Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Kerbal Wizard Acadamy  (Read 24325 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Wizard Acadamy
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2018, 09:18:35 pm »

Use water and fire to send a wave of glowing water at the dorms.

((Shouldn't duscovering water have taken 2 points?))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fire and water? I don't see either of those in your character sheet.

Use Increase Body Fluids on a Kerbal near the fire, empowered by MY AWESOMENESS. Since we are made up of mostly water, this should cause them to put of the fire! right? riiiiigggghttttt?
(5) The fire is bigger than one Kerbal can extinguish, but you create a veritable flood of drool, tears, and urine using one of your hapless classmates as the conduit. You manage to 'save' a whole floor of the dorms and contain the fire to the upper levels. There's a round of confused applause and the onlookers all take a collective, nauseated step back.

Find Familiar! Start at the highest place I can find nearby!
(4) you look around, immediately ruling out the dorms since it is both burning and covered in bodily fluids. Next closest tall thing is hte Spell Research Tower, so you go there and climb to the top floor. THere's a trap door to the roof and you go through and are immediately attacked by a flock of bats. You gain 1 Disoriented Bat!

give my rock a name. It’s my familiar now. Right? Right?
Sure, why not. Your rock is now named Rocky Kerman, and is your familiar.

Go tape together some paper in the closet to make a spell book then go toss water onto the fires and thus discover summoning water, spend a research point or something on it I don't know.
One action per round, you. (4) you now have a very Kerbal spellbook. Three pages of colored paper held together by scotch tape. You lose [tape] and gain [spellbook 3/3]

go to the bus stop is time to visit the zoo.

(1) you must have been reading your map upside down because you get lost and end up in the Kerbal Wizard Academy Dump. Considering that the vast majority of Kerbals consider the entire Wizard Academy to be a dump, it's rather surprising that there exists a separate location within the campus for magical and mundane detritus, and lost wizardlings.

Try as JebbilvalentbilljebbillbobBillMcTaalikjeb did to present an image of normality, there was something decidly abnormal about the circumstances he found himself in. Something here required immediate attention, but he couldn't quite place his finger on it...

Wait, his finger?

Investigate the strange holes my fingers seem to have found in the middle of my face. Use my pencil to see just how deep they go, navigating their depths with the reckless enthusiasm of a would-be kerbonaut. Bring back samples.
(1) you thoroughly jab your brain with your pencil. You sit down and babble, clapping your hands and whistling through your bloody nose and around the lodged piece of wood and graphite. You are eventually carted off to the infirmary, where a skilled Kerbal Wizard Doctor successfully yanks the offending object out of your facehole, along with a trail of snot and blood. Unfortunately for you, she tosses all the samples in a Kerbal Wizard Storage Receptacle. Fortunately for yo, you acquire one cool looking face bandage that covers the middle part of your face completely, leaving one eye and your mouth free.

Run out of the dormitory, then go look for a rat.
(6) you run out of the dormitory just ahead of the crest of a wave of Kerbal body fluids, fleeing into the night like a rat escaping a sinking ship. Luckily for you, a small herd of rats also flees the building in similar fashion. You gain 5 Terrified Rats! You gain a dozen Rat Bite Marks! The sign of Wizarding excellence indeed!
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2018, 09:27:18 pm »

(Did I gain any research points from that?)

New spell! MORE WATER!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2018, 09:37:40 pm »

go toss water onto the fires and thus discover summoning water, spend a research point or something on it I still don't know.
((Also I do get one research point from making spell book, yes yes?)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 09:09:19 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2018, 10:47:42 pm »

Use water and fire to create a glowing ball of water.

((Forgot to add things to sheet, sorry.))

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2018, 03:29:55 am »

Go somewhere that has food, then give the rats food until they like me, if that doesn't work give them more food.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2018, 05:23:54 am »

search for a familiar in the trash.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2018, 10:33:44 am »

stare at rocky really hard. Discover rocks as an element!
Spoiler: Neil (click to show/hide)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2018, 08:29:03 pm »

Locate someone in the academy who looks like they might have access to some nice mind-numbing chemicals. Explain how the old face has been acting up, ever since the war. Could the kind young'un help out a grizzled old doctor like myself?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 08:30:52 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2018, 08:14:28 pm »

Well, that didn't work. Let's try another tactic. Just start running around the school, and grab the first creature that can work as a familiar that I spot (that isn't already claimed, of course).

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2018, 09:46:00 pm »

From now on, in true Kerbal fashion, you MUST announce that you are attempting to glean research from your actions, and what actions are research-worthy, or you get no research from them.

(Did I gain any research points from that?)

New spell! MORE WATER!
Sure, you get 2 research points for using a spell effectively and impressively, if disgustingly.
(1) you attempt to cast your spell, but it backfires and makes you really really thirsty. Dehydrated. you look like a shriveled old apple or something, but green. your eyes have shrunk comically in your ovoid head, and your voice is all raspy and breathy.

go toss water onto the fires and thus discover summoning water, spend a research point or something on it I still don't know.
((Also I do get one research point from making spell book, yes yes?)
sure, sure, one point research for making a spellbook
(5) you run and grab a garden hose, turn the knob, and get a fine stream of water which you direct toward the burnign building. You've discovered [Summon Water]! You manage to put out half of the second floor fire! Yay! hmm, you spend one research point and solidify your knowledge of summon water, meanwhile putting out the rest of the fire on the second floor. all that remains of the blaze is floor 3, and it's only a little burned. But the structure is making ominous creaking and groaning sounds, and the floor beneath you is kinda tilty and saggy. Hard to say, being Kerbal made, if it was always that tilty, but the sounds are definitely new.

Use water and fire to create a glowing ball of water.

((Forgot to add things to sheet, sorry.))

Oh, so you DID have one element already, then yeah, the second cost 2 RP, so make that adjustment.
fire and water to make a glowy ball of water eh? Heh heh. Okay. (3) you cast Fire and Water and make a big ol puff of steam, which dissipates in the air pretty quickly

Go somewhere that has food, then give the rats food until they like me, if that doesn't work give them more food.
(5) you bribe your familiars with treats. They don't even bite you! You now have Small RatPack (5) as your familiar. The kitchen staff chases you all out with a broom.

search for a familiar in the trash.

why do you have a big ol' gap above your character sheet? ah well, whatever
(3) you find some mayflies, maggots, and a six inch millipede. Being a Kerbal, you are only about 2 1/2 feet tall yourself, so a six inch millipede is pretty big. anyway, you have the option to take the swarm of mayflies, raise the maggots, or keep the millipede as your familiar, or look for something else (or you can try to keep all three)

stare at rocky really hard. Discover rocks as an element!
Spoiler: Neil (click to show/hide)
Your character sheet disappeared. must be magic. well, luckily last round has your sheet. You stare at rocky for a while, banging him into your head for inspiration. In a wave of dizziness you discover [stone]! You have spent your research point. Rocky seems pleased. Or maybe that's the concussion speaking.

Locate someone in the academy who looks like they might have access to some nice mind-numbing chemicals. Explain how the old face has been acting up, ever since the war. Could the kind young'un help out a grizzled old doctor like myself?
yah, Kerbals come in male and female flavors, though the mystery behind their biology is as yet unsolved. (6) You enter the Kerbal Wizard Academy Lab of Drug Experimentation and gleefully sign up as a test subject. You are strapped to a table and injected with a needle that looks way too large. You are pumped full of some blue, bubbly liquid. it makes your arm swell up really big before the liquid slowly seeps out into the rest of your body, making your mind go numb, along with all your limbs. Also, your skin turns purple, and your eyes start floating and drifting in their sockets. You can't be sure, but as your eyes turn completely backward you think you see whatever it is that passes for a brain in a Kerbal's head. "Far Out" you think you mutter, before wondering idly if soemthing inside your own skull can be considered 'far' or 'out.'

Well, that didn't work. Let's try another tactic. Just start running around the school, and grab the first creature that can work as a familiar that I spot (that isn't already claimed, of course).

(6) You grab Armand Kerman! You now have one Kerbal Familiar! He seems confused, but amiable.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2018, 01:14:59 am »

For !!Science!!, use fire to drive the steam forward and away from me.

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2018, 05:03:43 am »

Go do some SCIENCE get some bandages and use them to discover the element of healing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2018, 08:57:45 am »

Record the mass summoning of water into my spell book then go run to the divining pool

GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2018, 10:32:22 am »

take the swarm of mayflies and the millipede as familiars.

GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2018, 03:02:29 pm »

Use Increase Body Fluids on self!

Also drink some water from the scrying pool!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10