES!

Brunste

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 06:17:04 am »

a wererabbit
In truth, he sees everyone else as carrots when the moon is full.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 06:28:35 am »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 06:40:37 am »

Goblins can convert captives to become members of their civ, so I suspect that's the first part. Becoming the lord after that is rather amusing, though. As goblin ethics consider murder to be a personal thing, they might not care too much about his monthly murdering sprees.
If you're going to attack that fortress for real, you should avoid the full moon (although I suspect DF doesn't actually take that into consideration (Yet. It probably will when multi location views are introduced).

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 08:53:03 am »

Well, I had a dwarf become a warlord of a necromancer tower. He killed their last one, escaped from their prison and then became their warlord.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

andrei901

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 11:13:17 pm »

a wererabbit
https://youtu.be/ijV176lGLK8?t=90

How was this not yet posted?

Merlota

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2018, 06:33:52 am »

I've been exiling infected dwarves if they don't take family with them.   A couple seasons later they'll return at a full moon and get a proper burial.

Taking over enemy locations is currently reserved for human performers, 12yr old children and the chronically unhappy.  I'll beat them down a few times with a mass of elven and goblin performers decked out in steel then send a new lord to demand surrender.