Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: Rune Race: Iqua Thread  (Read 17596 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rune Race: Iqua Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2018, 06:16:42 am »

Quote from: Botevox
Symphony Quiver: (2) NUKE9.13, Rockeater
Dragon Pike: (2) NUKE9.13, Rockeater
[/quote]
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2018, 03:08:24 am »

So, for next turn, I'm thinking we double up on the Discovery Phase, and do two investigates again. One of which should be Shadow, the other I'm not sure. Fire or Air would be good to unlock a new technique (I'm less interested in the Earth/Wood techniques, as with alchemical quenching we already have a way to 'enchant' metal, and I'm not sure what Wood would give us- Air and Fire are more likely to provide a 'spellcasting' technique, I think). Shape or Control could also be interesting.
Then, in the Design Phase, I'd like to do an experiment with Shadow. If we have a 'spellcasting' technique, something involving Attack(Shadow) could be interesting- I'm thinking that would involve assaulting people's spirits directly with Shadow. I'm hoping we'll get a bit more clarification as to what Shadow entails when we investigate it- if people's spirits are made of Shadow, then something like... [Ward(Shadow), Attack(Fire)] might work to directly 'burn' people's spirits.

...actually, it just now occurred to me that the technique involved with Wood is probably something like Summoning- we have saddles but no horses, implying that summoning beasties is possible, and Wood is the element of life. Summoning something with Form(Shadow) could be useful as well- although I imagine Control would probably be required to get any sort of mobile critter, if we can just summon clouds of Shadow to cloak our forces, that'd be useful.

Of course, this is all guesswork. That's a downside to this system, it's hard to make future plans.
Long Live United Forenia!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2018, 03:49:11 am »

I don't think Wood is summoning, if it is it would be exreamly powerful for somethingwe could get in the start, unless it's extreamly limted
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2018, 06:08:17 am »

Id go for shadow and shape/control

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2018, 06:09:51 am »

We do need revision votes

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2018, 07:15:17 am »

I don't think Wood is summoning, if it is it would be extremely powerful for something we could get in the start, unless it's extremely limited
Well, it would have a lot of potential, sure, but I think it could be balanced. Like, summons could be limited in duration and quantity, such that where one could fire a whole bunch of poisoned arrows in a battle, you could only summon a single critter for a few minutes, or something. I dunno.

You might be right, that Summoning is a technique tied to one of the celestial elements. But then what could Wood's technique be? I suppose it could be something like Augmentation or Mutation, where you directly infuse runic power into the body.
Who knows. Well, regardless, I'm leaning towards Shadow/Fire.

Id go for shadow and shape/control
Like Rockeater said, we could use some more votes- we can't investigate anything until the revision phase is done.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2018, 07:42:31 am »

Quote from: Botevox
Symphony Quiver: (3) NUKE9.13, Rockeater, Happerry
Dragon Pike: (3) NUKE9.13, Rockeater, Happerry
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2018, 09:01:55 am »

Revision Phase

Symphony Quiver
As our repertoire of deadly concoctions expands, it makes sense to give our archers as many options as possible. We shall rename the Swan's Song bow to simply the Songbow, and instead name the arrows- Swan's Song Arrows, Dragon's Song Arrows, any-other-poison-we-develop's Song Arrows. These will be stored in the Symphony Quiver, with black and white bands painted on the shaft to differentiate them- one black band = Swan's Song, one white band = Dragon's Song, one black and one white band = the next poison, two black and one white band(s) = the one after that, etc.

Roll: 7 + 1 (Easy) = 8 (Unexpected Boon)

As we have done with the Swan Pike, so now our smiths have tried with the arrowheads of our Song Arrows. Although the venom is more potent, it seems with such a small piece of metal and the mastery of our smiths we are able to produce poison-tainted arrows that operate consistently in flight.
Cost: Very Expensive (Land 1, Mana 5)

Separated from the cost of their arrows, our Songbows are much easier to afford and as a result, Command has decided to replace our previous Composite Bow for now.
Songbow Cost: Cheap (Land 2)

Dragon Pike
We praise the innovative spirit of the first blacksmith to try quenching iron in an alchemical solution. We could all stand to learn a thing or two from them. Quenching iron in Dragon's Lethargy isn't quite as original now, but it's still worth doing, just in case it produces an interesting result.
We should also make it a policy to try quenching metal in any future alchemical concoctions we discover, as part of the standard investigation procedure.

Roll: 4 + 1 (Easy) = 5

The Dragon Pike is notably as flexible as the Swan Pike, however, it does not suffer the problems of softness that the Swan Pike has. Unfortunately after engaging in a large amount of testing we did discover a weakness. The Dragon’s Pike breaks more easily when subject to repeated strain. Notably the strength of these strains does not need to be all that large as long as it is repeated persistently enough. Once we identified the difficulty our skilled smiths were able to correct the iron recipe to match the requirements of the venom.

It is now Winter, Turn -1 Discovery Phase
You may declare one phase a double phase this turn. The Battle Phase will contain some scouting information.

Event: A National Flag
In joining together in defiance against the Star, we have until now not thought about who it is we are or will become. No longer, a flag will be our first step on the road to declare ourselves forever worthy.

A nation that marches to war needs a flag to represent it. Design a flag for the glorious Iqua. The nation with the best flag will receive a hint token.
Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 09:29:31 am by Talion »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2018, 09:16:43 am »

That went well, I support getting the Shadow early

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2018, 09:22:24 am »

Quote from: Votebox
Double which phase?
Discovery Phase: (1) NUKE9.13
Design Phase:
Revision Phase:

Action 1
Investigate - Shadow: (1) NUKE9.13

Action 2
Investigate - Fire: (1) NUKE9.13

I could be convinced to change my vote for action 2, but I'm pretty locked in on doubling the discovery phase and investigating Shadow

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2018, 10:07:17 am »

Double which phase?
Discovery Phase: (2) NUKE9.13, Detoxicated
Design Phase:
Revision Phase:

Action 1
Investigate - Shadow: (2) NUKE9.13, Detoxicated

Action 2
Investigate - Fire: Nuke
Investigate Shape: Detoxicated

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2018, 06:05:01 pm »

Double which phase?
Discovery Phase: (2) NUKE9.13, Detoxicated
Design Phase:
Revision Phase:

Action 1
Investigate - Shadow: (2) NUKE9.13, Detoxicated

Action 2
Investigate - Fire: (1) NUKE9.13
Investigate - Earth: (1) SC
Investigate - Shape: (1) Detoxicated
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 06:38:28 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2018, 06:15:34 pm »

I think we should delve deeper into shapes and control... Shadow first though. We have basic understanding of every category. If we gain insight over control or shapes we should get a whole amount of new spell types.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2018, 06:19:28 pm »

I’m not a fan of alchemy, because it only affects liquids and not solids for some reason (ever heard of the conversion of alchemy gold?,) earth magic or fire magic would provide a new way to utilize our magic than just alchemy I want enchanting or some form of offensive magic

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2018, 07:03:42 pm »

I think we should delve deeper into shapes and control... Shadow first though. We have basic understanding of every category. If we gain insight over control or shapes we should get a whole amount of new spell types.
Except, techniques are tied to elements, not meanings. At least, Alchemy is tied to Water, and researching Form didn't gain us any new techniques, so I'm pretty sure that if we want new techniques, we need to research one of the elements.

I’m not a fan of alchemy, because it only affects liquids and not solids for some reason (ever heard of the conversion of alchemy gold?,) earth magic or fire magic would provide a new way to utilize our magic than just alchemy I want enchanting or some form of offensive magic
Uh, did you miss the part where we can now apply alchemy to metal? That's why I'm voting for Fire over Earth; we can already sort-of "enchant" stuff.
Also, do you not want to double this phase? If not, which phase do you want to double?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20