Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: More of that Sweet Guitar Music.  (Read 2615 times)

bengeorge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://benim.us
More of that Sweet Guitar Music.
« on: July 12, 2007, 01:52:00 pm »

No kidding, I really do like the guitar soundtrack.  Is there a way of adding more ogg tracks to the playlist, so that it doesn't get so repetitive?  

Possibly I could take several tracks and stick them together and rename them the same as the current ogg?

Any chance of more music coming soon?

=====================
The n00b menaces with spikes of question.

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of Tin
    • View Profile
Re: More of that Sweet Guitar Music.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 02:13:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by bengeorge:
<STRONG>Possibly I could take several tracks and stick them together and rename them the same as the current ogg?</STRONG>

It should work, however a much easier and more comfortable way would be to merely disable sound and play whatever it is you like in the background (with Winamp/WMP/Whatever)

If anything, my "request" would be that Toady make some more of that awesome music to listen to. (Though of course making the game more fun and complete is more important. As is allowing to change the amount of viewable tiles :P)

But what do I know?
Everything I say should be taken with atleast 1 tsp. of salt, and another liter of Dwarven Wine is recommended.

"I thought it was the size of the others!" said Vanon. "I guess it was just standing further away!"
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 02:45:00 pm »

I'd disagree. The music is more than sufficient in the sense that we've all listened to and enjoyed the same looping track for hours before (if) disabling it. That's more than you can say for the majority of video game scores.

It'd be nice but it's a very low priority I'd say.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 02:49:00 pm »

Maybe some context-sensitive music would be OK?  At the very least, a different song for each season?

I remember the first time I Played DF, it was pretty fun seeing how things changed from season to season.

Core Xii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 03:10:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Misterstone:
<STRONG>At the very least, a different song for each season?</STRONG>

Hehe I remember doing that. I made a play list with 4 different songs from Heroes of Might and Magic 3, each corresponding to a season. I would have repeat-one on, and hit the 'next track' hot key when the season changed :P

Reality is for people who lack imagination

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 03:31:00 pm »

I've written parts of 3 new seasonal songs.  I think 1-2 minutes of each, but it's just a time constraint again.  They'll find their way into the game eventually.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Anticheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 07:51:00 pm »

No chance of a preview?
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 04:06:00 am »

If you need music or other audio material, I extend an offer to help (if I can). I remember reading somewhere that you didn't want people to send you suggestion music, but this is more of an offer to attempt to flesh out an idea for you. (Might be a fun side project for me, I work with music\audio tech.)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 02:34:00 pm »

This is really something I like to do by myself.  I can't preview anything either, since it won't come together decently until the songs are written.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2007, 03:49:00 am »

Totally understand; the offer was made in consideration of the above mentioned time constraints.

Also I was thinking on a more general 'sounds' level, rather than songs. (Although when I think about it now I can't see sound effects being implemented any time soon anyways.)

Fourth Triad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007, 05:28:00 pm »

I just hope the tentacle demons never get their own sound effects...

bengeorge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://benim.us
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 03:31:58 pm »

~~~One year Later~~~~~~~

I was digging around today, and I searched for "more music."  This post popped up.  And I thought, wow, who is that guy who asked that great question a year back.  I was stunned to find it was me.

And a year later, still I do desire more of that sweet Toady shale instrument jamming.

Any news?
=====================
The n00b menaces with spikes of question.

slMagnvox

• Bay Watcher
  • Attend Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 05:48:59 pm »

Oh wow. 

I've written parts of 3 new seasonal songs.  I think 1-2 minutes of each, but it's just a time constraint again.  They'll find their way into the game eventually.

Three new songs!  Hope you can maybe dust off some of those tracks in time for the next release?  It is incredible this original track still does the trick, I've never heard anything else like it.  I for one would approve a week's delay in development so you could finish even one more dwarf composition, three would be superdwarvenly cool.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 06:22:22 pm »

Your still a escaped lunatic??

Omath Erius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008, 08:27:26 am »

3 other songs infers that this one will become the theme for one of the seasons..

Not serene enoguh for Fall..
Not lively enough for Spring...
Not dreary enough for Winter..

so Summer? an INIT option to toggle which songs to hear and which not to would be nice then. Be a shame to only hear that song during summer, maybe just because I haven't heard the others yet.
fhalkgsuehgvnl gherghlirhb
Pages: [1] 2